Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Thanks very much. When the time comes, I'm sure you'll be very nervous, I was, but it is very much worth it, when all's said and done.

Also, glad you like the tie, I can't remember the brand off hand, but I'm guessing it from the late forties or early fifties.

Congratulations, Tom! I haven't got around to baptism, myself. That's a really nice tie, too.

Thank you very much!!!

Congrats young man!

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was baptized and confirmed this evening. What I wore to church, and us relaxing afterward.

24425_10151506183014330_470867956_n.jpg

Congrats! :thumb:
You were well dressed, indeed.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
A cool, damp Easter morning in Asheville, NC. Took a brief stroll in historic Riverside Cemetery (resting place of Thomas Wolfe and O. Henry) after Easter lunch. Probably the last hoorah this year for the heavy tweeds - and not a long longer left for felt hats this spring! Thornproof tweed suit, Luxire spear point collar shirt, 1930's striped tie, suede captoes, and Portis hat. Modern Barbour umbrella.
IMG_0245_zps5e5b8387.jpg

Big Man

A cool, damp Easter morning in Asheville, NC. Took a brief stroll in historic Riverside Cemetery (resting place of Thomas Wolfe and O. Henry) after Easter lunch. Probably the last hoorah this year for the heavy tweeds - and not a long longer left for felt hats this spring! Thornproof tweed suit, Luxire spear point collar shirt, 1930's striped tie, suede captoes, and Portis hat. Modern Barbour umbrella.

Looking sharp, as usual. I've been to Asheville a lot, but never visited Riverside Cemetery. I'll have to make a point to go there the next time I'm in town. I'd like to see Thomas Wolfe's grave. I can't remember, is the angel there, or is it at another location? Where, exactly is riverside Cemetery?

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Looking sharp, as usual. I've been to Asheville a lot, but never visited Riverside Cemetery. I'll have to make a point to go there the next time I'm in town. I'd like to see Thomas Wolfe's grave. I can't remember, is the angel there, or is it at another location? Where, exactly is riverside Cemetery?

Hey Big Hoss! There is only one entrance to the cemetery that is ever open - get on I-240W(coming from your direction it'd be off I-40W at exit 53B - or 53A - whichever goes toward Asheville). As you pass thru the Beaucatcher Cut and get to the Western edge of town - past the Civic Center, look for Montford Avenue - Get on Montford headed away from town and in less than 1/2 mile you will see a little Church on the left and the sign for the cemetery - turn left, I think it is Gay Street, then right onto Pearson Drive and left onto Birch Street, which will take you thru the gate. There are signs to most of the notable graves. No, Wolfe's grave marker is just a simple slab. Wolfe's father sold several of the angels thru the years. One of them is on a grave in Hendersonville, on the road to Laurel Park.

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Hello everybody, I hope you all spent a good Easter with your families.

This is what was worn to church.

enJBMfn.jpg

I do not know the time period this hat came from but it's a nice hat.

Big Man

Hey Big Hoss! There is only one entrance to the cemetery that is ever open - get on I-240W(coming from your direction it'd be off I-40W at exit 53B - or 53A - whichever goes toward Asheville). As you pass thru the Beaucatcher Cut and get to the Western edge of town - past the Civic Center, look for Montford Avenue - Get on Montford headed away from town and in less than 1/2 mile you will see a little Church on the left and the sign for the cemetery - turn left, I think it is Gay Street, then right onto Pearson Drive and left onto Birch Street, which will take you thru the gate. There are signs to most of the notable graves. No, Wolfe's grave marker is just a simple slab. Wolfe's father sold several of the angels thru the years. One of them is on a grave in Hendersonville, on the road to Laurel Park.

Thanks. I'll stop by there next time I'm in "the big city."

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
tumblr_mkllqj5dS11qhhvpco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mkllqj5dS11qhhvpco2_1280.jpg

Just finished this suit a couple days ago and thought i would take it for a spin, it's the first fancy back jacket i've made.
otherwise the shirt is Ralph Lauren and the tie is 30's-40's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy