Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Flying Dog Brewery Dead Rise Summer Ale. Brewed with Old Bay.
Yeah, it sounds nasty, but it is a fantastic summer beer. Just a hint of Old Bay.
Profits from this go to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation to help out the blue crabs.

f33f620407af88a6f1c5b77b233c3d33.jpg

Some Don Julio Reposado tequila served up neat at one of my favorite saloons tonight, along with some chips & queso with good friends. If I die overnight I'll die a happy man!

^^^ Was not familiar with the Boston Side Car despite being a fan of regular sidecars. From what my quick web research shows, it seems the difference is the Boston Side Car replaces half (or more) of the original sidecar's Brandy with Rum. Other than, maybe, giving the drink a bit of a lighter / Island bent, without having tried it, I am struggling to imagine its flavor, but now I have something new to experiment with - never a bad thing. :)

Last edited:

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
^^^ Was not familiar with the Boston Side Car despite being a fan of regular sidecars. From what my quick web research shows, it seems the difference is the Boston Side Car replaces half (or more) of the original sidecar's Brandy with Rum. Other than, maybe, giving the drink a bit of a lighter / Island bent, without having tried it, I am struggling to imagine its flavor, but now I have something new to experiment with - never a bad thing. :)

Our recipe is from an old Old Mr. Boston Deluxe Official Bartender's Guide, a 1971 reprint of the guide that was published in 1935. It looks like most of the recipes are solidly rooted in the Golden Era universe of mixology.

Equal parts lime juice, rum, brandy, triple sec (you can kick it up a notch with Cointreau instead of triple sec, but we're on a budget).
Fill shaker with ice, add lime juice, then the other ingredients. Shake, then stain into cocktail glass.
NB: the Missus prefers hers in an Old Fashioned glass with the ice. I maintain that pouring the drink into a cocktail glass that has been chilled all day in the freezer elevates the experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo