Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your vintage dream purchase??

Wild Root

Gone Home
Jack Scorpion said:
Suit: Modeled by John Dos Passos below. 1930s.
dospassos.jpg

That's 1930's?[huh] It looks more "Three's Company" then anything else.lol

Come and knock on our door, we've been waiting for you...lol

=WR=

ramblinBOB

One of the Regulars
a 1927 model a2 thompson sub machine gun pistol with a 100 round drum
1928 caddy 4 door sadan black
1957 chrysler 300 D red
1933 ross royce
vintage 40s ZOOT SUIT
20s oxford baggies 36 waist
20s oxford suit
pre 1920s edwardian era mens sack suits
edwardian mens ankle boots 12 d
a young women that likes vintage golden era clothing and life style like me :cry: lol cool:

Mojito

One Too Many
On the acheivable front, I'm looking for the perfect beaded and sequined 20s dress. I'm willing to invest in it, but it has to be the right one - completely drenched in light, looking like a flame or a column of liquid. If it has a matching bandeau or headress, of course, I'd be even more pleased.

An original 20s - 30s house wouldn't go astray...with original features. Ceilings...leadlights...ah! I'll be looking for a place to buy in the next couple of years, and an Art Deco flat is top of the list. I lived in one in London, and loved it.

For the fantasy element...a collection of chryselephantine sculptures by Chiparus and Preiss! (Maybe some Lorenzl and Colinet as well).

Elaina

One Too Many
LOL, you better get to beading then Mojito. I had an unworn flapper dress that I spent 78 hours (I timed it, because I spent ALOT of time with my old Aunt) repairing all the beadwork JUST from it being stored.

Really, I want what I've posted before, but the only thing I ever really wanted was a treadle since my mother selfishly wouldn't give me hers. My husband bought one for me a year ago.

Mojito

One Too Many
It must have looked sensational when you finished though, Elaine! (What did it look like?). I have a few beaded dresses from the period, but nothing utterly drenched in beads and sequins. I'm not too adept with restoration/repairs as it sounds like you are, though - I know enough to get by, and other than that I leave it to experts. Have a very basic job that's been waiting for over a year - replacing half a dozen large beads that have had the tops knocked off most of them. They're the centre of a geometric pattern on a sash waist.

Sorry...that's veering towards :eek:fftopic: ... dangle shiny things like beads in front of me and that's what happens.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
My personal dream list

1. Beautiful Moderne Art Deco House, all original features. With original furniture designed for the house in place.

2. Old people who had lived there leave everything behind and it includes a whole wardrobe in my size! Including the shoes!!! All gorgeous 1930s stuff. Also 1930s tailor made mens suits for the BF who can never have enough suits. Also wardrobes in every room for all our things.

3. The BF finally lets me have a dog. Meanie.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I don't mean to be 'odd'.....but I'd like to have the 'peace of mind' we like to pretend we had in the 50's, as well as the slower/simpler times they seemed to be. They weren't, but as a kid growing up, I didn't know any different.[huh] lol

Watch the movie 'A Christmas Story', and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. I lived those type growing up experiences. I was the little brother.;) That's how I remember those days, even though the time period of the film was 1940, nothing changed in my hometown until the mid 60's. I miss those days.:(

Regards! Michaelson

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
my dreams are all too big.
I want a diner.
I settle for
IMG_2758.jpg

which I got at an antique mall

whice possibly came off this diner, though I'll never know for sure. I do know it came off of a worcester diner built in the '20's which now sits somewhere in Maine. This seems to fit the bill.
minutemandinerME02.jpg

minutemandinerME04.jpg

panamag8or

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
LD, you have exquisite taste in films (and film posters!)

Let's see, my dreams -- well, if there's one thing I'm good at, it's daydreaming, so --

First off, I'd like to have my own Vintage Media Empire. I'd start off with my own radio station, which would emphasize live local programming -- a full news staff and other air talent, live musical programming, and most of all live drama in the evenings. I'd also furnish it in high thirties style -- think the RCA Building before it went to seed.

I'd also want a vintage movie theatre -- perhaps on the ground floor of my broadcasting building. Plenty of floor seating, a big balcony, and an organ that rises out of the floor on a platform to play before each performance. The film policy would be classic features all the way, always accompanied by appropriate shorts. And because I'd have infinite wealth in this fantasy world, admission prices would also be period appropriate -- 50 cent ceiling for evening performances and matinees for a quarter.

As for living space, I'd buy a classic Victorian duplex, which I'd share with my best friend. Plenty of room for both of us, and I'd furnish my side in totally vintage style.

And for transportation, I'd like a nice, snappy late-30's business coupe. Nothing ostentatious, a Ford or a Plymouth or a Chevrolet would be fine. After all, we don't want to get out of hand with all this daydreaming....

But the reality is I'm a poor working gal, scraping along from week to week. So I won't ever have any of this -- but maybe someday I'll get lucky and find a nice pair of classy '40s pumps in my size! That would be a nice buy...

Can I come work for your radio station? I even have radio news experience.:)

Grace

Vendor
What cool old diner!!! I'd love to have something like that to restore...that would be a dream purchase.

But, my major vintage dream purchase would be a 1930s Chanel evening gown. DH bought me a big Chanel book, and her 30s gowns are divine. So gorgeous they bring tears to my eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24