Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

I'll put it this way...if crazydaisy isn't a professional model..she should be! Especially vintage (for the big money). In my view..always exceptionally pretty and seems to compliment nicely whatever she wears. Plus puts together an outfit like an expert as well.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Once again, here's my typical vintage look, although I should get a haircut.

IMG_0282.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Was out having some photos taken for my upcoming boater article in Zelda Magazine. Here is a behind the scenes shot.

Vintage Japanese straw boater
1920s Shuron windsor glasses
Matt Deckard Apparel Paramount collar shirt
Matt Deckard Apparel Laureate suit
1930s tie
Old collar bar
Old hanky
64988_10150601775928811_642563810_9392228_759555558_n.jpg

Last edited:

Gijoe

A-List Customer
-Lofgren Cap
- E Workers Shirt
- Ralph Lauren Vest
- Cushman Cotton Covert Pants
- Red Wing GT Boots
- Elgin Pocket Watch new revised

Edward

Bartender
Spent a damp Saturday morning at the Hampstead Heath Athletics Track yesterday, taking part in the Ripping Yarns Hopathon, an event organised to promote a new DVD box set.

422406_10150569610177260_555787259_9409792_570011758_n.jpg

427088_10150569609022260_555787259_9409780_1896326203_n.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Well done Shangas...how much did your arms ache? and how long did it take you to learn.?..............I thought I'd mastered it but then last New Years eve after a few sherberts a guy at the event I was at said he'd give me a tenner if I could tie the tie again! I'd undone it as the night was drawing to a close and I'd been dancing rather exhuberantly( and somewhat interestingly I am told)...anyway I never got the tenner!

Edward

Bartender
Great pictures. I love monty python. Good to see (some of) them alive. A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

" Ich fälle Bäume, trag Stöckelschuh, Und Strumpf- und Büstenhalter. Wär gern ein kleines Mädchen So wie mein Onkel Walter."

;)

Ripping Yarns was very much in the same vein - that type of deadpan satire on middle class values, "Boys' Own" type adventure and general silliness that the English do so well. Worth checking out.

We still have five Pythons with us - only dear Graham Chapman has returned to the Earth so far.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer

Got to love a boater being worn at a jaunty angle! Fantastic look!
I personally think more chaps should wear them, though I do understand that they are quite a hard hat (literally!) to wear well!
Which reminds me; I must make or acquire a suitable outfit, so I can wear my Olney boater (school girls type!:() I bought a year or so ago for the princely sum of 25p!
Roll on the summer…

T x

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
" Ich fälle Bäume, trag Stöckelschuh, Und Strumpf- und Büstenhalter. Wär gern ein kleines Mädchen So wie mein Onkel Walter."

;)

Ripping Yarns was very much in the same vein - that type of deadpan satire on middle class values, "Boys' Own" type adventure and general silliness that the English do so well. Worth checking out.
Haha where did you find the german translation? I watch the flying cirvus series in english only but I have seen the full movies in german since I was a kid. I watched them over and over again. It works in german too but of course I prefer the original language now.

The whole chap olympics also has a Monty Python spirit doesn't it? Upperclass twit of the year.

Edward

Bartender
Haha where did you find the german translation? I watch the flying cirvus series in english only but I have seen the full movies in german since I was a kid. I watched them over and over again. It works in german too but of course I prefer the original language now.

It's from the German language version of the song they did in Monty Python's Fliegender Zirkus. They recorded - at the request of a television network over there - two German episodes of the Flying Circus in 1972. The first episode (including the Lumberjack Song) was recorded in German, but due to accent issues, only Cleese and Palin were intelligible to much of the German audience, so the second was recorded in English and then dubbed into German. Naughty Eric Idle later said:

"The Germans came to us and said 'Look, we haven't got a sense of humour, but we understand you do. Can we use yours?'"

English, eh? ;) lol

The whole chap olympics also has a Monty Python spirit doesn't it? Upperclass twit of the year.

Oh, yes - the spirit of Python looms very large in Chappist circles. Ripping Yarns even more so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot