Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie I know you like close-ups but can you also add a wider shot so we can see the jacket front and back, that would be great.

Here's the Dustbowl on its new owner! The OD Green contrast stitching looks great!

AeroDustbowl_zps7cd2e396.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
In the near future, after Christmas bonuses most likely, I am wanting to purchase an Aero M422A. I've read here that Aero is not as keen on customizations as they use to be. Nothing extreme, but I was hoping to spec one out very similar to what JanSolo had done a few years back. Below there should be a link to his thread.

Couple questions:
Is Aero still using the same goat skin that they were using back then? I love ho much character his jackets in goat had from the start and the thickness of leather they had.
Is there a way of adding hand warmers to the pockets without effecting the shape of the jacket? Not sure if I phrased that correctly, but I live in Alaska and everytime I have a jacket without hand warmers I severely miss them. I like the nice trim look of the jacket and am not sure if adding hand warmers to the flap pockets to the flap pockets will make the belly bellow out at all.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?33475-My-new-Aero-Civil-M422a-G1

Adding handwarmer pockets isn't a problem...we just spec. the jacket with a civilian label...it looks great! Aero's goatskin is absolutely amazing...the same stuff that it has always been! Here's a closeup photo of Aero's goat...take a look at that rich color and grain!

Aerogoathalfbeltogilviechestpocket_zpse2f71993.jpg

theundeadkennedy

One of the Regulars
That does look stunning. Shouldn't have to worry about the hide at least :)
Do you think the hand warmers would change the silhouette at all?

Last edited:

reeks1

One of the Regulars
A few more newb questions: contrast stitching and "Japanese Config"

So, I threw up some pics of my first two fit jackets and the consensus was that both were too big (40, fyi). A 38 half belt should be en route to me soon, also fyi.

Anyway, I've read a bit about Aero's "Japanese config", and was wondering if this might be a good way to go. I'm 5'9", about 175, 30" waist, normally a 40 suit jacket. Have some bulk across the chest/shoulders/arms from the gym, "athletic", I'd say.

I understand that the arms are more trim with this config, but what else? Would this be something to consider in order for me to avoid "balloon back"?

Also, I like the look of the OD contrast stitch with brown FQHH. Anyone have pics? I want my jacket to me a total classic, so I'm wondering if I might question that move at some point.
Thanks!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
So, I threw up some pics of my first two fit jackets and the consensus was that both were too big (40, fyi). A 38 half belt should be en route to me soon, also fyi.

Anyway, I've read a bit about Aero's "Japanese config", and was wondering if this might be a good way to go. I'm 5'9", about 175, 30" waist, normally a 40 suit jacket. Have some bulk across the chest/shoulders/arms from the gym, "athletic", I'd say.

I understand that the arms are more trim with this config, but what else? Would this be something to consider in order for me to avoid "balloon back"?

Also, I like the look of the OD contrast stitch with brown FQHH. Anyone have pics? I want my jacket to me a total classic, so I'm wondering if I might question that move at some point.
Thanks!

The Japanese config. arms are two-piece arms, they don't change the overall circumference of the bicep. If you're athletic, you'll definitely want the standard three-piece arms. We need to get you the 38 for fitting before thinking of specific specs. First thing's first, and that's fit!

The OD Green contrast stitching is very cool, and almost "more classic" than tonal stitching...

Last edited:

reeks1

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Carrie! My two original fit jackets should be there any day. Hopefully the 38 works.

Your thoughts on Sheene v. Half Belt, fit-wise?

Green stitch is a strong possibility.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Carrie! My two original fit jackets should be there any day. Hopefully the 38 works.

I imagine Carrie will be able to answer all of your questions AFTER the 38 fit jacket arrives. ;)

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate

Green stitch is a strong possibility.

We shipped a beautiful size 38 Sunburst in Brown C/X Horsehide your way today...for the fit on the Sheene, we would need to get you a size 38 Aero Cafe' Racer (we have a lot of 38 cafe' racers in stock, so contact us if you would like us to send you one)...

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Reeks1, if Insurrection has a number of 38 CR's in stock, you might ask for one with the specs closest to what you want that might work out to the extent that you could simply keep it and not have to wait. In fact, that could be the case with the 30's HB on its way to you. Or you could buy both a CR and a 30's HB since one is never enough. :D

Reeks1, if Insurrection has a number of 38 CR's in stock, you might ask for one with the specs closest to what you want that might work out to the extent that you could simply keep it and not have to wait. In fact, that could be the case with the 30's HB on its way to you. Or you could buy both a CR and a 30's HB since one is never enough. :D

Pimp. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters