Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
P1040642.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Today and yesterday I wore this, whilst teaching my knitted bat how to tell the time:
25702_1386732116628_1481806055_3105.jpg

Usually I crop pictures so that only I am visible as not everyone will like their image being put on the internet, but Lucifer (the bat) didn't mind me including him in the image :D.

-Moonstone Federation
-black pinstriped suit (handed down, probably early 60s), it's difficult to photograph as the pinstripes are so close together so it usually just appears dark grey on photos
-dark red 50s cravat
-modern pocket watch with a vintage chain (at least it came from an antique shop)
-grey shirt with as pointed a collar as I could find

The look is based on (or stolen from) a certain mysterious looking Berlin lounger's liking for the black/grey/red combination.

billyspew

One Too Many
avedwards said:
Today and yesterday I wore this, whilst teaching my knitted bat how to tell the time:

Usually I crop pictures so that only I am visible as not everyone will like their image being put on the internet, but Lucifer (the bat) didn't mind me including him in the image :D.

-Moonstone Federation
-black pinstriped suit (handed down, probably early 60s), it's difficult to photograph as the pinstripes are so close together so it usually just appears dark grey on photos
-dark red 50s cravat
-modern pocket watch with a vintage chain (at least it came from an antique shop)
-grey shirt with as pointed a collar as I could find

The look is based on (or stolen from) a certain mysterious looking Berlin lounger's liking for the black/grey/red combination.

That Fed has made all the difference in your look! Funny how something so small can do that. Well done!

LordBest

Practically Family
Spent a lazy day in pyjamas, dressing gown and fez today, after being incapacitated after an attempted poisoning by an elderly and bitter green bean (which goes to show that vegetables really are not good for you.)

Edit: I m not responsible for any psychological scarring, but here is a picture:
LoungingChap.jpg

Edward

Bartender
LordBest said:
Spent a lazy day in pyjamas, dressing gown and fez today, after being incapacitated after an attempted poisoning by an elderly and bitter green bean (which goes to show that vegetables really are not good for you.)

Ouch.... My experiences with food poisoning were occasioned by chicken (severe, and very painful) and a somewhat elderly Swiss roll (less severe, still unpleasant). Never pleasant. At least you kow how to recuperate in style!

Following Friday's sartorial high (uhm.... yeah) - pictorial evidence to come from our London Lounger's unofficial get together - I spent most of the weekend also in my pjs, and asleep or in some stage of insomnia. Today sees me in russett leather shoes (leather, with a stamped crocodile-skin effect), fairly wide-legged, tan trousers with good high waist and cuffs (a modern creation, though with, I think, a fairly late forties cut), tattersall check shirt underneath a Fair Isle-style long-sleeved sweater (again, a modern creation but late forties in style). Outerwear comprises an Eastman A2 (seal, with red knits and a AAF decal on the left shoulder, Roughwear Contract 27752) and a modern fedora in moonstone, different manufacturer but very similar to an Akubra Stylemaster, bound edge brim and all. More a fifties style hat but it works.

Oh..... and I got an Indiana Jones comment as well. lol

cherry lips said:
I don't have a camera (oh woe is me!), but my friend Gustav took pics of me Friday night:

fed4-1.jpg

Nice Squier Jagmaster - is that yours or Gustav's? I'd have killed for one of those - and in that blue sparkle, too! - back in 1997, but I could never find a left handed one. Now they change hands for more than they cost new, right or left handed.

Jirina

New in Town
Hello for a long time!

There's my past Saturdays outfit. All pieces of clothing are from the 1940's, except the stockings are from the 1960's :)

max_4b9cfbd177164.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
Nice Squier Jagmaster - is that yours or Gustav's? I'd have killed for one of those - and in that blue sparkle, too! - back in 1997, but I could never find a left handed one. Now they change hands for more than they cost new, right or left handed.
Hahaha, the guitar gets compliments but I don't! I do agree it's a looker though. It belongs to Gustav.
Thanks Spitfire, I miss you and the girls!
Jirina, you're so perfect you almost look unreal.
kools, it's always a pleasure to see your pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff