Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Granny Heels such as this were all the rage in 1970 Uk, mixed with Hot pants, and a Maxi (Floor length) military style over coat, Jannie you fantabuloso, the hair and pearls are perfect and not overdone, you look perfectly dressed for a long weekend in the country ....:eusa_clapA+

Flicka

One Too Many
Unflattering...??? You look fantastic..!!!

Thank you! I think I look like I have no waist and two chins to make up for it. :) Plus I look like I have an attitude problem for some reason...

I would never have spotted those as an anachronism.... what is it puts them "out of date" - heel height? Either way, I think they look great. :)

Since I was going for a '30s look, the heels should be 1-2''. Instead they're more like 5'' (and have platform soles), so they look like '30s shoes on steroids. I don't care though, I love them!

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
My Resistol Conversion and....

....a mint condition Eisenhower Jacket that is rare in my size!

120214-125001.jpg

431208_1948701853641_1725447886_957396_1064002542_n.jpg

~Erik

Last edited:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
For this Valentine's Day evening with my sweetheart- other than wearing my vintage furs with modern gowns, I realized this morning that since we met, my guy has never seen me actually decked out in my vintage garb. Sooo, I decided to pull out some vintage and vintage inspired pieces to wear tonight. We're making dinner at his house, then out to a Social Ballroom dance series class we've been taking. In the true spirit of the Golden Era, we'll be dancing foxtrot and cha cha!

The vintage pieces; I've got a fabulous straw tilt hat with written provenance of April 18, 1941, a stone marten fur stole (I call them my four furry friends), a 40's ivory rayon trapunto detailed with halo buttons blazer, beige pearl edged wrist length gloves, 40s AO eyeglasses, goldtone clip earrings, taupe lace up 40s shoes, slip, corde' purse.

The vintage-inspired pieces; lipstick pink 40s-ish style silk blouse, and a long Ralph Lauren beige wool gored skirt, repro underpinnings.

I'll be quite the vintage sight when he opens the door of his 1941-built house to greet me! Can't wait! Hopefully, I can get my dd to take a picture for me before I leave to go up to his house.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Since I was going for a '30s look, the heels should be 1-2''. Instead they're more like 5'' (and have platform soles), so they look like '30s shoes on steroids. I don't care though, I love them!

Ah! No, they look great. Personally, I love the occasional exaggerated detail. And unless you're at a total immersion event, I don't think it matters, really. Someone would have to be a seriously unclassy ass to find fault in that, at least, IMO.

These were all taken over the past couple of weeks, not quite sure exactly which days:

IMAG0906.jpg
IMAG0910.jpg
IMAG0911.jpg
IMAG0917.jpg
IMAG0918.jpg

This is today:

IMAG0925.jpg

(My, don't I look thrilled to be alive today....).

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
On Saturday I attended A Very Curious Vintage wedding fair to promote my photography business. I made a 'cigarette girl' tray to display my portfolio and cards, leaving my hands free to take pictures. It was great fun!

I am wearing a white suit with a nipped in waist, little hat with a 'Press' sign pinned to it, alligator handbag and suede 40s heels. Here I am on a cigarette break!

DSC_0627.jpg

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many

I was never much of a fan of the irvin jacket, but it suits you perfectly. I think (and this may be my propensity to over-think things) that this is partly down to the way you dressed it up with a tie, and partly the combination of textures and colours, brown sheepskin jacket/blue cardigan/neutral shirt and patterned tie. It's a pleasant contrast.

Same comment for Spitfire, the purple knit makes for a nice contrast against the brown jacket.

Last edited:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
You beat me to it Metatron - really like your style Edward. All though I've never, ever worn a shirt and tie with my Irvin! (Maybe I should try it though?)

And thanks for the compliments, Metatron. :)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
from last night: My fella's house was built in 1941, so I decided to go all out in my vintage and vintage-inspired garb and be his Vintage Valentine from head to toe! His immediate reaction as he opened the front door to me was a very loud and enthusiastic, "WOW! Let me get my camera."

This picture taken by my teenage daughter. The skirt is a tad long for 40s, really more 30s- but no matter. You can't see the V-I silk blouse under the 40s rayon trapunto jacket, with vintage flowers attached but its an exact colour match to the bright pink flowers in the 1941 straw hat.

Sorry for not more of a smile or even looking at the camera, but dd wasn't much interested in taking a picture for me, so I was distracted...

IMG_8067.jpg

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
Miss Tuppence, while I don't subscribe to the 'accurately' vintage style, I'm always impressed by the 'time-warp' quality of your pictures. You are like a walking museum. That doesn't quite sound like a compliment does it...! :eusa_doh: but it is intended as such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic