Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What women think of mens hairdo's?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
OK ladies - lets hear it:
What are you looking for? What do you like - and what do you not like?
Long or short? Absolute billardball? Ponytales - are they out?
Greasy or dry? Any colours are better, more interesting, sexier than others - and what about men using colours or bleach?
And what about us bald ones?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I usually prefer clean-cut. There are only a few men, IMO, who can pull off the long-hair look successfully. If I see a guy with long, greasy, damaged hair, it immediately turns me off.

And I think bald men are some of the sexiest around!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Well, my husband is bald and I couldn't care less! It must really bother him tho. One night I cut his hair and put the clippings back on top and I showed him how silly he'd look if he had his hair back. He agreed!

I don't like long hair, like the shags that are in today, or esp. like really long/ponytails, ect.

Very clean cut does it for me, with a light pomade, very light gel, or nothing at all. I also like the cesaer cuts with the front flipped up.

Don't care about color, however if it's blond and you're greasing it down you might need hilights so it doesn't look "dirty".

Whatever style it is, just keep it up. I think a lot of men don't get their hair trimmed as often as they should. Probably not many of the ones on the loung tho!
Nikki

Josephine

One Too Many
Color wise-- dark. Brown or black. Red is ok, blond is right out. ;)

Length/style, down to the shoulders is ok too, as long as it isn't a mullet. Not too fond of a crew cut. Cary Grant's hair cut is quite nice. Bald can be quite sexy, though it depends on the guy. Patrick Stewart, yum!

Since growing my hair long, I don't assume that "greasy" looking hair is really greasy and dirty. Though when it is... bleh. Dry or "wet", both are good.

Foofoogal

Banned
This thread made me laugh. For sure I don't like greasy dirty hair on anyone but my honey is very self conscious as he is balding in front. I also could care less. If anything I now have a perfect place to plant a big kiss.
I honestly don't think women care about mens hair.
Honey used to wear either a beard or moustache constantly. Now he will not as they will be gray if he grows them out and his hair is still dark brown. I love to see men with brown hair and gray facial hair. Pooh.

Oh, I forgot. Nothing is as stupid looking as a bald head with a ponytail in back. Sorry.
Generally a clean cut does it for me though when young it was the style of longer hair on men. I was always attracted to dark haired guys and think I only dated one blond.
Oh, and a bit off topic but they also had to have chest hair.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
IMHO, if a guy is going bald, he should just take what hair he has left and cut it short. We're not living in the days of Ben Franklin.

I like short and trim best--if it suits the guy. If his ears stick out, a little extra hair can cover that up. Whitewalls give a man a military look, which I like; a little more hair looks more polished--also good.

Long hair needs the right attitude to go with it. Simply wearing the same long hairdo you've worn since you graduated from high school in 1989 isn't it.

A few dislikes: All-over stubble. Crew cuts. Dreadlocks. Unkempt hair. Too much hair product. Hair that sticks straight forward--try some gel or a different cut.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I don't care how a man wears his hair, as long as he doesn't look stupid. Not a fan of long hair, but I have seen men, like Joe Dallesandro, who looked beautiful with it, but that is probably because men like Joe Dallesandro look beautiful in anything. I don't give much thought to hair, or clothes, or occupation, as long as a man is attractive to me.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Pilotguy299 said:
Which is your preference? clean shaved? mustache? beard? goatee? long sideburns? anything else ... [huh]

I hate mustaches. :eek: I like facial hair if it is scraggly, and I really like sideburns. I get grossed out when guys name their facial hair and it involves the suffix -tickler. Perverts. :rolleyes:

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I hate moustaches, too :eek: I used to really like sideburns, but I don't care much about them these days. I like zero facial hair now.

As for hair on the head, I like it short. I like it neatly parted and bit "nerdy" and/or "old fashioned." Receding hairlines always did it for me, too -- I don't know why. And I admit I still have a weakness for a pomp from my rockabilly days!! :)

I don't care for asymetrical "emo" dos or long hair.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Honestly - I like a bit of a pomp with a bit of product. Drives me wild. But I have adored bald men as well. If one is in the process of loosing their hair - I think it looks best with a tighter cut. I have lately found that I adored the salt and pepper crowd more and more.

As for color, I think I tend to generalize what I think about someone based on their haircolor rather than their hairstyle. I don't know if it's based on my silly little dating experiences or what. Redheads have been the artists to me and generally the nice guys. Blondes are a bit of the bad boys. Brunettes win me in the end and have always been more affectionate. Again - total generalizations - but that's what you were looking for right?

Facial hair depends on the fellow. I like longer sideburns though. I could care less about goatees but my BF has one and I cannot imagine his face without it. Beards can be sexy showing up after a long absence (picture hunting or fishing outings with the fellas) but for long term - they hurt! Facial hair really depends on the attitude of the guy wearing it. If it were me - this is the place where I would experiment with my look. Fortunately as a woman though - not much of an issue.:p

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Amy Jeanne said:
I hate moustaches, too :eek: I used to really like sideburns, but I don't care much about them these days. I like zero facial hair now.

As for hair on the head, I like it short. I like it neatly parted and bit "nerdy" and/or "old fashioned." Receding hairlines always did it for me, too -- I don't know why. And I admit I still have a weakness for a pomp from my rockabilly days!! :)

I don't care for asymetrical "emo" dos or long hair.

...What she said.

"Emo" hair is one of the most unattractive trends for males right now, in my opinion. What kind of message are you giving to the world by hiding behind messy, lank hair?

Product is fine, in moderation. I used to get really grossed out in middle school by this guy who sat in front of me on the school bus. At the end of the day he would start to sweat, and his hair style sort of melted away, slowly...Not a fan of gel-flakes, either. Pomade is just dandy.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Clean-cut - no facial hair. If you use more product than me, we have a problem. If you have more color on your hair than me, we have a problem. Very few men can really sport the long hair or dreadlocks. If you are that sexy - than it's ok :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Keep it looking good, different head types can pull of different looks, just the same for women. A very attractive friend of mine came to work the other day with the Ceasar cut, I just about cried. He usually has it a bit longer on top. That is the one cut I can't stand. I think it takes me back to childhood days of the bowl cut.
As for facial hair, some guys look good in it some dont, and some look better with than with out.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Any facial hair on anyone is out for me - I can't stand it. Hair on your head, I prefer dark haired men with a bit of a pomp. That being said, any man with just about any hair style (but a pony tail) or bald looks good when he's healthy, confident and most of all, happy. Well there's my 2 cents.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
If he has hair, its fine.

If he doesn't have hair, thats also fine.

If he uses what hair he has left, grown long, to pretend he has more hair...thats not fine.

Beyond that, different things look good on different men.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn