Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonyb.....hatter and a gentleman

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
HT and cw3pa, I can't believe I missed these! They are really really awesome.

BJ, can't wait to see yours.

What's tonyb's turnaround time these days?

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Not much time this evening, but my new Tumwater showed up today, I’m very pleased with it so I wanted to share a few pics quickly. 19 linge Nu-Khaki ribbon, 2 1/8 brim with edge stitching, 6” crown or so. I’ll post some more pics tomorrow or Friday. Hat still has a couple of wet spots from the steamer and I didn’t brush it, but I’m on my way out the door.
FLFBDSCF1997_zpsa87a344d.jpg
FLDSCF1992_zps3e2eb3e0.jpg

Definitely no need to trim the brim on this one. As to turnaround time I think I got on the list around the end of January.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Thanks for the comments gents, Tony came up with a nice hat. Spent some time reworking my quick initial crease late last night because, let’s face it, there is only one style I really like for myself, the boxy style. After seeing all the great hats in this thread, I knew I wanted my first custom to be Tumwater, and I’m immensely pleased with the results. I really like the results of the edge stitching. Gives it the interest of an underwelt without the heft. I like the feel of the leather sweatband. For a guy who likes hats, just having something sitting on my head often annoys me, so it’s important for it to be as comfortable as possible. This one fits the bill. It was a real pleasure to work with Tony. I knew what I was looking for, but he still presented options that ended up leading to a far better hat than I would have ordered on my own. Now I need to start setting some funds aside to get another.

I never did buy a new camera like I should have, so half the shots turn out blurred or pixilated. These few are OK.

DSCF2002_zps1517fe7a.jpg
DSCF2039_zps03da3687.jpg

DSCF2027_zps81265a4c.jpg
DSCF2032_zpsbc7e8f4a.jpg

Now that I’ve had a triple bow, I don’t know that I could get a hat without one.

Luscombe

New in Town
GEDC1535_zpsd2c6ba25.jpg GEDC1534_zps426620ff.jpg
Tony put this one in the mail to me today. I will get it on Tuesday. It is a loose interpretation of a Whippet. The color is Pecan but the photo does not do it justice.

This is my first Tumwater hat and will not be my last. Tony was great to work with even though we are several thousand miles apart.

Can hardly wait.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yes, very nice indeed, Luscombe. The Pecan felt is a great colour and I know you'll love the way Tony finishes it.

Cool ribbon work too - nice job, Tony!

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
I know I want to put in an order for another in the next few months here, mine is just great. I just can't decide if I want to start replacing my existing hat colors or get something new!

carranty

One of the Regulars
I've just put in an order for my first tumwater. I've been very impressed with the communication from Tony so far, he replies to my emails promptly and is keeping me up to date with what's going on. It'll be a while yet before I get the hat, but I'll be sure to post some pics once I have it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn