Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Dolly you are too cute!

I like Crimson by Natural Collection, it's a nice bright red and not drying at all. I usually blot it, lock it on with Lipcoate and then put a red Natural Collection gloss over the top. Then I need only top up the gloss and the lipstick stays put all night. I used to wear Dior's Holiday Red but I found it goes a bit pink as it wears off... :(

Antje

One Too Many
After a really big search i finnaly got me a MAC russian red, love the color
it was so expensive that it wil be my lipstick for special occasions
there are here in holland only three stores to buy mac make-up :(
so I'm glad i found one

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I got a new holy grail red!!

Make Up Store (swedish brand)

Lipstick in Devil

Gorgeus bluishred lipstick, but darker than bright red. Creamy and slightly matte. it is THE color I have been looking for, I tried MAC because I wanted a darker shade than Russian Red & Viva Glam I, but the ones darker from MAC was too brown on me.. then THIS is the one!!

the picture doesn't do it justice at all!! it is amazing on!! very pigmented, but not drying. it is a tad creamier than it looks, I am standing in some wierd backlighted part of my livingroom.

Foto87.jpg

Smuterella

One Too Many
I just got Max Factor "Flame" (via eBay - I haven't seen it in a shop here) its a long lasting most incredibly matte red, so far it doesn't seem too drying. I'm in love.

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
I got a new holy grail red!!

Make Up Store (swedish brand)

Lipstick in Devil

Gorgeus bluishred lipstick, but darker than bright red. Creamy and slightly matte. it is THE color I have been looking for, I tried MAC because I wanted a darker shade than Russian Red & Viva Glam I, but the ones darker from MAC was too brown on me.. then THIS is the one!!

the picture doesn't do it justice at all!! it is amazing on!! very pigmented, but not drying. it is a tad creamier than it looks, I am standing in some wierd backlighted part of my livingroom.

Foto87.jpg
i know this brand, they have very good products and afordable too. they make a great gloss called pot-gloss, it's a creamy lipcolour with a little shimmer, but i also like to use it as a blush to give cheeks a natural glowing look . they also make a very good cake eyeliner, that can be used both as an eyeliner and to fill in your brows ;)

Lillemor

One Too Many
I really need to get into a city. There are some products of Make up store I want to try. I no longer see a quality and texture difference between MAC and brand like Maybelline and MF. I don't have a drying problem with Rimmel either and the Heather Shimmer is a lipstick stable.

I don't wear bluish reds well but I like the one Darhling is wearing.

Lillemor

One Too Many
dollydaydream said:
This is my favourite;

DSC00021.jpg

Rimmel 166 - Temptation with the Maybelline moisture extreme lip liner in 56 - Red Glam.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

The lipstick, hair and necklace look great!

lizylou

Familiar Face
dollydaydream said:
This is my favourite;

Rimmel 166 - Temptation with the Maybelline moisture extreme lip liner in 56 - Red Glam.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

I have Rimmel's -Temptation, except it looks more pink toned on me just like this Wet n Wild cherry blossom color
DSC06974_edited.jpg

Kassia

One of the Regulars
My favorite is Maybelline Superstay lipcolor in Ruby(715) with a pinkish lip balm (Labello) over top...
For dance makeup and glamour events i put MAC Russian Red lipglass over it..
I really like the MAC lip stain too but it's so much more expensive.. Don't like to wear regular lipstick cause you have to reapply it too much.. And i also don't like really goopy, shiney lip gloss either..
So after experamenting with things i found a combination that works nicely for me...

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
Oh dear, I was putting together a list of reds I have picked up in the last several months and didn't realize how bad I have been! And to think I have been eyeing a few more red lippies (29 reserves & Shu Uemura). Sigh. I guess I'll have to put those plans on hold for the time being.

Mac Diva: trying to match a nail polish I picked up
maclsdivam.jpg

Mac Port Red: too frosty, maybe I can blend it with another to make it work...
maclsportredfle.jpg

Nars Russian Doll
narsrussiandollx.jpg

Nars Scarlett Empress
narsscarlettempressx.jpg

Nars Viridiana
narsviridianax.jpg

Sephora Kat Von D Hellbent
sephorakatvondhellbent.jpg

And also last weekend I picked up Mac Classic Dame Mattene at the outlets (CCO). Not sure if that one is going to work with my skintone. I'll have to try again in winter when I'm paler. Oh and after buying and returning several that didn't suit, I found a pink I like: Dior Dolce Vita Pink (555).

If there are any you want to see on, pls let me know and I'll try to take a pic!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Pina Bridgette, I'd love to see pics of you wearing the Nars reds! Scarlet Empress looks like a lovely burgundy/brick red.
And don't worry about your excessive lipstick shopping, this way we can all profit from it ;)

mugsy

New in Town
Just wanted to take the time to thank you ladies for all of your posts here. You've given me much inspiration to go lipstick shopping again - especially for some great reds! :D

As far as what I like, I'm not much of a wearer right now so brand is not important to me at the moment, but brick or orangy reds seem to work much better for me. About 20 minutes after applying "regular" reds, they turn either purple or fuschia! lol Too much blue for me, I guess...

Thanks again!!

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
Gah! I had such a hard time getting this pics right. The bit of sun I had went away as I was taking snaps. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the others...

Thank you for the encouragement Shrinking Violet! (Not so) Shockingly, I found 2 other lippies I had gotten off ebay but forgot about and not yet tried...

Nars Scarlett Empress - a real winner! surprisingly redder than the swatch would lead you to believe
narsscarlettempressx.jpg

narsscarlettempress.jpg

Nars Viridiana - very similar to Scarlett Empress but a little brighter
narsviridianax.jpg

narsviridiana.jpg

Nars Russian Doll - not quite as glossy irl. a little darker and definitely not as red as the swatch.
narsrussiandollx.jpg

narsrussiandoll.jpg

Mugsy - It's so much fun trying them all out, good luck on your quest!

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
Glamour-girl, I was wondering what lipstick you're using in your avatar. Looks amazing on you. I also have black hair and dark eyes and your skin tone is similar to mine. Perhaps the lipstick you are using would go great on me too?

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
I absolutely love Ruby Woo, but it dried out on me! Has anyone else had this happen? It's so dry and cakey that I can't even wear it anymore, I can't even get lip brush to work with it.

That was my last red, now I have none. I am gonna have to go lipstick shopping and there are some great suggestions on here!

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
Vix Vixen said:
Glamour-girl, I was wondering what lipstick you're using in your avatar. Looks amazing on you. I also have black hair and dark eyes and your skin tone is similar to mine. Perhaps the lipstick you are using would go great on me too?

thanks, it's chanel's 65 fire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR