Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Hard to believe, but Schott is perfectly capable of making a jacket that actually fits good - or rather, one that doesn't fit like a tube. At least I think mine fits well. CM1 cafe racer. Oh, and yeah, a thousand dollars leather jacket paired with a $3 department store jeans that my girlfriend bought me at a thrift store because she loved the way they looked in the window. Probably stone washed too though I've no clue what that means. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

And so is this

I've literally worn every jacket I own these last two weeks. And since I have more vacation, I'm going to keep on doing it.
I've rediscovered that sometimes, it's the "lesser" items that are better for something, and there was a reason I bought them in the first place. I think my small collection is serving me better than when I had way more. If I find something is no longer suiting me, I flip it or likely just give it away to a local charity. I saw a show last night and a guy was wearing an N-1, so I pulled that out today to wear as it's raining a bit...

TPD166

One Too Many
Today I am wearing my Cooper A-2 that I bought new about 1993 or 1994. It came with Velcro for a nametag, which I removed after a few years; but since you could still (sort of) see where the Velcro had been stitched, I decided to add a WW-II nametag. It was my one and only A-2 for many years, and while there now more expensive ones in the closet, I wish the others were as comfortable and had the same "patina" as this one.

JacketAddict

One of the Regulars
Avirex "Daytona Beach" - I usually don't like jackets with logos, slogans or brand names but somehow Avirex has a way of pulling it off.
Avirex-3.PNG
Avirex-2.PNG
Avirex-6.PNG
Avirex-1.PNG
DSC00684.JPG

jnovac1

New in Town
Going for groceries with the wifey. First time wearing my Langlitz Cascade. Birthday present to myself. Wait time was 4 weeks. Looks like it will take a few years of weekends to break in.
happy birthday, man. you don't look 70!

Marv

A-List Customer
Alpha MA-1 today as it's not cold enough for anything else at present, if fact I could probably get away with a G1 or even an A2 at the moment....damn this shitty mild UK weather.

A-1

One Too Many
Alpha MA-1 today as it's not cold enough for anything else at present, if fact I could probably get away with a G1 or even an A2 at the moment....damn this shitty mild UK weather.

It depends on what you're wearing underneath.... haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot