Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Diamond Authority

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
With the exception of the BB, I don’t have enough crown on the Akubra’s to get it just right. The Fed here is the odd man out.

DSCF2524.jpg

White Beaver Brand with a deep 4-pt diamond bash; Silverbelly modified Akubra Campdraft with a shallow 4-pt diamond bash; and the modified Akubra Federation IV with a 6-pt diamond bash.

m0nk

One Too Many
Beautiful Stetson! I need to take a pic or two of the diamond crease on my Fed IV at some point, saw another one nearly identical on the previous page.

They look great Mario. In late thirties/ early forties hats I often go back and forth between a center crease and a diamond. The felt quality in lightweight hats from this era seem to love that crisp/ sharp crease. The look works especially well on you.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Diamond Mario has a compatriot.... Nice work with the creases!

Thank you sir.

Right! And in a great staged formation flight no less (wait for the upcoming film, Fedoras In Space ;)). :eusa_clap

:D I sort of thought they looked like they were tap-dancing. I really like the Melton by the way.

Once the hand heals up I'm going to try and give the Beaver Brand a deeper bash like Powell's. Going to have to find a thread on cleaning white hats pretty soon!

Just look at William Powell's kite (Another Thin Man, 1939):

the_thin_man_film_03_01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff