Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

This is one very super special hat. The reasons are many.

I have already picked a name for this one. I am sure Daniel will agree to the name, "Daniel's Esther". How can we not give the proper respect to Esther for taking her time to make such a wonderful looking hat!

This was such a treat! Esther will actually answer and ask informational questions as it is clear, she desires to do as much as her wonderful talents can do for you as a hat lover. Plain and simple. There was NO "text tag ping pong" NO BULL, no going off and leaving me hanging wondering what in the world is going on....nope. Just honest and sincere care, and a lil love tossed in as well! Haha!

This was a concept I had originally for another hatter to make. For my Husband's Birthday in March. March came and went...nothing but BS from that person, and thus, I am SO thankful I made the choice to walk from that hatter, to say "see ya" and turn the entire project over to Esther. Look at that ribbon! See that Purple on that soft creamy Ivory color felt body? Do you know that color combination goes with about a dozen or so suits and dinner jackets and shirts and ties I have recently purchased for my Husband to wear.

Notice the non matching trim on the brim? Planned as it gives the hat something more in the "vintage look" to me, many vintage hats had non matching ribbon on the brim. To find something that offsets the purple yet is gentle looking I went with a soft pastel yellow.

Esther suggested a purple liner to match the purple ribbon and bow work. A doubled back bow on this gem! It is just as pretty as fresh strawberries!

There are many more reasons why this hat is so special, but I will just say, it is right on time now to be able to give my Husband something with so much love put into it from Esther, and from so much love from me. I will never be able to thank Esther enough! She is an Angel! Thank you Esther. Can't wait to see this on the love of my life's head! We will both have endless smiles and be speechless with joy!
More pics plz Cindy. Thx.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thx Cindy. Mine took abt 2 weeks.

Thank you that means I have a bit of time to prepare it's hat box, and make ready a party for the day it is here!

Daniel does have a few hats he loves to wear, but I can already guess this is now going to be his all time favorite. He will take extra care when touching such a lovely hat, to help keep it looking like new!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thank you that means I have a bit of time to prepare it's hat box, and make ready a party for the day it is here!

Daniel does have a few hats he loves to wear, but I can already guess this is now going to be his all time favorite. He will take extra care when touching such a lovely hat, to help keep it looking like new!
Esther packs them very pretty w ribbons etc...

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Esther packs them very pretty w ribbons etc...

I am sure it will arrive safely. The wait time will give me a chance to do some things. I have a super nice hat box that "Moon" here gave us as a gift, such a wonderful thing for him to do. The box is a bare box, so I am looking for some vintage hat advertisements sold on eBay to apply all over the outside of the box! I have a can of adhesive spray to use to glue the advertisements all over the box for decorations. And in a few spots on the hat box, I will be putting some pictures I will print off of some people and put those on it as well.

As originally a hat for my Husband's Birthday was the plan, I am going to invite a house full of friends over to have another celebration as such as his Birthday was in March. It is all good now, and to have another party is fitting for everything including the arrival of this super looking hat made just for him!

59d2079ba0f019258cb1cd2a9e4af54f.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours

"Holy Batman"!!! I should check out Batsakes website!

Batsakes doesn't have a website. Mr. Miller is pretty old school. He's 89 years old. I was talking with him yesterday, and my wife mentioned eBay and Etsy and he was unclear as to what they were. He operates in person and by phone. I'm lucky enough to have him within an hour of my house and, since I've been wearing and collecting hats, it's been my desire to have him make a hat for me. So yesterday, I finally ordered one from him.

He's a gem of a guy, but not a modernist, that's for certain.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
"Holy Batman"!!! I should check out Batsakes website!

Yeah , Gus Miller and Batsakes Hat Shop doesn't have a website . Its call or come see us , that's it .

Batsakes doesn't have a website. Mr. Miller is pretty old school. He's 89 years old. I was talking with him yesterday, and my wife mentioned eBay and Etsy and he was unclear as to what they were. He operates in person and by phone. I'm lucky enough to have him within an hour of my house and, since I've been wearing and collecting hats, it's been my desire to have him make a hat for me. So yesterday, I finally ordered one from him.

He's a gem of a guy, but not a modernist, that's for certain.

Sounds like a Super Great Guy . He'd be like Peters Brothers if he did ; I think he likes the Old Way of doing Business . I'd have those Photos of you and Gus Framed Fruno . That was Great ! I know you've got others , I'm sure . Great Picture !

Thanks, Michael. Yes, Mr. Miller is a gem. Fun to talk to; we talked everything from hats to Chinese imports of children's toys! Always good to go in there. And he doesn't suffer from not being in the digital age. The place was hopping when I was there, with people buying, trying on, and walking out with their Batsakes boxes.

I'm very excited about getting one of his customs on my head. And the 2 week wait? Shoot, that's nuttin'!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters