Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Panache

A-List Customer
My friend Kent and I at a celebration for a mutual friend's daughter

DSC01714.jpg

Did I mention it was a Bat Mitzvah?

DSC01717.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

Effingham

A-List Customer
3208.jpg

Me on the left, at my job.
3210.jpg

group shot

Your barber shop is pretty much The Dream. My small-town barbershop is close, but... damn.

When I told the barber my name -- when I went for the first time to him a few weeks ago, recommended by my cousin -- he remembered my father (who died in '67) and remembered that he used to give ME my flat-top hair cuts -- and even described the clothes my mother usually had me in: button down short sleeve shirts, "dress" shorts, and suspenders. Dang. The old family barber. :)

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
I suppose I am stretching it with the Panama and the spectator shoes as it is technically Fall, but it is my birthday weekend and it is a bit warm for 25 September. Also please excuse the socks - forgot my garters!
DSCF0067.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I suppose I am stretching it with the Panama and the spectator shoes as it is technically Fall, but it is my birthday weekend and it is a bit warm for 25 September. Also please excuse the socks - forgot my garters!
DSCF0067.jpg

Very nice, Mountain Man.

Gosh, sock-garters! I haven't worn those in over ten years! I remember my grandmother used to make them by hand for me and give them to me for my school uniform. Useful things. Maybe I should start using them again.

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
I just wanted to tell you about something that happened to me today, it was wonderful. So it's Sunday today and in Fulda all the shops are open for business. So I decided to dress up and stroll along the streets. On my way I came by a home for the elderly. An old man and woman (5 minutes later I knew they were married for 60 years) sat on a bench in front of the building. As soon as the old woman saw me she yelled: " A man wearing a hat." I haven't seen this for decades! Come closer gentleman, I want to have a closer look! When I stood right in front of her, she said: "This is exactly the way my husband was dressed on sundays 50 or 60 years ago. And all the colours you wear match perfectly! People nowadays don't have any style whatsoever. Always this boring Jeans and T-Shirts!" As you can imagine I walked away 5 centimeters taller than before.
Older people do of course recognise our style and they seem to love it... I almost wore the same outfit as the one on my profile picture, I just wore a different tie and added a white pochette. But that was it. Meeting that old couple really made my day!

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
I just wanted to tell you about something that happened to me today, it was wonderful. So it's Sunday today and in Fulda all the shops are open for business. So I decided to dress up and stroll along the streets. On my way I came by a home for the elderly. An old man and woman (5 minutes later I knew they were married for 60 years) sat on a bench in front of the building. As soon as the old woman saw me she yelled: " A man wearing a hat." I haven't seen this for decades! Come closer gentleman, I want to have a closer look! When I stood right in front of her, she said: "This is exactly the way my husband was dressed on sundays 50 or 60 years ago. And all the colours you wear match perfectly! People nowadays don't have any style whatsoever. Always this boring Jeans and T-Shirts!" As you can imagine I walked away 5 centimeters taller than before.
Older people do of course recognise our style and they seem to love it... I almost wore the same outfit as the one on my profile picture, I just wore a different tie and added a white pochette. But that was it. Meeting that old couple really made my day!

You know, one of my earliest inspirations to dress better and use better manners came to me in Germany almost 30 years ago. I was in the Tiergarten in Berlin and across the park I saw an elderly gentleman with snow white hair, a tweed suit, a bow tie, and a Trachten hat sitting on a bench. An elderly lady walked by with her dog and spoke, and he arose and removed his hat in the same graceful motion. They were obviously old friends, and after chatting for a few moments, they bowed to each other and parted company. I made a conscious decision then to try and emulate these older folks and adopt their "old world" manners as well as their style of dressing. I hope that maybe someday a kid will look at me and get a positive influence.

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
Thank you Mountain Man,

I have exactly the same hope. With our decision to dress differently than the vast majority of our society, we send out a strong message: do your own thing, don't ever listen to what other people think or say about you, just be yourself. Be aware of who you are and what you want to be. And that is quite a different thought compared to what those kids get normally...

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Just now, waiting for my laundry...a far away look in my eyes..ha ha. Late 50s/early 60s 'Texas Shirtwaist' dress. Wearing no make up...excuse that oversight!
X
BD

laundrymat4sm.jpg

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
foto1zensiert.jpg

yesterday there was a costume party with a timetravel theme. didn't even need to get a costume. The frames are empty and belong to a costume from somebody else. Just tried them on for a picture. Do I look very smart?

Edit: I forgot to ask the person in the background, so I blurred him out.
I am wearing a late 40s or 50s sportscoat from finland and an american tie I bought from widebrim. Shirt and trousers by Vecona.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner