Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Now don't you look strapping! *swoon*
sproily said:
goingback.jpg

Johnnynotoes

Familiar Face
Marcus be doin' his thang is all...lookin' dapper. Is ok? Yah! Is ok! This thread by the way is one of my favorites. So many good looks and idears, many of which I've tried to fit into my own stylings. Half the fun of all this is the hunt for some of these items. New repro stuff...20% Vintage stuff 80%. Nice to look good n' enjoy it huh? And Sproily...gotta say lad...Yer oughta be in pitchers! Evening Folks,...JNT

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Yeps said:
Unless I am greatly mistaken, MarcusB.

I take no side on the issue.

There are no sides to be taken. My post, which was directed to the chap in question, but hasn't been answered by the intended recipient, was not intended to promote general discussion.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Johnnynotoes said:
Marcus be doin' his thang is all...lookin' dapper. Is ok? Yah! Is ok! This thread by the way is one of my favorites. So many good looks and idears, many of which I've tried to fit into my own stylings. Half the fun of all this is the hunt for some of these items. New repro stuff...20% Vintage stuff 80%. Nice to look good n' enjoy it huh? And Sproily...gotta say lad...Yer oughta be in pitchers! Evening Folks,...JNT

Agreed - Marcus does dress dapper and far & above what the normal guy on the street wears. But clearly, nothing remotely vintage, or not what was considered the vintage era for this board - roughly the 20s through post WWII / mid-50s. I was simply applauding Creeping Past's original post asking when he would be making the leap into vintage.

This is, after all, a site devoted to all things vintage. One of the big complaints the majority of users have had in the past is that too many posting were and are moving away from and clearly not relevant to the original mission of FL.

Further, if someone doesn't wish a post to create discussion, don't post them publicly to one of the message boards. That's what private messages are for.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
So, here is my first time posting (myself, as opposed to some inane comment,) in this thread. I have nothing vintage, but everything pretends to be...

Photo223.jpg

and for when I am out in the frigid air:
Photo227.jpg

(it is hard to see, but I am wearing my old, knockabout pea coat in this picture, it does not really deserve a better one. Best to leave it vague.)

and finally, for when I am done with classes and back in my room in the evening:
Photo231.jpg

The pics are not the best, but at the moment, I can't upload with my camera, and aside from that, I could not find enough space in my room to really be able to take full pics. oh well.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
band collar shirt, brown leather vest, tweed jacket, Canadian pea coat, telogreika pants, maine hunting shoes, adventurebilt.

Conquering the snow pile
P1030051.jpg

P1030054.jpg

Exploring a bunker, part of Halifax's old defense system.

P1030112.jpg

P1030110.jpg

P1030140.jpg

P1030123.jpg

Underneath the peacoat
P1030177.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner