Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Green Machine

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
A fine trio of Stetsons Eric, a great example of the various shades of green too. I agree, green is a very versatile color and should be in everyone's collection.

barrowjh

One Too Many

Here is a new VS 100 (Art Fawcett) made from a 1953 Merrimac hood originally felted for Mallory - it is the one elevated on the block in the center. Near side is a Borsalino Alessandria refurbed by Optimo (Graham Thompson), a Resistol Melorol behind that, and a dark green Barbisio velour in back also refurbed by Optimo. To the left of the VS 100 is a Stetson 3XB in front, a Royal Stetson Stratoliner behind it, and a moth-eaten Barbisio long-nap in the back (hiking hat).

Here is a shot of the VS 100 on me noggin -

Oops! Forgot 3 of my greens! Please forgive me!

Added in a Beaver Brand bowler, a light olive refurbed by VS, and lower left is an 80's Stetson c'boy beater.

Alright now, all 10 marching right at ya. New VS 100 Olive Drab is elevated on a block -

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This is the my appetizer after a parade of excellent green mixed hats
I try to gather all the green hats to show you the italian greenery.
I like green hats and this is a somewhat "audacious" for a good Sunday without cold wind and rain
2r7yl8z.jpg

barrowjh

One Too Many
That is about the same shade as the VS 100, DT, hard to find those long-nap finishes that the insects have not mutilated. The bugs absolutely love the long-nap felt, or maybe they are hard to spot (easy for them to hide) in those finishes. I would prefer a wider brim, but that is a really nice hat!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
John, you are right for the the palatability of the long haired felt.
It is for this reason that I try to keep these " rare " long hair hats (I have some of them) in special containers anti moths. Hope it always work :D
For longer brims, here in Italy, they are no longer produced and also these more classical are really rare. My biggest brims is a silver/grey Borsalino I posted some time ago

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Great color combo Alan. Is the brim binding the same color as the ribbon? Interesting wind cord attachment too, is it pinned?

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
The last few pages are amazing. I loved the comparison pics of the 3 Stetsons in the trees and the squadron of greens on the table. And Daniele's longhair and Alan's Stylepark are both outstanding!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Alan; I have followed your recent posts of the Styleparlk with real interest. Your pic above, fedora against the winter backdrop, really showcases the hat color. IMO, the saturation, shade, & intensity that characterize this green fedora come thru in your shot. You are an artist with your posts - Thanks for the thoughtful sharing.

Best, Eric -

Thanks all and Eric, thank you for the kinds words. Mike, the brim binding and ribbon are the same color. The trolley button is sewn in place - when unwound, there is a loop that would attach to a coat button. Stetson used this variation briefly with a fixed button sewn through in the center of the bow. This treatment is a little odd, but not unpleasant.

Thanks all and Eric, thank you for the kinds words. Mike, the brim binding and ribbon are the same color. The trolley button is sewn in place - when unwound, there is a loop that would attach to a coat button. Stetson used this variation briefly with a fixed button sewn through in the center of the bow. This treatment is a little odd, but not unpleasant.

I really like it Alan. Very different, and very sexy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters