Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They're vents for riding when it's warmer. They look ridiculous when open with the jacket zipped (they poof out and make me look pregnant) so I doubt I'll ever open them when not riding.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Would you believe me if I said I'm suddenly looking forward to it literally as much as you do? Details, DETAILS!! It's gonna have a mandarin collar, right? Please tell me it's gonna have a mandarin collar!

Thanks Ivan. Yes, mandarian collar. Brown Shinki. A hair longer than standard. The biggest tweak is to the sleeve width. The Kensington has VERY narrow sleeves at the wrist. Himel is widening the sleeves at the wrist -- he is also adding leather webbing underneath the zipper (the exposed zipper does not work for me). The only thing I am on the fence about is the stitching. I generally prefer matching stitching -- IMHO, it is more versatile. That said, contrast stitching on a brown cafe racer is really sharp and livens things up.

Matching:

3885e18f5627cb70a9b713977cce2803.jpg

Contrast:

dsc_0876.jpg

Matching:

e34bb9f66e77efc713b066bad0c3a447.jpg

Contrast:

HB_BLK_01.JPG

Thanks Ivan. Yes, mandarian collar. Brown Shinki. A hair longer than standard. The biggest tweak is to the sleeve width. The Kensington has VERY narrow sleeves at the wrist. Himel is widening the sleeves at the wrist -- he is also adding leather webbing underneath the zipper (the exposed zipper does not work for me). The only thing I am on the fence about is the stitching. I generally prefer matching stitching -- IMHO, it is more versatile. That said, contrast stitching on a brown cafe racer is really sharp and livens things up.

Matching:

3885e18f5627cb70a9b713977cce2803.jpg

Contrast:

dsc_0876.jpg

Matching:

e34bb9f66e77efc713b066bad0c3a447.jpg

Contrast:

HB_BLK_01.JPG

Fantastic!!! I cannot wait!

Ah, the sleeve zippers are gonna have a webbing underneath, right? That's a good mod. I had a CR with open sleeve zips and they'd seriously chew on any shirt I wore underneath so as cool as it looks, it got tedious pretty fast. But it's undeniably cool.

I was thinking about contrast stitching for my Aero but was advised that it's not really worth it on cordovan/brown jackets, provided the thread isn't of a much lighter shade than the hide. Like, white or something. So I went with just a matching, brown thread which ultimately I do not regret in the least bit. But I guess I'd be happy either way. Kensington has a lot more stitching detail going on - double stitching on pockets, sleeve zips, etc. - so contrast might be a good idea if you want to accentuate that. It's such a beautiful jacket.

Make sure to go with chain pulls for the pockets. With zippers that are completely covered with piping like that, the normal zipper pulls will just stick out in place.

willyto

One Too Many
Received this double breasted ~1940s leather jacket with leather buttons 1-2 weeks ago. Probably German or French judging by the lack of crazy yokes. No label inside but moleskin liner and also in the pockets. Wearing just a flanell shirt from SJC underneath but I can fit a thick jumper which is the reason I bought it, a colder weather leather coat:

iWzButr.jpg

If anyone want close ups the seller did a great job taking them, the contrast stitching is beautiful.

Received this double breasted ~1940s leather jacket 1-2 weeks ago. Probably German or French judging by the lack of crazy yokes. No label inside but moleskin liner and also in the pockets. Wearing just a flanell shirt from SJC underneath but I can fit a thick jumper which is the reason I bought it, a colder weather leather coat:

iWzButr.jpg

Extremely cool! Rare to see one of these with sufficiently long sleeves. Shoulders are 10/10.

willyto

One Too Many
Extremely cool! Rare to see one of these with sufficiently long sleeves. Shoulders are 10/10.

Thank you! I'm not used to such structured shoulders and the jacket has padding so it feilt weird at first but I love it. It's a very different style than what I'm used to, out of my comfort zone.

The seller did a fantastic job with the pictures and the measurements, it was very easy to check if it would fit or not, sleeves are the right lenght for my taste.

The back has a belt that is in fixed position, I forgot to take a photo now that I think of it:

ndSDHTq.jpg

The detail on the stitching:

YEEEW87.jpg

udHZlGS.jpg

Good Wear Imperial (check out the wrinkling sleeves -- any more wrinkles and I might have to replace it with a new one -- j/k):

Goodwear%20Imperial%20104_zps5zmq2icb.jpg

@ton312 Pose (I need to workout):

Goodwear%20Imperial%20105_zpsd1igfzcx.jpg
LOOOOL...Oh man you had me spit up my coffee this morning. That's good stuff. It's funny because it's true. I do ball my fists up in almost every pic. Don't be trying to thieve on my blue steel.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thank you! I'm not used to such structured shoulders and the jacket has padding so it feilt weird at first but I love it. It's a very different style than what I'm used to, out of my comfort zone.

The seller did a fantastic job with the pictures and the measurements, it was very easy to check if it would fit or not, sleeves are the right lenght for my taste.

The back has a belt that is in fixed position, I forgot to take a photo now that I think of it:

ndSDHTq.jpg

The detail on the stitching:

YEEEW87.jpg

udHZlGS.jpg
That is a very cool jacket Willyto.

Today it was windy and warm enough for the deerskin to come out.
2-12-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1230501 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It was a bit tight over the Icelandic sweater, but biking season started for me yesterday, so hopefully it won't be too tight soon. Ha ha.
P1230497 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

A lot of great jackets here today. Enjoy the dregs of the weekend.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That's a really cool and fun jacket, Michael! Excellent color and looks like a really great pattern! Heavy too.

Vanson E.

Thank you sir. I just noticed when I pulled it out of the closet today how much it weighed. I don't think they shaved this hide down much at all.

Your Vanson is super sweet.

Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner