Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

metropd

One Too Many
avedwards said:
I rarely post here because I always rely on someone else having taken the picture. Last Saturday someone did though (a random person at a zombie walk :D). I didn't actually become a zombie but I just randomly tagged along as some friends of mine were dressed up.

26428_10150099868870184_576405183_1.jpg

Dressing comparatively casually, but by chance I'm wearing some of the few items I own which are actually vintage.

-Akubra Federation IV standard in moonstone
-navy rayon Tootal scarf with red and light blue square pattern (50s I think)
-dark grey Austrian loden overcoat (not sure of age but it's at least 20 years old)
-Mark VII gas mask bag (date reads 1941)
-grey flannel trousers
-black brogues
-jacket from a 40s DB navy pinstripe suit purchased from Baron Kurtz (no pictures unfortunately)

My shoes and trousers started the day clean but look slightly dirty here because a person applying zombie makeup spilled fake blood on them.

This is your best look yet. Now you look like an English gentleman.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
metropd said:
This is your best look yet. Now you look like an English gentleman.
Thank you very much old chap. I can occaisionally look elegant when I wear my new DB suit from the Baron, or the one three piece suit I have or even the tweed jacket I decided to try with a colourful waistcoat. It just happens that whenever I wear something which I actually feel looks elegant no one is around to take a picture or I look terrible.

sproily

Practically Family
Chasseur said:
My attempt at a 1940-50s "Hollywood" look for a fund raising dinner last night:
My new RLPL houndstooth sportcoat (look at those roped shoulders!), Jos Banks trousers, custom made spectators, HMS shirt, vintage 1950s tie and Art Fawcett Monticristi.

383864239.jpg

Love this look on you. You captured what you were going for perfectly! Congrats!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I don't often post here, but here's my outfit for today.

Red/black plaid vintage 1950s cotton day dress with belt, black Express cardigan, late 1940s Tissot men's black wristwatch, 1940s black bakelite necklace, and Ferragamo Boutique black alligator flats (modern, not pictured).

28we4v4.jpg

Also, I apologize for the background - I know, I'm one of "those" people! But I was in my bathroom getting ready and snapped the pic on my Blackberry before rushing out the door to work.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Not true vintage, but definitely vintage inspired! Pulling this old thing out of the closet just the other day to check the fit and see if any alterations or repairs need to get made. Have worn it on several occasions since purchasing getting it at Nordstrom in early 2003. Worn to the Feb 2009 concert of the CA Pops Orchestra, and for performing on mic Ella's cover of "Night and Day" for the Cubberly ballroom dancers in Palo Alto in 2008. This pic was taken in early Aug 2008, before I discovered Pilates, so I look a little bit thicker in the torso than I am now. This dress is probably what I'll be wearing to the ADSC's Art Deco Ball this May in SF:
384006538.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
Not true vintage, but definitely vintage inspired! Pulling this old thing out of the closet just the other day to check the fit and see if any alterations or repairs need to get made. Have worn it on several occasions since purchasing getting it at Nordstrom in early 2003. Worn to the Feb 2009 concert of the CA Pops Orchestra, and for performing on mic Ella's cover of "Night and Day" for the Cubberly ballroom dancers in Palo Alto in 2008. This pic was taken in early Aug 2008, before I discovered Pilates, so I look a little bit thicker in the torso than I am now. This dress is probably what I'll be wearing to the ADSC's Art Deco Ball this May in SF:
384006538.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!;)

December

One of the Regulars
Purists may not want to read any further!!

I wore this out to the cinema the other day. Obviously, it's not real vintage at all (apart from the cardigan) but I thought it looked cute in a modern-does-vintage way.

This was AFTER I got in- I promise the hole in my tights wasn't there when I put them on!

DSCF4628.jpg

Excuse the bedsheet!!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
sproily said:
Wore this to the vintage fair in Helsinki, I'm on the right
DSC_2571.jpg

Wow. Great look(s) as always. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I really wish we had something like that fair here in Berlin but this g*****n place is mostly so consumed with being hip and trendy and whatever that I just can't see it come to happen. :mad:

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Wow. Great look(s) as always. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I really wish we had something like that fair here in Berlin but this g*****n place is mostly so consumed with being hip and trendy and whatever that I just can't see it come to happen. :mad:

I'd say you're doing pretty well. :)

sproily

Practically Family
Nice color matching Mario :)

I bought a 30's suit, 30's brown shoes and a 30's-40's tie.

The suit's being modified and shoes at the cobblers. You'll see them soon enough :)

Today:

Some goofy statures and faces, beware
todayeh1.jpg

todayeh2.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
sproily said:
Nice color matching Mario :)

I bought a 30's suit, 30's brown shoes and a 30's-40's tie.

The suit's being modified and shoes at the cobblers. You'll see them soon enough :)

Today:

Some goofy statures and faces, beware
todayeh1.jpg

todayeh2.jpg

Goofy or not, you still look the epitome of the Golden Era gentleman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff