Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Something should be written

Write a letter to the company... I personally would never allow an employee to speak to a customer like that!!!:rage:

Very VERY unprofessional!!!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
put your fedora on, stare at the guy and pull a little "Cagney" wisecrack..."think you're tough, huh?"
i agree with Brody...terrible...

The Average Joe

New in Town
I've never understood the reason why people feel the need to make mention of someones hat or much more their appearance.
I've sported a different hats for 20 years and have always gotten something.
When I dress to the nine's my appearance has always reflected that of the 1880's to the 1950's. I don't wear vulgor or offencive attire. Yet, I'm looked upon as if I'm a freak of nature.

The only time I feel the need to make mention of someone's attire is when they're wearing something (hat, shirt, tie, shoes, etc....) that I've been looking for for my own wardrobe and would like to ask where they got it and complement them on it.:eusa_clap

If I'm going to make stupid/snide comments or laugh about someone's appearence, I'll do it with my wife, in the car, on the ride home.;)

....and BTW:

What's the deal with not showing FG a suit.
Do the store clerks not realize that by his obvious appearance he had money to spend and was there with a purpose?
Hopefully this was a rare occurrence.:mad:

FedoraGent said:
Today when I tried to goto a suit store, when asked if I could look at the suits...they wanted a purchase decision before I even saw the suits... and he said:

"You can buy online, if you don't buy today I won't show you a suit. I'm not running a museum."

FG.

"You won't show me a suit?! What are you the Suit Nazi? No suit for you! Clearly they are fishing off the shallow end of the gene pool here for salesmen."

The Wingnut

One Too Many
'...grand opening of a pack of cigarettes.'

Okay, I'm stealing that one and USING it. What a class act.

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Those were the days...

I never heard the most irritating and idiotic comment made about my wearing a fedora, but it was related to me by a friend shortly after it was uttered.

Either late in our time in high school, or perhaps during a vacation during our early years of college, I was at a local mall with several friends and wearing, as has been my habit since December of 2001, a black fedora. Apparently at some point someone nearby was overhead to say something to the effect that I wanted to look like a rapper. Fewer things could be further from the truth.

Does this look like a desperate hip-hop aficionado to you?

If they had said that I was trying to look like a jazz musician, then there might have been more truth in the matter.

Otherwise, my hats have won only accolades.

Edward

Bartender
lol

Dolenz hasn't lost it at all.... looks great in that suit, actually. Love the hat, I wonder what model / breed it is.

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Now that's funny

I could see that happening with 50ish folk like me (a-bit of hearing loss)
:D I've heard quite a few references to "Clint" lately (I wear western). Makes no sense at all, but quite the compliment. Ron

patrick1987 said:
Could you have mis-heard rabbi?

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
A group from our church were downtown for a Christmas activity, when I accidentally heard two women talking. One said, What do you think of the preacher's hat?" The other replied, "I think it looks g......" I couldn't make out her last word, and still don't know if it was "good" or "goofy." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner