Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Pip

A-List Customer
Such a simple look compared to yesterday but it simply consists of:
Brown Fedora with a 3' brim and a decent height crown.
Late 1930's white shirt, oxford collar and button up single cuffs.
Reproduction 1930's/40's US Army officers "pinks" trousers.

LPIC1477.jpg

LPIC1474.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Pip said:

LPIC1477.jpg

LPIC1474.jpg

What a wonderful look on you.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Pip said:

LPIC1477.jpg

LPIC1474.jpg

cest Pip le Parfait! :)

CherryKrissy

Familiar Face
Darhling said:
Metropd - you are always incredibly stylish!

Feeling very 'candystriper' today and the weather was amazing!

Red & white striped dress from Big Fish vintage line. The shoulders are gorgeously square!
My favorite red satin shoes.
Red ribbon in hair.

02042009013.jpg

Oh I love that dress Darhling! It looks adorable on you!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I already told you both but Pip and Darhling, twenty thumbs up!

I wasn't wearing this today, but I am wearing it now! I just took my very first ever self-portrait at home, to post to my blog tomorrow. This is my latest Swirl dress, which, when it arrived was seriously discoloured (and a bargain because of it, woohoo!) - it was a sort of yellowy peach with hints of pink. A long soak in Oxy clean, and a good two hours unpicking the taken-up hem, ironing and posing later... ta daaaaaa!

3408034354_f35ffa1c01.jpg

I need a new lense for less blur. And some shoes. ;)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
I already told you both but Pip and Darhling, twenty thumbs up!

I wasn't wearing this today, but I am wearing it now! I just took my very first ever self-portrait at home, to post to my blog tomorrow. This is my latest Swirl dress, which, when it arrived was seriously discoloured (and a bargain because of it, woohoo!) - it was a sort of yellowy peach with hints of pink. A long soak in Oxy clean, and a good two hours unpicking the taken-up hem, ironing and posing later... ta daaaaaa!

3408006692_6295b48042.jpg

I need a new lense for less blur. And some shoes. ;)

You are impeccable and the most gorgeous woman ever.

That's it, ladies! I'm through, just have to hope that my permanent dark shades will camouflage the popped-out eyeballs I'm too lazy to keep shoving back in... well, at least until I'm logged-off and don't have to worry about cartoon-character reactions for a bit. Darhling, Fleur, still can't figure out if you two are four "yowza!"s or five... Clara, if that av's a new style your crafting for yourself that combination of hairstyle and glasses looks very good on you IMO.

Metro, you are one lucky, lucky dude! Color me jealous... and your style's pretty kick-arse too. Too bad I don't have the less-robust frame required to give it a stab...

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Wednesday was this outfit, minus the hat & sunglasses (and ID bracelet):
6d055yc.jpg

Today - another out of my bargain 1950s shirtdress lot, combined with a modern cardigan, leopard print ballet flats, and a vintage bakelite necklace. I had the coolest black & white bakelite necklace planned to wear this morning - it really "made" the outfit... until I undid the clasp to put it on, and the entire thing came apart. :( 10 minutes I spent picking assorted size bakelite beads off the floor.

52x73t.jpg

2zsqybb.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Walking to the groceriestore I saw these great looking guys and gals! They were kind enough to let me take pictures and even invited me to ride with them in a parade next month!! So I thought the outfit pic should be this instead. I wish I had worn red lipstick [huh] .

Grey full skirted dress
Wide patent grey belt
black ballerinas

DSCN0404.jpg

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
Walking to the groceriestore I saw these great looking guys and gals! They were kind enough to let me take pictures and even invited me to ride with them in a parade next month!! So I thought the outfit pic should be this instead. I wish I had worn red lipstick [huh] .

Grey full skirted dress
Wide patent grey belt
black ballerinas

DSCN0404.jpg

Wow, what a story! I wish I literally walked into great opportunities every time I dressed vintage; have fun! You all look wonderful. (I wish I knew how the lady on the left did her hair since it's about the length of mine)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
StaceFace said:
Wow, what a story! I wish I literally walked into great opportunities every time I dressed vintage; have fun! You all look wonderful. (I wish I knew how the lady on the left did her hair since it's about the length of mine)

Thank you! I posted the rest of the pics and the story behind why they were there in the Steamer Trunk. A few guys were definitly swoonworthy, thats the reason why I look so shy and intimidated!

Her hair was a bit longer, because it was rolled up and fastened with pins. sortof like victory rolls but around her neck instead. She looked gorgeous!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Pip, you look terrific...

Great look you've got going. Really like the sepia(?) vintage looking photo.

Pip said:

LPIC1477.jpg

LPIC1474.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
ladies, you all look gorgeous in your vintage garb

Darhling, fortworthgal, Fleure De Guerre, - wonderful dresses, great vintage style.

Darhling- don't men look wonderful in vintage uniforms? Lucky duck your running into the these guys and the lady. We want to see pics of you when you are in the parade with them.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
very nice indeed...

Matt, Carlisle Blues- both of you are looking very sharp.

Matt- looks like you are using Marc C.'s baby as a photo prop. Is it wearing vintage baby clothes? Where is the vintage perabulator?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff