Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Style - A Series of Tips

16_sparrows

Vendor
Right before the holidays last year, I started a series on my blog called "Vintage Style" that gave tips on how to attain...well, a vintage style! I started it up again this year and will continue to add more posts as we get closer to the holidays. A lot of the info I attained from all you lovely ladies here, while other stuff was basic trial and error. Either way, I thought the FL ladies would be interested to peek at these posts, perhaps some of it will be helpful. If there are other ways that you do things, I'd love to hear! Also, if there are things you'd like to me address/write about in the upcoming posts, let me know!

Here's the link to the posts I have so far: http://16sparrows.typepad.com/16sparrows/vintage_style/index.html
So far, they address clothing, underpinnings, make-up and a few tricks at styling.

Next week I'm going to post about how to set-up a vanity space!

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
OH MY!!

I started wearing my undies over my garter belt about a year ago. I felt like a freak doing it...like I was being lazy. But, if I didn't, you're right, it took 20 minutes to detach and re-attach and get put back together.
I'm excited to know that I am quite "normal" doing this.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
pennyseranade said:
I started wearing my undies over my garter belt about a year ago. I felt like a freak doing it...like I was being lazy. But, if I didn't, you're right, it took 20 minutes to detach and re-attach and get put back together.
I'm excited to know that I am quite "normal" doing this.

I do that too - otherwise it's a nightmare lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Just got around to checking this out. Love the instructions on darning stockings. It seems they're incomplete though... do you have the rest of these instructions available?

Don't forget, though, that there are a lot of simple things a gal can to do prevent runs in the first place - like wearing gloves when putting on stockings, applying lotion to your legs and feet first, and not walking in stocking feet.

16_sparrows

Vendor
I just added the newest post today, all about making/building your own vanity!

Amy Jeanne: I love all the glam spam you put up!

Deadpandiva: I got that lipstick tip from FL - I can't believe how well it works.

KittyT: The darning stockings instructions is not my scan, that is on Joeri's Flickr. Perhaps you can ask her if she has the rest of it? If I remember correctly, she had the entire book where those were coming from, she may have even posted more in a thread here.

satindoll: Not at all, that's what blogs are for!

Smuterella

One Too Many
thanks for sharing your blog, I'm moving in with my girlfriend soon and should have just enough space for a vanity - i'm so excited!

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
Very useful! I am now inspired to make a vanity. (As a former makeup artist, I have way too much makeup and it's taking over!)

I'd love a section on manicuring and vintage tips for that. I have trouble getting the sliver left white at the end of the nail. I can do a french manicure, but not that darn sliver!

16_sparrows

Vendor
NoirDame said:
I'd love a section on manicuring and vintage tips for that. I have trouble getting the sliver left white at the end of the nail. I can do a french manicure, but not that darn sliver!

Oh man...I hate painting my nails! I know - very un-vintage. I'll look into info for vintage manicures for a post though - I do have some 1940s hairstylist magazines that have articles on giving a good manicure. I 'm finishing up my master's right now, so it will be a few months before I can do that though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari