Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Maguire

Practically Family
I just started a new job doing doorman type work/half janitor work so i usually get stuck in a tacky, polyester uniform but i did manage to get a new suit i've had an eye on for some time- a light blue irish linen two button.

I'm pleased with it. The tie here is a vintage tie as well.

DSCF2546.jpg

DSCF2545.jpg

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
If you want to be easy on yourself, you could find a Kodachrome Photoshop filter - there has to be one or at least somewhere in that search an easy answer to creating the look. :) Lovely composition on your photos too!
Mario said:
Thanks! I'm using a very cheap and old Samsung camera. It's really bad, especially in the shadows and midtones, so that I have to do a lot of postprocessing in Photoshop to get the best out of it. At the moment I'm experimenting with methods to emulate the vintage Kodachrome look, but that's really some kind of rocket science.

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
Mario said:
Thanks! I'm using a very cheap and old Samsung camera. It's really bad, especially in the shadows and midtones, so that I have to do a lot of postprocessing in Photoshop to get the best out of it. At the moment I'm experimenting with methods to emulate the vintage Kodachrome look, but that's really some kind of rocket science.

Mario,

excellent... your photos are a perfect example for the difference between "snapshots" (in German: "Knipsen") and "photography" - and that it is the photographer and not the camera who creates the picture. An expensive Hasselblad camera could not outweigh a lack of creative vision and composition in the photographers mind.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
NancyLouise said:
If you want to be easy on yourself, you could find a Kodachrome Photoshop filter - there has to be one or at least somewhere in that search an easy answer to creating the look. :) Lovely composition on your photos too!

Thank you! :)

:eek:fftopic:
Yes, I know that there is a PS plugin called Exposure (developed by Alien Skin) that can get part of the job done, but even with this tool you'd still need to do a lot of work by hand. Plus, most of the available tools only manage to emulate the K-14 process, that is Kodachrome 25, 40, 64 and 200. All those film stocks started life in 1974 or even later (often showing a blueish tint in the shadows), whereas I'm going for the look of the original Kodachrome (1936-1962) or the K-11 process (1955-1962). However you tackle the problem, you'll still need to do a lot of work yourself anyway.

Lottie

Familiar Face
Not today, but yesterday actually, before going to a wedding. The dresscode was "Rock n Metal- Keep it big! Black, red and a little bit of white" so for once, a black dress was ok :D
(those weird red spots on my seams are little bows)

IMG_0667.jpg
IMG_0673.jpg

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Lottie said:
Not today, but yesterday actually, before going to a wedding. The dresscode was "Rock n Metal- Keep it big! Black, red and a little bit of white" so for once, a black dress was ok :D

IMG_0667.jpg
IMG_0673.jpg

Great dress but even better are those seams!!! You look fabulous.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Lottie said:

IMG_0667.jpg
IMG_0673.jpg

Is that a Top Runway dress?

Marla

A-List Customer
4891701658_362d1859f8_z.jpg

Early 1930s silk crepe dress

I thought I would commemorate its last outing before I retire it. It's almost too fragile to be worn.

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
A little :eek:fftopic: again, but maybe you could find an old Kodachrome picture from this period that you really like (good lighting, someone wearing a color you like or someone with a similar skin tone) and then try to approximately copy the colors they are wearing and the prominent colors in the photo then doing a side by side in photoshop, tweaking the photo until you match up the colors. Maybe it would provide some enlightenment? Also, Kodak has a pretty good history of providing tightly grained films and from what I've seen a lot of Kodachrome photos weren't very grainy unless it was a dark setting. Maybe this will help? (Couldn't help but comment, I'm a little bit of enamored with photography and very pro film.)

Mario said:
Thank you! :)

:eek:fftopic:
Yes, I know that there is a PS plugin called Exposure (developed by Alien Skin) that can get part of the job done, but even with this tool you'd still need to do a lot of work by hand. Plus, most of the available tools only manage to emulate the K-14 process, that is Kodachrome 25, 40, 64 and 200. All those film stocks started life in 1974 or even later (often showing a blueish tint in the shadows), whereas I'm going for the look of the original Kodachrome (1936-1962) or the K-11 process (1955-1962). However you tackle the problem, you'll still need to do a lot of work yourself anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou