Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Today I am wearing my new homemade American flag necktie.
EhGYeiE.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Lot's of panaché going on! I like the wide waistband flannels.

Are you going to have a lot of garments refitted? You did great on losing weight.
(Reminds me that I should get into better shape... some of my lovelier suits are getting a bit tight in recent months.)

Once my exam phase is over I will get back to you on the large suits I still have.

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
Say, I recognize some of those places in your pics TT! ;) Narragansett I spy, as well as Faneuil Hall with the Body Worlds banner (don't know if you went to the exhibit while you were there, but I've been to the one there [as well as a couple others] and they never fail to amaze and disgust me.)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
No, I didn't see the exhibition. I was just marvelling over how much lobster is for sale in the market there!

Narrangansett is an odd town. We noticed there was nothing old there apart from that stone building and a few houses. Then we heard about the fire that destroyed the entire town in the 1920s(?).

P.S. Did you visit 'The Lady Next Door' yet?

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Great looks TT. Love the color combos. Always good to be reminded that classically good dressing needn't always mean "suit + tie." Hope the northeast treated you well!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Cheers Patrick. I think it was the first time for years that I'd gone for two weeks without wearing a tie. Mind you, it's always nice to have the chance to wear a neckerchief.

And yes, the northeast treated me very well, thank you. It might have something to do with the amount of good quality seafood we were consuming! Raw clams, stuffed clams and endless lobster: what's not to like?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
..and where did you find those tortoiseshell sunglasses? They are excellent.

They were from Marks & Spencer in their sale last year ... £10. A real bargain.

Here's a couple of recent outfit, both showing a favourite jacket - an early thirties German jacket that came to me from Fastuni:

pink-tie_zpse987de78.jpg

blue-shirt_zps504f3512.jpg

Last edited:

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
@TT: I had not heard of a fire that destroyed Narragansett - then again, I rarely visit Narragansett. My uncle would know all about that, though, I should ask him next time I see him. And haven't gone yet - I'll letcha know when I do. :) Also, that first tie in your last post (Superba Sugar and Spice line?) has to be one of the best ties I've ever seen. I'm in love.

Okay, so this picture might need a bit of context. So Gary K .Wolf, the author who created and wrote the Roger Rabbit books (on which the film Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was based, of course!) recently hosted a contest online and what ho! I won the grand prize (you had to write what Roger and Jessica Rabbit would go to a costume party dressed as) - so he asked me to photograph myself with the prizes so he could post it on his Facebook. So that's why I'm posed with the goodies I'm posed with. 1930's sportcoat, late 1920's fedora and I thought I'd wear a 1940's belly-warmer to channel the spirit of Eddie Valiant. :)

forgarywolf3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart