Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Great stuff gentlemen. Wonderful weather too! I took a long walk today and wore this old milk chocolate "hand tooled edge" Resistol. It's lightweight and very comfortable.

d480b5a1.jpg

still trying to get used to this new format, I think it's a little harder to read...

but anyway, I'm wearing my French (but made in america) modern Flechet. it fits great, but I'm not 100% in love with the way it looks on me. I think it will end up in the discard pile. I've played with the crease a little and the brim, but it never was "love at first site" like it was with my campdraft, cavanaugh, and Empire State hats...

IMAG0344.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Try switching to "default style" using the drop down at the very bottom left of any given page. IMO, it makes everything much easier to read and use.

MadDawg

Familiar Face
Gorgeous weather today in Dallas.....so it's my Akubra Squatter Featherweight with modified edge (cut to 2 3/8"). Other than my Custom VS, it is my most conmfortable lid!!

DSCN2955.jpg
[/IMG]

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gorgeous weather today in Dallas.....so it's my Akubra Squatter Featherweight with modified edge (cut to 2 3/8"). Other than my Custom VS, it is my most conmfortable lid!!

DSCN2955.jpg

I'm pretty envious of this great-looking Squatter, especially since the results of my own Squatter chop-job were less than satisfactory (i.e. it would have been helpful to be certain at the time whether or not smaller brims work with me head shape and size...they don't).

All in all, you did a VERY nice job, and the color looks great. My own Squatter is too round for my LongOval head, so I don't enjoy wearing it as much as the other Akubras I own...

theinterchange

One Too Many
That hat has much better proportions with the cutdown brim. Looks great

I heartily agree that Squatters look better trimmed down. And this is one of the best ones I've seen. I can't remember what the story behind the "featherweight" felt is [I believe it's just called something different now?], but I'd be interested in owning one.

Randy

Neophyte

To be fair, everyone, the Squatter is not "technically" meant to be a fedora. Just look at the pic of the Squatter on EverythingAustralian.com.au, or that pic someone posted a while back with a cattleman's crease.

It's a country hat, the saving grace being that it comes open crown so we can do whatever we want to it :p !

Neophyte

I can't remember what the story behind the "featherweight" felt is [I believe it's just called something different now?], but I'd be interested in owning one.

I think it's now called "Superfine", and mostly sold without a liner, although there seem to be exceptions. I believe it's mostly sold by Australian retailers, like YatesMensWear. Some here have found a few on eBay as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner