Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

MissS

A-List Customer
I stayed in bed for way to long this morning, so I'm in head to toe black...

Black satin shirt
Plain silver cufflinks
Black high waisted pencil skirt with belt
Black stockings
Black heels
Pearls
Bit of colour with Mac Miss Dish lippie
Hair in french roll with 2 deep pink frangipanis

VisforVictory

New in Town
It's linen suit time once more on the streets of New York! I'm a photographer for the Daily News, and dress the part when I work.

We had a pretty tragic murder-suicide over the weekend; this was me at the latter half of the story, midnight on Sunday, in the Financial District.

That's a 1930s King Sol flash reflector in my pocket; flash bulbs do a better job of lighting up dark streets than modern strobes can. I use them on jobs like that from time to time.

marc100centrebw.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Slim Portly said:
D, you continue to have a face! This is great news for all parties involved.

I know, I was sad that the clothes wasn't enough for the people, so now I try poses where I dont have to stare directly into the camera.. when those poses run out, it is back to being a headless horseman.. woman.. you know what I mean!

MissS

A-List Customer
*blush* Thank you babe! You must get one - it always makes me feel quite...coy...when I wear it. And I always catch a few winks from the gents!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
MissS said:
*blush* Thank you babe! You must get one - it always makes me feel quite...coy...when I wear it. And I always catch a few winks from the gents!

I'll bet! Now.. the hunt is on for a ladylike hat with netting.. If you have seen any on the web recently, drop me a pm!

TessTrueheart

Retrogirl1941, you look lovely. What a sweet dress!

Today I continue yesterdays theme:

blue pencil skirt
white shirt
loafers
hair in mini bun with white fabric flower (I think it's supposed to be a camelia)
glasses, pearls, mascara
and loads of sunscreen.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
TessTrueheart said:
Retrogirl1941, you look lovely. What a sweet dress!

Today I continue yesterdays theme:

blue pencil skirt
white shirt
loafers
hair in mini bun with white fabric flower (I think it's supposed to be a camelia)
glasses, pearls, mascara
and loads of sunscreen.

Thank you Tess! I was feeling really girly yesterday!(not a common thing for me)

Samantha

lyburnum

Practically Family
I'm not totally convinced by todays outfit. I like the dress and the shoes, but I'm not sure the hair and makeup really goes - perhaps a little too harsh for such a girly dress? This may seem like a Powder Room topic, but personally I think hair and makeup are just as important in the construction of an outfit as the clothes, because if the hair and makeup aren't right no matter how nice the dress is, the outfit won't quite work.

IMG_1084.jpg

P.S. Please excuse my messy room/mirror.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
I'm not totally convinced by todays outfit. I like the dress and the shoes, but I'm not sure the hair and makeup really goes - perhaps a little too harsh for such a girly dress? This may seem like a Powder Room topic, but personally I think hair and makeup are just as important in the construction of an outfit as the clothes, because if the hair and makeup aren't right no matter how nice the dress is, the outfit won't quite work.

IMG_1084.jpg

P.S. Please excuse my messy room/mirror.

You look lovely Lyburnum. I don't think that your make up is at all too harsh as there is a lot of colour in the dress and your red lippy compliments it well.

PS are those the shoes that you won the other day, they are gorgeous!

Panache

A-List Customer
With all this talk of the new Indiana Jones movie...

I had to help out at my son's school this morning and thought the kids might get a kick out of the outfit. I left the whip at home but considering how...high spirited ... some of the children were I could have used it!

DSC05918.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace