Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
To Carlisle Blues...

Your tag line-

and at this point I'm only willing to concede that I may be stumped. I know tons of old songs...

At first I considered it was perhaps from "The Very Thought of You", but uh... no.

Its not from " (I've Got You) Under My Skin" is it? I've now got the music of Frank's recording running in my brain but not all of the words right now....
'I'd sacrifice anything come what might, for the sake of having you near in sight ... I've got you, deep in the heart of me... so deep in my heart that you're really a part of me'

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
Today, I'm wearing a 1940s dress ensemble, with black patent peep toe shoes. No accessories today. On my way out the door to go pick up a 1940s hat from an antique store that I had on hold, with me is my boyfriend of 5 + years.

DSCN1106.jpg

DSCN1109.jpg

DSCN1112.jpg

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
chanteuseCarey said:
Your tag line-

and at this point I'm only willing to concede that I may be stumped. I know tons of old songs...

At first I considered it was perhaps from "The Very Thought of You", but uh... no.

Its not from " (I've Got You) Under My Skin" is it? I've now got the music of Frank's recording running in my brain but not all of the words right now....
'I'd sacrifice anything come what might, for the sake of having you near in sight ... I've got you, deep in the heart of me... so deep in my heart that you're really a part of me'

My tag lines are inspired by one of the most beautiful spirits I have ever met. I simply delight in just thinking about her. ;) ;)

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Three-piece hound's-tooth, brown/brown saddle shoes, brown/green/yellow speckled socks, green patterned tie, my grandfather's spectacles, and Beaver Brand derby. The picture on the left with the jacket on isn't flattering for the jacket. It does have a somewhat exagerated silhouette, as can be seen in the next picture down.

DSC05031-CROP.jpg

DSC05036-CROP.jpg

DSC05034-CROP.jpg

A very interesting collection of colors in the pattern: off white background with black, grey, green, and blue threads.

DSC05045-CROP.jpg

The bits and bobs, clockwise from upper left: gold tone wrap-around mesh cuff links with tiger eye insets, gold tone mesh tie bar, grey silk pocket square, cheap Chinese pocket watch, antique cigar cutter fob, double Albert chain, Victorian sovereign holder with "To Hanover" token (c. 1837-71), calling card/cigarello holder (perfectly sized for a half dozen or so Al Capone Cognac Sweets).

DSC05040-CROP.jpg

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
Slim Portly said:
Three-piece hound's-tooth, brown/brown saddle shoes, brown/green/yellow speckled socks, green patterned tie, my grandfather's spectacles, and Beaver Brand derby. The picture on the left with the jacket on isn't flattering for the jacket. It does have a somewhat exagerated silhouette, as can be seen in the next picture down.

The bits and bobs, clockwise from upper left: gold tone wrap-around mesh cuff links with tiger eye insets, gold tone mesh tie bar, grey silk pocket square, cheap Chinese pocket watch, antique cigar cutter fob, double Albert chain, Victorian sovereign holder with "To Hanover" token (c. 1837-71), calling card/cigarello holder (perfectly sized for a half dozen or so Al Capone Cognac Sweets).

You look so handsome, Slim--and it's fun to see the "bits and bobs"! :)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
1940s Salvation Army suit. I have altered the trousers by sacrificing the cuff and adding a wide faux cuff in its stead.

Don't mind the poor quality photos, they were rather quick.

me109.jpg

me110.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Dinner party outfit (although the hat was protecting the heair from the weather, but I loved it on).

I seem to be in a red phase at the moment.. Red dress from Toprunway, black suede shoes from Zara, which I had to get to get a shot of, since I feel they exude vintage with the slightly round but still pointy nose, hidden platform that makes the shoe appear more round.. It doesn't show on pics sadly. Hat from gucci.

DSCN0424.jpg
DSCN0416.jpg

MarkL

One of the Regulars
What a derby!

Slim,

I love that derby on you and also all of the classy accoutrements. You look great...but then, that's nothing new!!! <smile>

Mark

Slim Portly said:

DSC05031-CROP.jpg

DSC05036-CROP.jpg

DSC05034-CROP.jpg

A very interesting collection of colors in the pattern: off white background with black, grey, green, and blue threads.

DSC05045-CROP.jpg

DSC05040-CROP.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Mark and everyone else - thank you very kindly. Remember, almost without exception the pictures that I post here are taken at the very end of a long day. I'm up and dressed between 4:00 and 4:30 am, at the office for eleven hours, and when you throw in the commute and any errands that I may run, the clothes are on for a good 13 to 15 hours before I take the pictures. When I look at these pictures I only see how tired and rumpled the clothes (and I) look. The comments here are truly appreciated.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
That's the real story, Slim? I thought you just liked things a little loose for the added mobility--never woulda guessed I was seeing "Postgame"!
Well... for the sake of full disclosure, let's just say it's a bit of both. ;)

Darhling, two words:

Out

Standing!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Great pictures everybody! :eusa_clap

On my part I apologize for being perhaps a bit too casual, and not dressing vintage as much as i would like to...
But anyway,today i am wearing the same than in this photo taken some time ago.

IMG_3622.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
WOW!!!

Thunder....:eusa_clap

deco_darling (and her dude's trousers). :eusa_clap

Darhling.............:eusa_clap

HadleyH..................
inlove.gif

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hadley very chic, vintage who needs vintage, you are such a classic beauty. You make the clothes they do not make you. ;)

If it's ok I would like to join your club. Do I meet the dress code??[huh]

Blackshirt.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Thank you boys!

No pics today because I am too lazy/the battery is in the charger

White sailor shorts with brassbuttons.
red/white striped shirt with boatneck.
dark blue wedges.

.. actually my outfit is in my avatar!! :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads