Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unusual leather jacket on eBay

Certainly unusual. Seems to blend the German biker jacket with a half belt. The front torso panel is interesting too. I've not seen one like that before but I'm sure I couldn't pull it off

AdeeC

Practically Family
Looks the real deal for an exotic 1930's bike jacket from the continent. The leather looks fantastic to me. Would have been good to have a close up of the hardware. May help better for dating origin. I have a German 1930's jacket and the leather is very similar with almost identical patina. I reckon it is horsehide and of medium or higher weight.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A strong argument for searching this site before asking questions. There is a lot of info (and there are a lot of pictures) about
East/West leather here already. If it had been my size I would not have hesitated.

Cocker

Practically Family
Love the look of this one! Between the back and the three buttons belt, it has something that makes me think of the Rocketeer, even if it has nothing to do with the jacket used in the comics or movie.

Edward

Bartender
Love the look of this one! Between the back and the three buttons belt, it has something that makes me think of the Rocketeer, even if it has nothing to do with the jacket used in the comics or movie.

Based on the small picture I can see (eBay seems to have restricted available images as the auction has ended), I would agree: it's very much of that period. It actually reminds me a lot of the jcket Leo DiCaprio wore in The Aviator. That one was made by Belstaff, but I believe it's an accurate repro of an original pattern from the period. More flamboyant than some of the repop designs currently popular, but still very nice.

@Guppy - if you run a search, you should find a few threads on here relating to East West. They made a lot of jackets in the 60s/70s, with hte occaisonal nod to a 30s style, though often with much more elaboration and a very hippy feel to them. Many of them would be considered..... an acquired taste in these parts, but they still had the occasional gem that would fit in perfectly with a 30s look.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I have the photos saved from the auction... There, just so this thread's not useless once the eBay listing goes away.

Attachments

• $_3 (1).JPG
    $_3 (1).JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 112
  • $_3 (2).JPG
    $_3 (2).JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 89
  • $_3 (3).JPG
    $_3 (3).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 90
  • $_3 (4).JPG
    $_3 (4).JPG