Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Found this gem today, unbelievable Schott sample jacket from back in the day. It's a transition model between the regular-back 674 to the current G1-back 184SM, needless to say the Schott 674 is a classic, adorned by Lou Reed and Kurt Russel, a 50s-70s NYC phenomenon, started with steerhide and shearling lining, to steerhide/cowhide fake shearling lining, to diamond quilt lining, then to the current zip out pile 184SM. BUTTTTTTT, THIS IS THE MISSING LINK! A 674 WITH A 184SM BACK, IN ITALIAN HORSEHIDE!!!!

This is an insanely phenomenal jacket. I bought it locally for a joke of a price and only meant to hock it as it was a size 46 but I was floored with the kind of leather it was made of. I know Schott flight jacket isn't as historically accurate as some other but this jacket is of such extreme quality that I don't think I ever saw a jacket, any jacket that surpassed this 674. It's extremely heavy, the HH is way over 3 oz. Right, Reg? Closer to 4 if anything. The jacket is a tank.

Anyway, my best friend saw it and fell in love with it 'cause he wanted Avirex flight jacket all his life so I gave it to him as a birthday gift (but only on an agreement that if he ever decides to part with it, I'm getting it back! XD ). Saddest part is that he still wants Avirex A-2, 'cause of the patches. -_-;

konadog

Practically Family
Mister Freedom Continental Sportcoat in Indigo Cross Hatch Twill.

ContinentalHatch-2.jpg
ContinentalHatch-3.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I"m sorry to say that I don't know exactly what the pants are. I'm fairly sure they are northern European ex-army, but I haven't been able to find an exact match to them. They are around 22 oz fulled wool with internal side adjusters, suspender buttons and inside d-rings and button fly. A very nice winter pant in my mind.

Michael

Reactions: A-1

A-1

One Too Many
I"m sorry to say that I don't know exactly what the pants are. I'm fairly sure they are northern European ex-army, but I haven't been able to find an exact match to them. They are around 22 oz fulled wool with internal side adjusters, suspender buttons and inside d-rings and button fly. A very nice winter pant in my mind.

Michael

They fit you perfectly well and look superb!!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
They fit you perfectly well and look superb!!
Thanks. They were a serendipitous find at a local thrift. I got two pairs of these and a pair of really nice Swedish whipcords. I'm going to keep searching pictures of different countries uniforms to see if I can figure them out. If anyone knows I would like to hear.

Michael

Reactions: A-1
Okay, laugh it up.
Yesterday. No, I'm not off to the Blue Oyster Bar. It was for an Americana themed... rocker... thing Christmas party at the local pub. So always going against the system (lol!) instead of a Perfecto and rolled up jeans cuffs, figured I'd Ton it up a bit. LL Phantom and ancient HH pants. Sweater is actually old and UK made. XD

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Okay, laugh it up.
Yesterday. No, I'm not off to the Blue Oyster Bar. It was for an Americana themed... rocker... thing Christmas party at the local pub. So always going against the system (lol!) instead of a Perfecto and rolled up jeans cuffs, figured I'd Ton it up a bit. LL Phantom and ancient HH pants. Sweater is actually old and UK made. XD

Very stylish biker look - ah, to be young enough to wear such gear again!

Technonut

Practically Family
Finally, a nice, mild day for an A-2. :) This one is a vintage American Eagle Leather A-2 I picked-up on the Bay recently. KILLER 'crusty' goatskin, which is close to period originals. Made in the USA by a person named 'H. Chait', around 20+ years ago or so.

H. Chait made a damn fine A-2 here IMO.. :cool: Wartime pattern, great pocket-flap scallops, pocket / epaulet placement, Talon zipper, collar-stand, single-piece back, 2 piece arms, etc.. I like the collar shape as well. The knits & lining are the only bones I have to pick with it. Definitely an outstanding 'knock-around' keeper. ;)

DSCF0090%202_zpsv4n8dusj.jpg

DSCF0077_zps1zrxnwjq.jpg

DSCF0078_zpslgdnqrqo.jpg

Cooperson

One Too Many
IMG_2712.JPG

It's very rare I show my ugly mug but its difficult to crop your head off with a high collared coat and hey it's Christmas. Beautiful sunny Boxing Day but a keen wind so perfect peacoat weather! This is a 1962 38", which fits well with just a shirt, I have 40" for when it's sweater weather but the Kersey on this one is very special. Special thanks to Mr Peacoat @Peacoat for help and advise.

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Okay, laugh it up.

A rockin' look for sure and you are rockin' it.

Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany