Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
I got dressed up for valentines day today.
DSC02100-2.jpg

Valentines comic I did for the school newspaper.
HighSchoolAdventures009-1.jpg

Baron Kurtz said:
Yesterday. Early 30s belt-back, pleated and pleated pocket sports coat, 40s trousers, CC41 brown/white stripe shirt, blue slubby silk striped tie.

12thFeb.JPG

bk

I'd love to see more of the trousers. I really like to overall contrast -- the jacket as an item is great. Pics of the back?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
modern Borsalino trilby
1925 dated jacket
1929 dated tux pants
yellow shirt
black bow tie
curling cufflinks
black captoe shoes
IMG_4805.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Borderline perfection.

If only the Baron would adopt the practice of stuffing a handkerchief in his breast pocket. It won't hurt, BK; Promise

Contrast to typical

I know it's a bit different from usual, and since all but one class was cancelled, and I swore I'd stay away from the shop for the day (lol), it was a casual one.

Denim button front shirt, heavy heavy wash / worn, by J. Campbell
Cream cotton henley, unknown
Vintage, flat front cotton trousers, stone-ish color, unknown
Distressed brown lace ups, Prada

2-14b.jpg

2-14.jpg

- CB

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I haven't been here for a while, but I'm enjoying all the beautiful women and handsome men I've missed! :eusa_clap

Baron - how about a close up of that jacket pocket? It's wild!

I went and spent time at my mother in laws for Valentine's Day with my husband. Therefore, no fancy dresses or anything. However, I did get to wear my new handmade 1920's cloche with rhinestones and exaggerated trim. I'll try to take close up pictures of this one soon - it's highly unusual and appears brand new. I wore it with a 1950's Lord and Taylor Cashmere Sweater and Red Feryn Robyn Heels.

betty_021408.JPG

metropd

One Too Many
ArrowCollarMan said:
I got dressed up for valentines day today.
DSC02100-2.jpg

You look really good. Did you hit the gym? The ladies must be all over you now. The new hair cut looks much better and should work with your hats. Total transformation!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) ;) ;) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Vintage Betty said:
Baron - how about a close up of that jacket pocket? It's wild!

Hi Betty,

I'll get some close-ups soon. The garden in my new place has perfect lighting for photography at about 3 in the afternoon on an overcast day. I love the pockets on this jacket. As i was expounding to the senator the other night, i'm of the opinion that the pockets should mirror what's going on on the back of the jacket. For example on this jacket the back has three side seam facing knife pleats and a shoulder panel construction. The pockets each have 3 side seam-facing knife pleats and a panel across the top. The harmony thus introduced is quite striking. The brown one i sold to herringbonekid has a similar back/pocket harmonic element.

bk

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
metropd said:
ArrowCollarMan said:
You look really good. Did you hit the gym? The ladies must be all over you now. The new hair cut looks much better and should work with your hats. Total transformation!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) ;) ;) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Why thank you. The weight los is becuase of track and cross country. I did wear my black fedora and mac yesterday, I just didn't wear it for the picture.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Empyrium said:
Nice casual look! have you ever heard you resemble Andy Garcia?:)

I frequently picture CB like Chris O'Donnell in the movie The Bachelor, with 300 would-be brides in hot pursuit...Just a preposterously handsome guy. Hope he's blushing. :)

Moving right along to today's outfit, I picked up CB's denim theme a bit, unusual for me even on a "Casual Friday."

Navy SB 3B single-vent blazer
Dark tan wide-wale corduroys with slightly wide leg opening
Old Navy light denim button-down, open neck, crisp white tee underneath
Jos. A. Bank Fair Isle sweater with strong beige base tone
Light green cotton pocket square, puff fold (picks up on one of the hues in the sweater)
Vintage trout fly in left lapel
Brown jeans belt
Lorus watch with tan band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Calvin Klein Truth cologne
Dark tan non-ribbed OTC socks
Lucchese 3000 datk brown dress cowboy boots
Stanley Blacker tan SB topcoat
Brown leather gloves
J. Crew lambswool scarf with horizontal green and orange stripes (the checkout woman at the supermarket tonight thanked me for brightening the gloomy winter with this neon scarf! I aim to please)
Scala dark tan fedora with dark tan band, feather, "Scala" pin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav