Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
P1000386.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Outstanding Jamie!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I'm sure your lovely wife certainly enjoyed you dressed like this too! What kind of music did they play at the Ball??

Panache said:
Here is a picture from the formal St Andrew's Ball I attended last night in San Francisco.

DSC01125.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

Maguire

Practically Family
To that Alan- kudos on making that combo work, if someone gave me those same articles of clothing(especially that jacket) i'd have not the first clue what to do with them but you managed to fit everything together not only well, but so that it doesn't look loud, it all look like it belongs together. good work.

Mario- that's a fine fedora, its not gigantic like the Fed IV so it looks like it won't get as many stares (the wrong kind).

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Maguire said:
Mario- that's a fine fedora, its not gigantic like the Fed IV so it looks like it won't get as many stares (the wrong kind).

Thanks. The first one is a Lee Trinity with a 2" 1/2 brim, the second is a 1940's Canadian Brooks with a brim of 2" 3/4. Both crowns are about 4" 1/2 tall.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Inspired by some of the old catalogue scans that have been posted here, today I wore my grey db suit with a sweater vest.

50s suit
50s tie
Van Heusen collar
Modern sweater vest
Lee fedora

DSC02250.jpg

The full shot has a reflection from the wall mirror, but I can post it if anyone wants.

Panache

A-List Customer
chanteuseCarey said:
Outstanding Jamie!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I'm sure your lovely wife certainly enjoyed you dressed like this too! ??

cC,

Who do you think I dress to impress for? ;)

She was was a vision in red and maroon

Here are a few more pictures from the evening

DSC01134.jpg

A friend of ours gave us traditional Scottish Fez hats during the dinner :)

Fez.jpg

chanteuseCarey said:
What kind of music did they play at the Ball??

They started off with a quartet playing traditional Scottish Country Dance music (reels, strathspeys, and such) though there was no one to make up a set with.

Then there was a pipe band, a larger orchestra, and finally a Jazz quartet to dance to.

Here is me and my Lady dancing a little West Coast Swing

dance1.jpg

Bye now!

wave.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Grant Fan said:
So today I went out with a friend and she requested I go completely modern with my attire. So here it is. I did still maintain my vintage-y hair but this is modern as I get. What do you think?

With that smile and those big, bright brown eyes, you always look exceptionally beautiful.

Oh, to be young again ...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Smart Man;).

Your lovely wife looks very elegant too! WCSwing is such a fun dance to do, my husband really likes it because its one of the few ballroom dances where the gentleman gets to do really cool moves too.

Panache said:
cC, Who do you think I dress to impress for? ;)

She was was a vision in red and maroon

Here are a few more pictures from the evening

DSC01134.jpg

A friend of ours gave us traditional Scottish Fez hats during the dinner :)

Fez.jpg

They started off with a quartet playing traditional Scottish Country Dance music (reels, strathspeys, and such) though there was no one to make up a set with.

Then there was a pipe band, a larger orchestra, and finally a Jazz quartet to dance to.

Here is me and my Lady dancing a little West Coast Swing

dance1.jpg

Bye now!

wave.jpg

Cheers

Jamie

I do leave the house occasionally..

...and here's proof that I am not always in an apron or dungarees.

Yesterday I went to a matinee in Phoenix and then perused the bookstore / cafe.

100_1492.jpg

Closeups of the hat, which I'm quite fond of:

100_1496.jpg

100_1500.jpg

And here's the "artistic" shot in the spirit of FL self-portraits...in your mind's eye I am on the cover of a fashion magazine...perhaps the scene is a little Italian plaza and I am seated on the edge of a fountain watching birds take flight:

100_1511.jpg

Well, if I'm going to have fun all by myself, I may as well get it right in my head. :)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Hamilton_Honey said:
...and here's proof that I am not always in an apron or dungarees.

Yesterday I went to a matinee in Phoenix and then perused the bookstore / cafe.

100_1492.jpg

Closeups of the hat, which I'm quite fond of:

100_1496.jpg

100_1500.jpg

And here's the "artistic" shot in the spirit of FL self-portraits...in your mind's eye I am on the cover of a fashion magazine...perhaps the scene is a little Italian plaza and I am seated on the edge of a fountain watching birds take flight:

100_1511.jpg

Well, if I'm going to have fun all by myself, I may as well get it right in my head. :)

I LOVE your entire outfit! Very well-done!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran