Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey said:
Last night: More about these pics and a few others shown in this thread- http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=44938

Taken at the Stanford Theater in Palo Alto, posing like Marlene Dietrich:
377083484.jpg

back home at end of the evening:
377083294.jpg

Carey, you look amazing! I have a big crush on you now!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Christy said:
lol Sounds like it was a fun Halloween.

That was last year. Although I did a variation of the same road trip this year, but the Lovecraft part of the trip was cut short due to a downpour! :)

mike

Call Me a Cab
anon` said:
Mike... what colour felt did you have this hat made in? And while I'm at it... what colour is the ribbon?

Silverbelly felt with a black ribbon! One day I have to send it back to Art to reattach the lining. I went to the see the Damned a few months ago and someone tried to grab it off of my head and the liner somewhat came loose in the process! When I do send it back, I'm thinking of possibly having the ribbon replaced with a thicker one. [huh]

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
mike said:
Silverbelly felt with a black ribbon! One day I have to send it back to Art to reattach the lining. I went to the see the Damned a few months ago and someone tried to grab it off of my head and the liner somewhat came loose in the process! When I do send it back, I'm thinking of possibly having the ribbon replaced with a thicker one. [huh]
:eek:fftopic: I'm always wondering about whether silverbelly is perhaps more versatile than light grey. What do you find you can't actually wear it with?

anon`

One Too Many
mike said:
I kinda like the ribbon size on that one. Well enough, at least, to be giving serious thought to using that hat as an archetype for my next Art creation! I could very well end up with a wider ribbon, though, so if you've not sent it back by then you might be able to get some insight on how it'd look.

Thanks for the info... didn't want to inadvertently ask him to copy this one exactly!

mike

Call Me a Cab
avedwards said:
:eek:fftopic: I'm always wondering about whether silverbelly is perhaps more versatile than light grey. What do you find you can't actually wear it with?

Oh you're definitely asking the the wrong guy. I'm color blind! lol But I would assume that the aspect that limits the color range you can wear it with is actually the black ribbon rather than the color of the felt.

mike

Call Me a Cab
anon` said:
I kinda like the ribbon size on that one. Well enough, at least, to be giving serious thought to using that hat as an archetype for my next Art creation! I could very well end up with a wider ribbon, though, so if you've not sent it back by then you might be able to get some insight on how it'd look.

Thanks for the info... didn't want to inadvertently ask him to copy this one exactly!

Sounds great! And I can say if you do go for this hat (or something similar) I'm sure you will love it! You can't find anything close to it on the market! If doing it again, I would think long and hard about possibly getting it in the silk finish... :eusa_doh:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
To Mike and Dinerman...

You both look GREAT in your suits and hats in the cemetaries gentlemen. Did you call each other up ahead to plan what you would both be wearing- like girls do??

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
ThesFlishThngs said:
Some wonderful, atmospheric photos for this time of year. :)

I didn't exactly 'costume' this year, but felt the need to dress up a bit for the WinterSquash Monarch pageant at the coffee house. Due to my relentless campaigning, I won!! Here's a shot of the moment of anticipation, followed by one of me with my amazing, handmade crown (picking up the chandelier drop that fell off).
4062382049_e61a2b2136.jpg

4062382047_90646279db_b.jpg

Your outfit is perfect for a Halloween pageant! That crown looks a little cumbersome, though. ;)

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Cumbersome is the right word! It's more suited to use as a centerpiece on the dining table. I'm thinking I'll design a somewhat more delicate and wearable one to pass on to my successor next year.
Much fun to win, though; the cats will enjoy batting at those chandelier crystals, and I'll enjoy my coffee house gift card. ;)

mike

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
That's cool, Mike. We visited the graves of a prime minister and of Alexander Keith.

Here's the rest of my side of the gang.
IMG_4884.jpg

Fangtastic! Here's mine from last year...
Picture52.png

This year I don't have any group photos, but last week's trip was documented here...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=40210&id=1383853817

We went to the PT Barnum Museum, the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast, HP Lovecraft's grave, Salem, the Belcourt Castle and the Witch's Dungeon. The bad weather made for quick reshuffling of plans and I didn't bring a decent camera sooo you get what you get. But the star of the show was definitely the jaw-dropping Newport, RI foreboding mansions!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Finally outfit pictures!! had a fantastic weekend, celebrated my first halloween saturday and my birthday sunday!

Dead pin-up (this was improvised, I was supposed to be a wolfish red ridinghood but I had sewing machine meltdown). I am especially satisfied with the neck wound, up close it was scabby and really bad - in a good way! Casper went as my deranged killer, hence his happy face..

31102009016.jpg

31102009026.jpg

31102009012.jpg

My birthday yesterday!!!! Thank you to all who showed up for posh afternoon tea sunday and for the entire party (120 people ??) + band saturday night who sang Happy Birthday at midnight!! I felt so special!

DSCN0895.jpg

DSCN0904.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Looks like everyone had fun on Halloween - happy belated birthday, Darhling! I hope to be free to play next year... this year, the venue chose the date for our Rocky Horror screenings, so I missed the chance to party or do any other costumes. Certainly had fun, though!! We did the shows in the Electric Cinema on Portobello Road - well worth checking out, beautiful example of an old school art-deco cinema that has never been butchered to be modernised or turned into a multi-screen complex (though I'm sure the seats are far from the way they ould have been originally! - see www.electriccinema.co.uk). I'm now looking forward to the CandyBox Burlesque Club Christmas event, and trying to figure out how I might do a pair of furry green trews....

chanteuseCarey said:
Taken at the Stanford Theater in Palo Alto, posing like Marlene Dietrich:
377083484.jpg

This looks fantastic, well done!

Lenore

Practically Family
mike said:
Sure! We traveled to HP Lovecraft's grave where we read one of his short stories aloud and left a tentacle on his tombstone :)

I'm sure he would have appreciated the gesture. I would have. Though I would have preferred flowers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner