Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To the bald

mysterygal said:
I really don't think you would get very many comments about it, but you could go with a goatee....I personally like them over beards

Aw, c'mon, I got the beard now I am going to enjoy it. :p I know goatees are more in now but I want to be different. I could grow a goatee in a week. A beard? Well that takes longer. I suppose it has more to do with commitment. ;) :cool:

Regards,

J

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
I've been slowly receeding for some time. I always thought it looked kinda cool. But the past handful of years I've been starting to develop the "monk spot." Oh, well. My brother was pretty thin at 18, and I outlasted him well over a decade. I try to keep my hair short so the balding "looks good.":rolleyes: Funny thing is that for Halloween a couple of years ago, my wife and I dressed up as two of our friends. Since he was bald, I got a bald cap for it. I have to say that when the time comes for me to lose it all, I'm not too worried; I think I'll look pretty good! Besides, then I won't have to worry about my hair affecting my hat size!:cool:

bink

Hondo

One Too Many
Dashingemt said:
I think the people who embrace it have a natural personality. The ones who try to avoid it are deep down insecure and its like a circle of no confidence. "oh god Im going bald, gotta try to hide it" "hes trying to hide hes bald I bet he has no confidence Im not going to talk to him" "no ones talking to me, I gotta try harder to hide my baldness" "Look how hard hes trying to hide hes going bald...he must be a wuss" and the circle goes on and on and on. and who needs hair when you got a killer hat :cool2:

You krack me up dude lol
but Thats very true, confidence, builds character:cool2:
Killer hat as well :cheers1:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Shaved head - not by me!

Why shave when it falls off after some years:)
foto_mission.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Am I alone in this?

I think cueball heads make men look nasty. Not ugly nasty (unless you have little pig eyes and a roll neck), but skinhead, supervillain, leather-freak nasty. I see a cueball cuddling some cute young thing with flowing hair and I wanna go kick a lamppost or something. YMMV.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
People are attracted to all types of people. I think we need to look at the reason why we are. Being attracted to a fella, but not giving him a chance is different than being attracted to a fella who just happens to be bald.

I know girls who have check lists on looks alone. Sure we all are attracted to traits, but weather a gen has a full head of hair or not is 100% workable if hes a great fella.

People have deal brakers on the most fleeting of things with people. *sigh* I wish we could develop past that, just a little :rolleyes:

LD

IlsaLund

One of the Regulars
farnham54 said:
The second time, my students needed a stress-buster, so I said "Lets shave my head" at about 3 am--they loved it. Gave me a Faux-hawk, a Mohawk, and all kinds of neat stuff before the night was through.

Craig, that is AWESOME of you to do! It sort of surprises me that people get so bent out of shape about the 'do. Worst case, it will grow back, right?

:eusa_clap
-IL

IlsaLund

One of the Regulars
I'm not bald, but I've been seriously considering buzzing my hair. I've joined the service and I'm leaving in February, and my hair is such a disaster if I don't use some sort of product on it... a buzz is such easy maintenance, too. I'm just worried about losing my femininity in the eyes of the opposite sex. :eusa_doh:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
IlsaLund said:
What do you think about bald women?

My dear, What is there to think about. I have been bald for a century and I certainly don't waste time thinking about it. (Nothing you can do about it either.) Charm, personallity, love.... everything.! It's NOT in the hair.
I do not love hair. I love people. Especially women:D With or without hair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit