Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

volatile said:
2089203740_ca229bfe9e.jpg

A recent ebay acqusition... a little tight, actually, but I like it nonetheless!

Very, very cool. The shoes (once again) really do it for me. I love the roped shoulders, it gives you great dimension, and the hacking pockets work well.

volatile

A-List Customer
Choeki said:
Looks good on you. I suppose you could claim it's a "Japanese style fit" since that's actually how most Japanese people wear their suits on a daily basis.

Chalk up another entry on my "Reasons to Visit Japan" list, I guess! :)

Thanks!

volatile

A-List Customer
CharlestonBows said:
Very, very cool. The shoes (once again) really do it for me. I love the roped shoulders, it gives you great dimension, and the hacking pockets work well.

Thanks! I've discovered a real love for ticket / hacking pockets recently, and this is my first suit to feature one. Gotta love Ebay, frankly.

Those shoes, leather and canvas spectators, were high street, too. Would you believe it? The shop assistant did tell me I was the only person to have bought a pair for weeks, but that they were in a major high street chain store window was actually quite heartening.

volatile said:
Those shoes, leather and canvas spectators, were high street, too. Would you believe it? The shop assistant did tell me I was the only person to have bought a pair for weeks, but that they were in a major high street chain store window was actually quite heartening.

I've got a pair that is similar, but with black leather. Similar situation -- but if I could find some with a color like that, I'd be all over it!

Dec. 5, 2007

Today was an exam day at law school, so I didn't get much work done at the store. So the set up is a little more casual academic, a little less dressed for the shop.

My favorite Yak hair 2 button sport coat, brown and tan check, by 319.

Green & blue tattersall shirt, 319 Custom.

My Law School's bow tie (Law School club stripe tie, made by another Charleston tie maker, and not to show a bias, but quite possibly one of the worst made bows ever! But it's the school club tie, so I suck it up and wear it. [huh] Whadda do?)

Green merino wool v-neck pullover.

Polo Ralph Lauren trousers, with two forward pleats (unusual for me! Jovan...), wool in a really cool tan herringbone weave.

Not pictured: my favorite shoes of the moment, brown suede loafers.

12-5a.jpg

12-5b.jpg

12-5c.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
scotrace said:
I am SO stealing this idea. :)

IMG_4319.jpg

Yes, indeed. Me, too. Any tips on pulling this off, Mr. Mathis? Where do you obtain your flies?

Even if your photos are sometimes blurry :), you are an inspiration to me sartorially. I hope to visit your shop sometime (and sooner rather than later, since I live in the Green Bay area not all that far away).

At the risk of singling some folks out while failing to note others equally worthy, I must say that Charleston Bows and Alan C. are also inspirations.

Jovan

Suspended
My stepfather visits the Minneapolis/St. Paul area a few times a year to visit his 'rents. I'll have to ask him to bring me on the next trip so I can visit Mr. Mathis' place. (And just the city in general.)

CB: Clearly the next step is for you to have a suit made up with that feature. ;)

Brooksie

One Too Many
CharlestonBows said:
Great shoes -- and what's the detailing on the jacket? I like what I can see...

Thank you so much for the compliment. :) The Jacket detailing is: Twin stitched belts with bows around the body. I am uncertain as to what era this suit is from but it is vintage.

Brooksie

Choeki

Familiar Face
CharlestonBows said:
Today was an exam day at law school, so I didn't get much work done at the store. So the set up is a little more casual academic, a little less dressed for the shop.

My favorite Yak hair 2 button sport coat, brown and tan check, by 319.

Green & blue tattersall shirt, 319 Custom.

My Law School's bow tie (Law School club stripe tie, made by another Charleston tie maker, and not to show a bias, but quite possibly one of the worst made bows ever! But it's the school club tie, so I suck it up and wear it. [huh] Whadda do?)

Green merino wool v-neck pullover.

Polo Ralph Lauren trousers, with two forward pleats (unusual for me! Jovan...), wool in a really cool tan herringbone weave.

Not pictured: my favorite shoes of the moment, brown suede loafers.

12-5a.jpg

12-5b.jpg

12-5c.jpg

I like the ensemble - especially the wool pullover. I'm personally not a big fan of bow ties outside of evening wear, but it definitely makes the outfit in my eyes (especially if it's a uniform item).

BTW, you're looking very Christian Bale in the first photo.

Choeki said:
I like the ensemble - especially the wool pullover. I'm personally not a big fan of bow ties outside of evening wear, but it definitely makes the outfit in my eyes (especially if it's a uniform item).

BTW, you're looking very Christian Bale in the first photo.

Thanks for the compliment.

I must say -- learn to love the bow!*

Brought to you by CharlestonBows.Com... lol lol

Choeki

Familiar Face
Here I am again in my Hart Schaffner & Marx vintage suit with a light gray odd vest and my dark gray fedora. Today I decided to use a linen handkerchief instead of a pocket square since I was wearing a brown tie:

06DEC07-outfit01.jpg

Today also happens to be a brown shoe and silver jewelry day, so I wore a vintage pair of bi-metal Japanese Ground Self-defense Force cufflinks:

06DEC07-outfit02.jpg

I also wore a vintage Seiko 5 series 7S26 movement wristwatch with a navy metallic dial and gold accents:

06DEC07-outfit03.jpg

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Classy! Very nicely put together, Choeki.

My watch that I use for daily wear has a 7S26A movement. Love it, wore it all through basic training and tech school, wouldn't part with it for anything.

Choeki

Familiar Face
The Wingnut said:
Classy! Very nicely put together, Choeki.

My watch that I use for daily wear has a 7S26A movement. Love it, wore it all through basic training and tech school, wouldn't part with it for anything.

Thanks for the compliment!

I've heard people refer to the Seiko 7S26 movement as the "pick-up truck" of watch movements due to its durability and dependability rendered by its innovative use of plastic in a few key components (supposedly a first at the time of the movement's introduction). I only had the 7009 movement watch I inherited from my father before and it kept good time until recently when it went haywire and began to get +5 minutes a day. The overhaul only cost about $60 USD, but I imagine I should be happy that it gave good service uninterrupted for nearly 24 years.

Nevertheless, I just got this particular time piece about two months ago ala' eBay, but it did need a little work since the interior was a bit dirty for some reason (mainly dust and some kind of rust-like stain on the inside of the crystal). Just had to pull the movement out and do a good swabbing of the interior side of the crystal and a few puffs of canned air on the face.

I suppose it's a bit ironic though that I prize analog watches and mechanical movements in general (and have a modest long term collection of them), but ended up wearing a Timex Indiglo digital watch when I was at Ft. Benning for OSUT.

Marty M.

Vendor
Thanks CB.

CharlestonBows said:
Marty, you're just too cool for school! Composition dressing (trouser/coat and waistcoat/tie) = advance maneuvers. Well executed.

And it must have been a slow day to take pics like that! Hahaha lol

Thanks CB. I do appreciate your wisdom. I actually took the pics before I opened the shop. But you're right, it doesn't matter how busy I am, I'll never be busy enough ;) .
Marty

Marty M.

Vendor
I need more Seiko's.

Choeki said:
I also wore a vintage Seiko 5 series 7S26 movement wristwatch with a navy metallic dial and gold accents:

06DEC07-outfit03.jpg

Mr Choeki, you have a very clean and crisp style about you. Your ensembles always looks well thought out but not over done. Bravo to you sir.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Yak'ing all the way......

CharlestonBows said:
12-5a.jpg

Great look CB. I've never felt a Yak hair fabric. We must be short of Yaks in Minnesota :eusa_doh: . I like that the Bow is slightly skewed. Slightly skewed like a true Gentleman.
Marty Mathis

P.S.
I love the Christmas Tree.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Choeki said:
Here I am again in my Hart Schaffner & Marx vintage suit with a light gray odd vest and my dark gray fedora. Today I decided to use a linen handkerchief instead of a pocket square since I was wearing a brown tie:

06DEC07-outfit01.jpg

Today also happens to be a brown shoe and silver jewelry day, so I wore a vintage pair of bi-metal Japanese Ground Self-defense Force cufflinks:

06DEC07-outfit02.jpg

06DEC07-outfit03.jpg

EXCELLENT!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo