Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Too cold today for a leather jacket...

Gloverall Monty with my Sand VS

ce09b96066a9b1f5069e9213cc742236.jpg

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars

Bigger Don

Practically Family
It's a beater that I grab when I'm doing Winter work (garbage, shoveling, getting packages and mail) very useful! Needs an oil stain or two though for "character".
Know exactly what you mean. Bought a cream-colored silk sport coat a few years ago. Worn often, worn well...but never well-worn.

It's still in great shape, but I love it more because there are a few stains that look like grease but don't come out.

JacketAddict

One of the Regulars
Nice jacket - the color in the final image is quite different than the others - might it be due to the flash?

BTW, are those Vanson Wanderer leather jeans? I ask because I recently obtained a pair of El Paso leather jeans (On Sale!) which are similar but have the rear patch pockets vice the zip ones on yours.

Hi - yes I tried to get a true image of the awesome color using the flash - I can only describe it as a brownish cordovan(?). I have found taking pics of leather jackets to be challenging - as you can probably tell. :) Those are Langlitz "jeans" style. 2 front slide pockets and 2 rear zipper pockets.
Congrats on the Vanson El Paso's - you just can't go wrong with Vanson in my opinion - (once you get the sizing down.)
Cheers!

Last edited:

Bigger Don

Practically Family
It was MINUS 8 here this morning so... out came my Viet Nam era Southern Athletic N-3B Parka and B-5 cap. At least the wind died down.

Southern%20Athletic%20N-3B%202_zpszdswdhay.jpg

Can never get the snorkel hood quite right.... any tips? It ain't very "stylish" but form over function I say, particularly when it's below zero.

Worf
Had one of those, along with a pair of "bunny boots".

USAF wanted 'em all back. Hmmmm...how can yours be authentic without the hydraulic oil soaked in and the back of the upper sleeves not showing the stuffing through the rips from jagged pieces of B-52? :)

JacketAddict

One of the Regulars
Had one of those, along with a pair of "bunny boots".

USAF wanted 'em all back. Hmmmm...how can yours be authentic without the hydraulic oil soaked in and the back of the upper sleeves not showing the stuffing through the rips from jagged pieces of B-52? :)

I used to have an ancient helo landing gear jumpsuit we found buried deep in the bosun's locker on my ship (guided missile destroyer - USN) replete with a harness of orange blinking lights that snapped onto it and plugged into some sort of battery pack - should have kept that thing. :)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I used to have an ancient helo landing gear jumpsuit we found buried deep in the bosun's locker on my ship (guided missile destroyer - USN) replete with a harness of orange blinking lights that snapped onto it and plugged into some sort of battery pack - should have kept that thing. :)
Never know when it might come in handy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley