Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Thankful Thread

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I am making a custom ladies hat for the united way silent auction at work. I am also going to be featured in the work news letter. I am very exited because my direct asked me to do it and it is good to be noticed by people in high places right?

Cricket

Practically Family
I am so very thankful for my husband and baby son. Our health is good, we have a roof over our heads, food in our pantry, and our bills are paid. But most importantly, every night when we all get home from work and daycare, we play. Just play, innocent play. That makes it all worth it to see the smiles of your family as you wind down the day. I am already smiling knowing that I will be home soon.

Slide Rule User

New in Town
I am thankful that I seem to have little choice but to feel thankful. Wants auto-adjust to means; the most attractive hill usually matches (barely) my ability to climb; disappointments appear trivial (so far). Sounds childlike but satisfying the want or meeting the challenge is always rewarding.

Thanks goes to teachers and mentors that instilled an over-arching love of learning, belief that most limits are self-imposed, and a desire to help someone; anyone.

If Fortune smiled for all, I would be a complete pollyanna (nifty word from the start of the Golden Era).

Foofoogal

Banned
IMG_2020.jpg

thankful I have sweet grandaughters who do things like this. makes nana very happy. :D

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I'm thankful that my Mother has blown almost every prognosis she's received out of the water, and she's getting close to beating yet one more. Each and every day is a gift.

I'm thankful that this year I will be hosting my family under my roof for Christmas for the first time. (And I'll admit it, I'm a little intimidated too.. :eek: )

And I'm thankful that my Grandmother turns 90 on Sunday.

Dexter'sDame

One of the Regulars
A little gratitude'll do ya a lot!

Just a few things I'm grateful for...

That I have a roof over my head and and can breathe, because a lot of my fellow Angelinos don't and can't this week.

My sister, who's my best friend and puts up with me, and even "gets" my love of vintage.

KJH,CAMH,and NLRR, for reasons known to them.

MK and the Lounge!

B. F. Socaspi

One of the Regulars
I'm thankful for the Remington Rand Deluxe 5 and Smith-Corona Corsair (cursive typeface!!!) I've refurbished.

Very useful. In study hall, only 5 people are allowed to use the library. I'm guaranteed to be one of those 5, because I always bring one of my typewriters in on study hall days and type as obnoxiously loud as I can.

Crude? Perhaps. Effective? Devastatingly.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I am thankful that I got to spend a wonderful weekend with both old friends and new ones this week. Consider that my actual thanksgiving, rather then the gauntlet I get to face today.

I am thankful that my mom is still coping with her pain and situation, and hope that she continues to at least be the -same- and not degrade yet again. And that she is strong enough to face todays gauntlet with me....yet will also provide the perfect 'we need to leave now' excuse for both of us! ;)

D....off to pretend she is boringly normal for the family.

Thanksgiving.

I am very thankful for my parents, while they have both passed on, were the people that I admire most as life teachers, moral examples and loving parents that punished and corrected me when needed, praised and encouraged me when needed and let me do as I wanted when needed. I can look throught their eyes sometimes and know what my choices are and know what I need to do because of what they taught me.

I am thankful for my brother, who is a guide and a friend. He relys on me and I on him. My father told me that when the time came, it would only be Chris and I, that we needed to be good to one another so that we can rely on each other for support that we need to make it through the hardships of this world.

I am thankful for my Church and my Pastor as the place and teacher so my poor sinful being gets spiritual healing. I find that I have learned more and understand more about Salvation, but know that the learning and growing never stops. It's where I drop my burdens and recieve that Peace which the world does not understand.

I am thankful for my friends. Those I may speak to in confidence and have their understanding and support in trying times. Those that I get to share with and enjoy those things in life that make it wonderful and comforting.

I am thankful for the peace we enjoy at home while others serve by going in harms way as in the military, police and fire departments.

I am thankful that we live in a country that seeks truth and justice that we may be protected from the unjust.

I am thankful for home and hearth, the food I eat, the clothes I wear, good health and that all of my simple needs that are met.

As I am out of work, I will be thanful for the next employment, and hope it comes really soon!

Lastly I am thankful for this Fedora Lounge which is a delightful place to come and share ideas with friends. For the chances to gather together with fellow Loungers in friendship and sharing. It has been a boon to my life and help shape what I do in this life greatly.

God's Blessings on you all!:)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here, here...

John in Covina said:
I am very thankful for my parents, while they have both passed on, were the people that I admire most as life teachers, moral examples and loving parents that punished and corrected me when needed, praised and encouraged me when needed and let me do as I wanted when needed. I can look through their eyes sometimes and know what my choices are and know what I need to do because of what they taught me.

I am thankful for my brother, who is a guide and a friend. He relys on me and I on him. My father told me that when the time came, it would only be Chris and I, that we needed to be good to one another so that we can rely on each other for support that we need to make it through the hardships of this world.

I am thankful for my Church and my Pastor as the place and teacher so my poor sinful being gets spiritual healing. I find that I have learned more and understand more about Salvation, but know that the learning and growing never stops. It's where I drop my burdens and recieve that Peace which the world does not understand.

I am thankful for my friends. Those I may speak to in confidence and have their understanding and support in trying times. Those that I get to share with and enjoy those things in life that make it wonderful and comforting.

I am thankful for the peace we enjoy at home while others serve by going in harms way as in the military, police and fire departments.

I am thankful that we live in a country that seeks truth and justice that we may be protected from the unjust.

I am thankful for home and hearth, the food I eat, the clothes I wear, good health and that all of my simple needs that are met.

As I am out of work, I will be thankful for the next employment, and hope it comes really soon!

Lastly I am thankful for this Fedora Lounge which is a delightful place to come and share ideas with friends. For the chances to gather together with fellow Loungers in friendship and sharing. It has been a boon to my life and help shape what I do in this life greatly.

God's Blessings on you all!:)

Well said, John, and especially meaningful since you and I are friends.

On this Thanksgiving, I too am grateful to God for my parents, both children of the Depression and both still alive. They have been the two most influential humans in my life. I, too, am grateful for my sister, for although we may differ in some areas, she ultimately is my best friend.

Like you, John, I am grateful for my congregation and the guidance I have received from many, especially our lead pastor (who has become a close friend), as well as the older saints of the church. More than these, though, I am grateful to God for having sent His Son to die for a sinner like me, and cleansing me of my sins through faith in Jesus.

I am grateful to be living in a country where economic, religious, and political freedom, though being challenged, is still of primary importance. My grandparents arrived here from Greece and Italy about 100 years ago, with little in their pockets, yet left an outstanding legacy which survives in their descendants. Whatever I now have, physical as well as not, is greatly due to my ancestors and to living in the greatest country ever to exist.

I'm grateful that I was privileged to have served in our country's armed forces, both here and overseas. Many people honor us veterans, but I also feel that it was an honor to have served.

And, yes, I am grateful for having found the Fedora Lounge. For years I felt like an oddball, wanting to retain certain styles and values from the past, but now I am part of a family of mostly well-informed, well-mannered, creative oddballs who I enjoy getting together with now and then.:D

Lee (Widebrim)

Erik

One of the Regulars
I'm thankful for the opportunities and blessing which I have received, even if I didn't always realize what they were or take advantage of them.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy