Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
P1020507.jpg

Photo taken in the Halifax Citadel.

I'm wearing:
16" Maine hunting shoes, woolrich hunting breeches, chinstrap pullover,
commando sweater, 1967 issue Canadian peacoat, '20s cap.

MarcusB

Familiar Face
billyspew said:
Like Feeder much? ;)

I like the picture of you with Taka!
:D :D :D, only heard of them way back in 1998 when my ex g/f from Leeds who I was in the sixth form with was a massive fan. She bought the "Swim" EP, a few of their singles and the original "Polythene" which did not have "High" on it. She went to see them at the now demolished London Astoria one night when they were supported by Everclear and then after finishing her A-Levels went back to Leeds to attend the met uni. Although we already broke up, we still kept in contact.

A year later they released "Yesterday Went Too Soon" which I bought and loved, but being on the dole could not afford to go to gigs and only got employed in January 2001 onto my current contract.

After the breakthrough with of course "Buck Rogers", they announced a tour and my friend (former g/f), told me to come down to Leeds for easter and see them play at the uni. The trip cost me a lot of money, but I did not care, it was the best thing I've ever done and have now seen them 58 times if you include the most recent gig under their "Renegades" mokier at the Water Rats. They've now got James Blunt's drummer Karl Brazil on drums after Mark returned to Skunk Anansie, really good drummer also and the new songs are like old 1990's rocky Feeder. nothing wrong with their mellow stuff, it's just that most fans want the heavy stuff back, which they've done!.

That pic with Taka is now 6 years old, after the Newport gig, getting onto 7 years old come March 3rd!.

HatRak

Familiar Face
Hamilton_Honey said:
Off to my very first swing dance lesson (or any dance lesson for that matter!) Wish me luck, and let's hope the instructor is wearing steel toes....

;)

100_1822.jpg

WOW!

For over thirty years I've maintained a policy: I dance only with my wife. Maybe I need to rethink this . . .

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Mike, in the first pic it looks as if the dog is about to raise his leg and take a leak on you or something :) but you look wonderful, absolutely great, I really really like your look and you make me think of Django.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
crazydaisy said:
Mike, in the first pic it looks as if the dog is about to raise his leg and take a leak on you or something :) but you look wonderful, absolutely great, I really really like your look and you make me think of Django.

Yep, I'd have to agree in front of the bookshelves with non-golden-era tomes would probably not be my first choice...however, the dismembered head on the upper left top shelf does add a certain je nais se quoi...and I suppose...pinstripe suit...pencil thin moustache...and remembering photos of you in a real graveyard as well as a Halloween graveyard...it does have a certain...Gomez Adams flavor to it...

mike

Call Me a Cab
crazydaisy said:

Thanks a lot! That's really funny you mention Django Reinhardt, I just heard that today from someone else! There must be some truth to it [huh] And... Dr. Gogol (my dog) is SOOOO house trained, he's always on his best behavior! :D

Mike in Seattle - you're probably right, too distracting. Next stop, some other corner! :p

mike

Call Me a Cab
Nick D said:
My first thought was William Powell.

Is that Peter Lorre up in the left corner?

Yes it is! A handmade, only two in the world, Peter Lorre from Mad Love as Dr Gogol leather (and mixed materials) pillow! About 8 years later, I named my dog Dr Gogol. I'm not that weird to have pillows made of my dogs likeness or namesake... or am I? :eusa_doh: :p

mike

Call Me a Cab
HatRak said:
Love the boots. Shell cordovan?

Hatrak

Yessir! I know the general feeling is plaza over the barrie last, but I gotta say, I love 'em! That said, there are issues that bug me. But I think it's more a factor of comparing them to the fit and line of original 20's/30's boots vs boots made today. I keep going back to what I recently found out is called the waist. In that regard, both lasts fall victim of being far too wide in the waist. BUT! I don't think anyone except those with a super trained eye can tell this when wearing them. It's just me being a werido. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner