Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Photo%2022.3.2012%2014.17.25.jpg

Photo%2022.3.2012%2014.59.50.jpg

Photo%2022.3.2012%2014.59.05.jpg

inspired selection of monochrome patterns and fabric.

Allen

New in Town
Both your father and you are looking good, Allen, and I just noticed that you're wearing spats! Good show! And blessed Resurrection Day to you.

IMO, spats are an accessory that should never have gone out of style. I try to incorporate them as conservatively as I can into an ensemble, but they always prove to be quite the conversation starter!

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Widebrim, fantastic ensemble! Perfect coordination and a very tasteful, yet dashing use of spats! If I ever manage to work up the courage to wear spats with civillian attire (worn them plenty of times with my highland military uniform on parade) I hope I execute as well as you have!

Happy easter everyone!

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
My wife and I drove by the old Lake Lure Hotel near Chimney Rock, NC after Church and Easter dinner today - we used to go there for dinner and dancing back when we were courting - they had a small band that played 1930's & 40's standards. We were always the youngest couple there - this was almost 30 years ago and a lot of folks of the Greatest Generation used to come there from all over the country.

Wearing a fairly modern Hickey-Freeman camelhair sportcoat, a pair of suit trousers from one of my Afghanistan suits, one the only modern ties I own - a regimental (South Irish Horse) from Ben Silver, Bostonian "Thatcher" captoe brogues, green lisle socks, all topped off with a 1940's Borsalino.
IMG_0099.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
This was what I wore to give a talk to 'The Forties Society' on the role of children and teenagers in the UK during WW2. I went for the summer casual look that hardly changed throughout the 20th century. The blazer is by Gieves and Hawkes and dates to the mid 1970s (made for an officer in the Royal Navy); trousers are based on a 1930s pattern; shirt is modern; vintage tie; shoes by Joseph Cheaney; pocket square by Peckham Rye.

summercopy.jpg

Edward

Bartender
This was what I wore to give a talk to 'The Forties Society' on the role of children and teenagers in the UK during WW2. I went for the summer casual look that hardly changed throughout the 20th century. The blazer is by Gieves and Hawkes and dates to the mid 1970s (made for an officer in the Royal Navy); trousers are based on a 1930s pattern; shirt is modern; vintage tie; shoes by Joseph Cheaney; pocket square by Peckham Rye.

summercopy.jpg

Great look! Something very Terry Thomas to it, to my eye.

Oh, my. To be on the receiving end of that!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I've been off the group for a wee spell as I've been very, very busy lately in my real life- so I'm finally playing a bit of catching up on this thread.

Gents and Ladies, all are looking GOOD!

Allen

New in Town
Widebrim, fantastic ensemble! Perfect coordination and a very tasteful, yet dashing use of spats! If I ever manage to work up the courage to wear spats with civillian attire (worn them plenty of times with my highland military uniform on parade) I hope I execute as well as you have!

Happy easter everyone!

I highly encourage wearing them with civilian attire, but like I said in my earlier post, conservatively so. I chose to wear them with that particular ensemble not only because they have a tendency to break up the dark appearance that the charcoal grey trousers and dark navy jacket gives my six foot frame, but it also downplays my height some. www.spatterdash.com has a wide selection of spats in different colors and patterns, but I tend to stick with white, grey, or beige. One of those three colors can accentuate any outfit.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for the kind words HoosierDaddy, Vampyre Master (great name by the way), Edward and Chasseur. I haven't been feeling well lately, so it's nice to know I still can look ok! I had a great day at he seashore.

Edward, ha ha! *blushes* Well, the kiss was just a pose. I'm going to use those pics for an upcoming blog post. ;0

Chasseur, the dress is from Bettie Page Clothing. I also have it in navy (ssshh, don't tell). I have way too many sailor dresses, vintage and repro!

Today someone said to me 'you should be in a magazine.' A compliment, I think, though they didn't state what kind of a mag! *lol*

X
BD

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy