Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Machine

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
My Blacksheep special dyed greenish/gray that Bob created for me.....

30ji33c.jpg

nqacmd.jpg

DesertDan

One Too Many
That is beautiful, congrats!

Since getting my Bluegrass Green Campdraft I have been pleasently surprised at the versitility of the color. I need more green hats! :D

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice additions Richard, Charlie, and OG. I'm thinking the only cure for my green hat blues may be to pay a visit to Black Sheep Hat Works when Bob finishes his walking quest.

Thank you AL. Received in trade from one of our esteemed members here - one of the most enjoyable and valuable side benefits of our community.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
All of these green hats are great, but that last one from Alan is really something special.

Re: Green hats in China, I live in Shanghai. I see dozens of people wearing hats every day. I see lots of colors, but I've never thought to look at whether there were any green ones before. So I will watch for that. Although, just as in the USA, mens hats tend to be in darker colors than the many bright pastels women sport here. This being summer, most men are wearing straw in natural or white shades.

I just got back from a 3-week visit to the US. One of the items I brought back was my old Tyrolean hat, which I bought as a teenage tourist in Switzerland (in 1984). The hat is the classic loden green color one sees on the members of oom-pah bands. Since the thing is heavily festooned with all manner of feathers, pins, and brushes (I was a teenager when I bought and decorated it, so it's pretty over the top), it doesn't pack well. So I just wore it on the plane (the same way I brought it back from Europe in the first place). Of course, nearly everyone else in the airport was Chinese, and quite a few of them complimented me on the hat. I don't know if they overlooked the green color because of all the decorations, or if they had a laugh at my expense later, or if the whole issue is not such a big deal any more.

By the way, it is very typical for the Chinese to make a pun into a symbol. You are forever seeing the image of bats here, which symbolize "happiness," not because bats are happy or that people like them, but because the word for "bat" and the word for "happiness" sound the same.

I will keep an eye out and see if I can find any green hats over the next week or two. I am very curious now.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Another green shade from Black Sheep Hat Works. One of Bob's custom dyes, this one is the rejected shade of greenish/gray from the hat that became OG's in post #421 above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou