Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are The Hottest Leather Jacket Brands of 2021?

Sorry if I'm late for the party, but I was waiting for a jacket to be delivered, and being superstitious, I didn't want to mention it until it arrived safe. It finally did this morning, and it's not just any jacket: it's a Mulholland I spotted on grailed thanks to @Monitor. I'd been looking for one in Europe for some time, and there it was. I got lucky too, didn't pay any taxes. So here's my list for 2021 even though I promised myself I wouldn't buy any this year:
Vanson x 3
Lost worlds 1
Freewheelers 1
Lewis leathers 1, but I sold it immediately (didn't fit)

Y'know, I actually went back to check it again in a day, as I couldn't stop thinking about it (mainly for the reasons you listed) and it was already gone. Figured it must've been someone from TFL as even the good stuff like that tends to stick around a long time on Grailed. I'm glad you got it. Post some pics!

Mandarin

Practically Family
Y'know, I actually went back to check it again in a day, as I couldn't stop thinking about it (mainly for the reasons you listed) and it was already gone. Figured it must've been someone from TFL as even the good stuff like that tends to stick around a long time on Grailed. I'm glad you got it. Post some pics!

I will!

marker2037

Practically Family
Here's my rather small list for 2021:

- Thedi Atlas
- Aero unlined 101J
- Field Leathers Manhattan

I do have a suspicious feeling that I'm going to order something else this year, but I have no solid plans at the moment.

Coriu

One Too Many
We've only had 17 purchase reports so far. Would be nice to have some more so our data is truly reflective of the hottest brands.

Coriu

One Too Many
Here are the Top 12 Hottest Brands so far. Schott, Vanson and Field Leather have moved up since last report.
1. Aero-20
2. Thedi-13 (6 by Marc Mndt)
3. Schott-12
4. Lewis Leathers-11 (6 by Marc Mndt)
5. Vanson-10
6. Ralph Lauren/RRL-8 (7 by Marc Mndt)
7. (tie) Field Leather-7
7. (tie) Five Star-7 (5 by Mr Proper)
7. (tie) Levi's-7 (6 by Marc Mndt)
7. (tie) Sears-7
11. (tie) Cal Leather-5
11. (tie) Harro-5

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I don't think @tmitchell59 took part. Otherwise Sears would be #1 :)

lol

To late to add to the 2020 total, here are a few from 2021.

Sears 8

Taubers 3

California Sportswear 5

Ralphs-Pugh 3

JC Penney 3

Mid Western Sport Togs (deerskin) 4

Thurlow (deerskin) 2

Montgomery Ward 3

Reed Sportswear 1

Harley Davidson 1

Dubable 1

MacGregor 1

No labels 3

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
I'm one of the new guys, but acquired thus far in 2021...as of today...

Aero x3
Himel x1
Schott x1
TRD Leather x1
Custom Coat Co. x1
Field Leather x1 (ordered but not yet in production)
Ocean Drive Leather (Vancouver, BC) x1

Revising my earlier list in this thread to add 2 more purchased...another Schott, and a Thedi...so now:

Aero x3
Himel x1
Schott x2
Thedi x1
TRD Leather x1
Custom Coat Co. x1
Field Leather x1 (ordered but not yet in production)
Ocean Drive Leather (Vancouver, BC) x1

Coriu

One Too Many
This past summer, I took a survey of the brands most prevalent in Loungers' closets. Aero, Schott, Vanson and Thedi made the top 5. But the remaining brand in the top 5 is strangely absent in this survey...Lost Worlds. According to this survey, Loungers did not pursue LW jackets this year. Just curious if that's a coincidence or if there is some solid reasoning behind it. Is LW falling out of favor?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
This past summer, I took a survey of the brands most prevalent in Loungers' closets. Aero, Schott, Vanson and Thedi made the top 5. But the remaining brand in the top 5 is strangely absent in this survey...Lost Worlds. According to this survey, Loungers did not pursue LW jackets this year. Just curious if that's a coincidence or if there is some solid reasoning behind it. Is LW falling out of favor?

I have 14 Lost World Jackets, one bought in the classifieds is in the mail on it's way to me, currently 2 more on order and discussing a possible third project to replace my Field Leathers order.
Not falling out of favour for me, i wear a LW jacket most days.

Seank

A-List Customer
I ordered a LW Suburban jacket a few weeks ago. Got notified it’s in UPS’s hands at the moment….been delayed but Delivery is now scheduled for this coming Monday.

I have 14 Lost World Jackets, one bought in the classifieds is in the mail on it's way to me, currently 2 more on order and discussing a possible third project to replace my Field Leathers order.

My favorite modern maker. If I could only own 1 jacket— LW Trojan. Two? Trojan and LW J23, now called Deerhunter. Special place in my heart.

My favorite modern maker. If I could only own 1 jacket— LW Trojan. Two? Trojan and LW J23, now called Deerhunter. Special place in my heart.

I'm trying to find a reason to object but I cannot. Of all the jackets that I have ever handled, I'd say only LW's are worth every cent.

And I wouldn't want one even if it was a gift!

Okay, then, maybe. . .

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I'm trying to find a reason to object but I cannot. Of all the jackets that I have ever handled, I'd say only LW's are worth every cent.

And I wouldn't want one even if it was a gift!

Okay, then, maybe. . .

Actually i got that wrong, i have more LW than i thought...
I defintely hav ea LW "problem", as @JMax said they are my favourite maker and the one brand i would keep if i had to limit myself to one maker or one jacket. I think that if i had to pic one it owuld be my LT/A in HH.

Leathertogs A Horse Hide
Leathertogs A Grey Moose Hide
Leathertogs B HH
Appalachian HH
J-23 HH
J-23 Black & white HH
J-24 HH
J-24 Grey Moose Hide
J100 HH
Buco rider HH with J-24 stud work
Speed Demon HH (your old one)
CHP HH
Roadhouse HH
Bedford Car Coat Navy HH
Peacoat Evergreen Moose Hide
B2
Ryder vest brown HH (your old one)

On order:

-Ryder Grey Moose Hide
-Trojan dual tone navy and black (ordered in early 2021, waiting for Navy to come in).
-Possible secret new project that you guys might see in the future...

What do you think? Looks to me like LW is definitely falling out of favour...

Coriu

One Too Many
Actually i got that wrong, i have more LW than i thought...
I defintely hav ea LW "problem", as @JMax said they are my favourite maker and the one brand i would keep if i had to limit myself to one maker or one jacket. I think that if i had to pic one it owuld be my LT/A in HH.

Leathertogs A Horse Hide
Leathertogs A Grey Moose Hide
Leathertogs B HH
Appalachian HH
J-23 HH
J-23 Black & white HH
J-24 HH
J-24 Grey Moose Hide
J100 HH
Buco rider HH with J-24 stud work
Speed Demon HH (your old one)
CHP HH
Roadhouse HH
Bedford Car Coat Navy HH
Peacoat Evergreen Moose Hide
B2
Ryder vest brown HH (your old one)

On order:

-Ryder Grey Moose Hide
-Trojan dual tone navy and black (ordered in early 2021, waiting for Navy to come in).
-Possible secret new project that you guys might see in the future...

What do you think? Looks to me like LW is definitely falling out of favour...

The question I posed earlier concerning LW falling out of favour was a question considering the entire community, not just individuals. Without a doubt, they are popular with you LOL. The question is, how many more are there out there like you who did not respond to the survey, which queried Loungers concerning new jacket acquisitions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails