Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Machine

gear-guy

Practically Family
A better pic of my olive Berg. 20140303_120233.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
The green hat is a very versatile color, more so than most fellas think I believe. That's my 2 cents anyway. I've had this one for a few months now. I believe it may be a similar shade as Vic's Strat above, maybe not. Mine is also a Strat that had seen better days and was a bit small. Amazingly, a day before being gifted this one, I had bought another in slightly better shape so had Bob at Black Sheep Hat Works give this a total refurb while keeping the other original.

In bright sunlight:

In overcast light:

More pixs posted here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...ep-Hat-Works&p=1859476&viewfull=1#post1859476

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Agree about the color combo Alan. Your Nutria is a LOT of hat! Doesn't get much greener either

Thanks Perry, it will be getting some head time I promise

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This morning I opened hat boxes to compare a couple of vtg. Stetson green fedoras. Serrendipity finds me with 3 green shaded vtg. Stetson fedoras of similar ilk. The 3 are the Mode edge Sovereign, The Vogue with unique binding and the Avenue with felt folded and neatly stitched. The greens definitely have similar characteristics. IMO, it is an awesome color that contains enough other shades to coordinate well different attire. The felt of the Sovereign and Avenue are very alike - heavier with soft drape. The felt of the Vogue is thiner, finer and infinitely malleable.

i-PcJj8PP-M.jpg

(bottom to top - Vogue, Avenue, Sovereign)

i-ZzkRzdF-M.jpg

(bottom to top - Sovereign, avenue, Vogue)

i-t8WB26r-M.jpg

(clockwise from top - Sovereign, Avenue, Vogue)

Best, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters