Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Tell us more about that Highwayman style jacket!

The Wingnut said:
Decided to ditch the t-shirt and jeans today. That, and it's raining.

05dec07.jpg

Pendelton shirt, MacLachlan fedora, brown ankle boots, cords, Highwayman style jacket.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Sorry to all for going :eek:fftopic:

MartyM.-
Snow,you say? I vaguely remember snow,it's that white powdery stuff that normally sticks to the ground?
Thank you so much for the invite.I'm tempted!:D

RetroBabydoll said:
:eek:fftopic: LOVE the Avatar picture you have
Thank you,that is from our "Naughty" themed Christmas cards years ago.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
The Wingnut said:
Decided to ditch the t-shirt and jeans today. That, and it's raining.

05dec07.jpg

Pendelton shirt, MacLachlan fedora, brown ankle boots, cords, Highwayman style jacket.

I adore this look!

Gentlemen-I have a question.Does anyone know when corduroy trousers came about?

Marty M.

Vendor
Come on up. I'd love to have ya.

Patrick Murtha said:
Yes, indeed. Me, too. Any tips on pulling this off, Mr. Mathis? Where do you obtain your flies?

Even if your photos are sometimes blurry :), you are an inspiration to me sartorially. I hope to visit your shop sometime (and sooner rather than later, since I live in the Green Bay area not all that far away).

At the risk of singling some folks out while failing to note others equally worthy, I must say that Charleston Bows and Alan C. are also inspirations.

Thank you Mr. Murtha for your kind words. I have a local guy tie my flies. When we deliver a custom suit or sport coat, we put one in the lapel hole. Two things to consider if you're thinking about wearing a fly in your lapel: 1/ Your lapel hole can't be completely cut open. Otherwise your fly will just fall out. 2/ Use a barbless hook. Or file down the barb. Good luck.
Oh, a belated welcome to the lounge good sir.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Bring your long johns.

Jovan said:
My stepfather visits the Minneapolis/St. Paul area a few times a year to visit his 'rents. I'll have to ask him to bring me on the next trip so I can visit Mr. Mathis' place. (And just the city in general.)
;)

C'mon up Jovan. It be a pleasure buddy.
Marty

Big Man said:
Corduroy material has been around since (at least) the 1700's.

On point; it was made for, and exclusively worn by, the huntsmen of the King of France. The name 'corduroy' is an anglicised corruption of the french name for the 'king's cloth', or 'cord du roi' (literally, cloth of the king).

Now you have some ammunition for the Christmas parties... ;)

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Yep,hairstylists can wear what we want to work.

Just like Ohairas said.

I'm still feeling the 60s lately.
This is my mod meets mime look.:icon_smil
47b7cc27b3127cceb135626a003200000025109AbOXLFk0bS

Quick,somebody get me a beret!

Marty M.

Vendor
Todays outfit.

Today I decided to be a little more casual. I've been working tons lately (Hence baggy eyes), so it feels relaxing today without a tie. Thanks.
Marty Mathis

IMG_4380.jpg
[/IMG]
Borsolino wool cap. Wool Charcol Blue plaid sport coat. Port color cashmere turrtle neck. Charcol Blue wool flannel trouser and Tan matted Croc. belt.

IMG_4385.jpg
[/IMG]
Tan Alan Edmonds "Chambrey" tassel loafers.

Marty M.

Vendor
Right back at you.

Spitfire said:
Hey Marty! That is one great look!!!

Thanks Spitfire. One day when I have an actual advertising budget, I'm going to hire you to model for us. Nobody does Ascots like you.
Marty Mathis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo