Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What women think of mens hairdo's?

pgoat

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
If he has hair, its fine.

If he doesn't have hair, thats also fine.

If he uses what hair he has left, grown long, to pretend he has more hair...thats not fine.

Beyond that, different things look good on different men.

that sums it up quite nicely!

it's nice to hear bald isn't an automatic turnoff. I still kinda wish I had hair like Cary Grant (not to mention everything else, while we're at it!) but I've heard enough women say bald is okay where it rarely bugs me anymore. It is tough on a guy when he first starts to lose his hair, especially at a young age. but hey - there's far worse things!;)

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
Shudder. Don't cry for the stash.

As I am sometimes called upon to groom men, I will wax the hair out of your ears. I will wax the hair out of your nose.

But for goodness sakes, as facial hair is "iffy" anyway, please have some definition between your moustache and nose hair.

I wasn't opposed to a well trimmed moustache until I saw one too many go right up some man's nose. Or rather a facial style that grew right out of his nose. Arrrg.

Also the cesar thing is ugly. Didn't look good on Julius, didn't look good on Augustus, and it doesn't look good on you. AND THAT MEANS YOU TOO, MR. CLOONEY.

There I feel better now. I think I'll have a cup of tea.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I like clean cut styles. No long hairs for me. It is a rule of mine that no man should have prettier hair than me. Not a fan of facial hair, but depending on the gent, I can work with it. I like short hair that is longer on top -- great for pomps. I also go a bit weak in the knees for gents that have curl/wave to their hair. Here are some examples of favourite styles of mine.

Note the curly tops. The curls are loose like waves. Hair like this makes my heart skip a beat!
Chaplin397.jpg

menhairstyle4.jpg

1863238679_1cb8526778.jpg

Long on top, shorter or slicked sides... I adore.
11-p13.jpg

PowerJrb.jpg

Turbo_rz.jpg

And of course... a shaped greaser pomp is always a favourite.
chris-isaak-big.jpg

I like dark and blonde hair, but will find myself attracted to redheads as well. But the hair color that makes me melt like no other... salt and pepper hair. THUD! If I see a man who's going grey... Rawr! I am head over heels for the grey!
ClooneyGeorgeAG166003194_400.jpg

Brinybay

Practically Family
Miss Crisplock said:
Shudder. Don't cry for the stash.

Also the cesar thing is ugly. Didn't look good on Julius, didn't look good on Augustus, and it doesn't look good on you.

There I feel better now. I think I'll have a cup of tea.

I deleted my post (along with the pics) since it seemed to revolt you so much. FYI, I don't wear a "Caesar". It doesn't even come close, my hair is straight, short, parted and combed to the sides and back. You need glasses and a few lessons in "vintage" manners! Men have feelings too, deary! :mad:

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Well poo, I didn't get to see your picture! Put it back, pretty please? [huh]
Are you sure she meant YOU, or "you" as in men in general?
Nikki
Brinybay said:
I deleted my post (along with the pics) since it seemed to revolt you so much. FYI, I don't wear a "Caesar". It doesn't even come close, my hair is straight, short, parted and combed to the sides and back. You need glasses and a few lessons in "vintage" manners! Men have feelings too, deary! :mad:

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gentlemen's hair

should look like it belongs on a gentleman. And since I am stuck in the 30s, that means, short, trimmed, neat. I liked long hair on men in the 70s... but this is another life.
Balding is cool. It means high levels of testosterone, which bodes well for romance... but comb-overs are the world's biggest turnoff.
I am not crazy for facial hair at all - it's nice on my dad, but on other men? Please. I don't want to date my dad! Beards creep me out that way.
But, if my handsome Mexican husband was to grow a small mustache, like Don Ameche (mmm...), I wouldn't object.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
Brinybay said:

I think she was replying to Pretty Faythe's post about a gut with a "Caeser" haircut *shrugs*

What is a "caeser" haircut anyway?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Caesar

It's the flat against the head choppy bangs look that Clooney sported on ER.
gc10.jpg

Called the Caesar as it is similar to the way Julius Caesar wore his.
0JuliusCaesar.jpg

D

Deleted member 3716

I absolutely adore moustaches.
hair-wise, i like the long on top,short back and sides style.
clark gable, basically...

i also have a soft spot for dark,shaggy haired indie boys.
scraggy beard optional.

Edward

Bartender
Foofoogal said:
Oh, I forgot. Nothing is as stupid looking as a bald head with a ponytail in back. Sorry.

Ah, yes.... the skullet. Shave it off, Riff Raff....

Oh, and a bit off topic but they also had to have chest hair.

At the last count i had approixmately 37 chest hairs, and I'm very proud of each and every one. :p I must get that from my mother's side of the family - Dad's like a wookie. I swear there's a silver line down his back....

pgoat said:
it's nice to hear bald isn't an automatic turnoff. I still kinda wish I had hair like Cary Grant (not to mention everything else, while we're at it!) but I've heard enough women say bald is okay where it rarely bugs me anymore. It is tough on a guy when he first starts to lose his hair, especially at a young age. but hey - there's far worse things!;)

Eh. I was gutted when the hair started going (it was the only thing about me physically that ever a woman complimented me on). I'd dearly love to be able to sport a quiff nowadays..... but hey ho. nothing ot be done but wheek off what's left of it and be done! As you say, there are worse things. Had I woken up one morning in the future and discovered I'd inadvetently been sporting a sweepover for years and never noticed it, I'd really have to kill myself.

Sunny

One Too Many
I can't stand it long. Long = hanging over the ears or way over the collar. Makes me really yearn for cold scissor steel in my hand...

Other than that, it's pretty much all good. Except the "acorn-cap" look that young boys sported in the 1990s. It looked so silly! And I haven't any problem with longer hair when it's appropriate, like in certain movie settings, or for historical re-creation.

My brothers have all had the caesar cut pretty much all of their lives, and I think it's great. Of course, they've all got high hairlines, and they do try to comb it away from the part. But two of them have thick, straight hair that persists in falling forward; and the third has hair so thick and curly (and comparatively short) that it doesn't make much of a difference.

My dad was going bald at 25, right about when I was born. So I've never minded a smooth head. :D

I don't have much of a preference about facial hair, either. Except that little goatee thing; I think it's ridiculous except when it's really done right.

I really care very little about color, too. I don't even notice greasiness or cleanliness, in particular! Unless something's really bad or overdone, I don't really notice; and I like it that way.

Edward said:
At the last count i had approixmately 37 chest hairs, and I'm very proud of each and every one. :p I must get that from my mother's side of the family - Dad's like a wookie. I swear there's a silver line down his back....

lol :eusa_clap lol

pgoat

One Too Many
Edward said:
Ah, yes.... the skullet. Shave it off, Riff Raff....

Eh. I was gutted when the hair started going (it was the only thing about me physically that ever a woman complimented me on). I'd dearly love to be able to sport a quiff nowadays..... but hey ho. nothing ot be done but wheek off what's left of it and be done! As you say, there are worse things. Had I woken up one morning in the future and discovered I'd inadvetently been sporting a sweepover for years and never noticed it, I'd really have to kill myself.

Just so the ladies understand - I think the combover begins quite innocently. I caught myself doing a modest one at one point, and immediately buzzed my hair shorter till no combover was necessary.

How the side part eventually winds up just on top of one's ears, I'll never know, but i imagine the diversion begins subtly and worsens over time. How any guy thinks that looks better than an egg head is beyond me. While I'm not thrilled at having lost lots of hair, I'd never consider the usual toupee/paint/transplant/grafts, etc. No offense to those who do, but I'll settle for a nice hat when needed for the elements, and my wahl clipper the rest of the time. Life's too short to worry about that stuff. Besides, every time I see Cary Grant and feel bad, I look at pics of Sean Connery or Patrick Stewart and I feel better instantly!:D

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Never trust a a man who combs his hair straight from his left armpit.

- Alice Roosevelt Longworth (speaking of the famous General McArthur combover)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Obviously, different things look better on different guys/fashion styles/facial types, but I like it clean on the sides and in back, long in front and greased back. It's all about the pomp. Oh, and I hate facial hair.

This is some good looking hair:

1560454308_l.jpg

The taller the hair, the closer to God.* *Does not apply to punk rockers

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I like healthy thick hair that isn't a mullet. I love dark hair and I love curly hair. A little grey is nice too.

I hate disney hair. it's the worst ever and every boy on that channel has this hair cut.

saturn07pic69.jpg

Edward

Bartender
deadpandiva said:

Looks like a refugee from The Partridge Family. In a bad way. :eusa_doh:

(Edited to add: am I just getting old and reactionary, or was anyone else's immediate reaction to that "That's a boy?" And look who's talking!! lol ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace