Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Carrie, a question about Vanson Chopper - is the inside liner a plain cotton one or is it quilted with diamond cross-stitching? The current lot with black liner looks different from previous pics with red liner which looks to be quilted. Also, any Choppers with red liner still available? Debating on jacket for winter riding. Thank you!

Oh and that black/white Aero cafe is really cool!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, a question about Vanson Chopper - is the inside liner a plain cotton one or is it quilted with diamond cross-stitching? The current lot with black liner looks different from previous pics with red liner which looks to be quilted. Also, any Choppers with red liner still available? Debating on jacket for winter riding. Thank you!

Oh and that black/white Aero cafe is really cool!

Hi 2wheelgrplr,

We have Vanson Choppers with the red quilted lining in sizes XS, S, and XL. Our M and L Choppers have a classic black rayon lining (no quilting).

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Hey Carrie, I hover between a 40 and 42, I'm guessing Medium. Any chance for red-quilt-liner Vanson Chopper in that size in the near future? If not, does it have to be a one-off/special order? How long does such orders take? Perhaps I'll just contact you in person. Thanks and looking forward to more drool-worthy pics from you :)

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hey Carrie, I hover between a 40 and 42, I'm guessing Medium. Any chance for red-quilt-liner Vanson Chopper in that size in the near future? If not, does it have to be a one-off/special order? How long does such orders take? Perhaps I'll just contact you in person. Thanks and looking forward to more drool-worthy pics from you :)

If you're a true 40 or 42, the size Small might be the right size for you (the Choppers run a tad big). We would need your height, weight, chest size, and waist size to determine what size is best for you in the Vanson Chopper. However, if it turns out you do need a Medium and want the red quilted liner, we could order that for you and it would be to you in approximately eight weeks.

Hi Carrie,
Do you guys do the Vanson chain wallets? I've found a couple on the net, but they won't post to Oz...

We don't carry these...

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
This Vanson Model B Deluxe is a great fit on its new owner who came to visit us from Portland, OR!

IMG_20131110_132937_052-1copy_zps12b3b76c.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Does look rather fine (though I'd prefer to more a petrol blue, myself). Given a bit of a kicking, it could take on a really nice character.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Yes, it is Wade. He is about 190 lbs. with a 42" chest, if I remember correctly.

Hi Peacoat,

Wade's 6'1" and 205 lbs. with a 42" chest, which is a good reference for customers who are looking at our websites and photos.

I wanted to post photos up today of four great cafe' racers. One is our oldest style (designed with Vanson when we first opened our shop) while the other three are quite new...

The Vanson PLU-3 is the cafe' racer that our shop has carried the longest...a classic!

VansonPLU-3Front11_zps8f1508d6.jpg

VansonPLU-3tagdetail11_zps4328896a.jpg

Our new Thedi cafe' racers are the slimmest cafe' racers that we carry and look amazing in horsehide!

ThediMCT1260FrontFinal_zps4b0e8132.jpg

ThediCafeRacerTagShot_zps7f0d6251.jpg

The new Aero Two-Tone Sonoma racer is definitely going to be a new favorite! The jacket is done in Horween C/X Black Steerhide with Napa Valley Full Grain Chrome-Tanned White accents...

AeroTwoToneCafeRacerFront_zps701d3c47.jpg

AeroTwoToneTag_zps2794696a.jpg

The Aero Fontana Racer is an amazing cafe' racer...look at that "no-action" back and liner!!!

AeroFontataRacerFrontFinal_zpse2bf2fdf.jpg

AeroFontanaRacerBackFinal12_zps5b676da5.jpg

AeroFontanaRacerTagFinal_zps8075e8c6.jpg

Last edited:

reeks1

One of the Regulars
Carrie,
A few quick questions.

Does Aero still do the corduroy bottom hem? I'd be interested in that on whatever jacket I choose.
Thanks!!

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Don't forget to pick up an ACE Style No. 900 Belt with your next Vanson, Aero, Pacific Cycle Leathers, Thedi, or vintage jacket purchase! These belts are outstanding and a steal at $139.99 USD! We have sizes 32 through 42 in stock!

AceBelts_zpsa549a214.jpg

Picked up my ordered ACE Belt from local post office today. In fact, very nice item! 1st-class customer service from http://www.thurston-bros.com/

Thanks again Carrie!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie,
A few quick questions.

Does Aero still do the corduroy bottom hem? I'd be interested in that on whatever jacket I choose.
Thanks!!

Absolutely, this is an option...

Picked up my ordered ACE Belt from local post office today. In fact, very nice item! 1st-class customer service from http://www.thurston-bros.com/

Thanks again Carrie!

We're glad you like the belt...the ACE belts are incredible!

We still have 9 spots open for December Aero Production! Order today and have your new, custom Aero by late December / early January!

AeroSheeneTag_zpsdabcb36c.jpg

reeks1

One of the Regulars
New Aero fit jackets(size 38 cafe racer; 38 Half Belt)came in. Pics to follow. Initial impressions now, because I'm all fired up. These things are really, really nice.

Cafe: I can barely get in and out of it. Literally. I felt like Houdini wriggling around. I just don't think the cut/style is for me. I guess that rules out the Sheene for me as well. I assume it will loosen up some as the jacket breaks in, but I don't really don't want to struggle with an article of clothing. The black FQHH is gorgeous, though. Wow.

Half-Belt: a brown FQHH sunburst was sent. This jacket is just amazing. I wish I felt comfortable with the design on the back, because it is just an fantastic example of build quality and craftsmanship, but alas I don't. This jacket is snug and "feels" as if it fits perfectly. Some room for a thin layer, maybe a cashmere sweater. Pics will tell, I know. Plus, I can't see the back.
Love the buckle sleeves. Definitely going with that style, so long as it's available on a "normal" HB. I think you gents might tell me to add some length to the sleeves, though. They're hitting at the top of my thumb now.
The brown FQHH is just ridiculously nice. I can't even imagine how the stuff will age.

This one doesn't have the corduroy section along the bottom. I'm going to add that.
Alright, enough. I know a picture is worth.....
Thanks for your time.
Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou