Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favourite season?

What's your favourite season?

• Spring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summer

• Autumn

• Winter

• Total voters
Doran said:
I hate heat. I hate it passionately. I hate it as much as some people hate war. God, I hate it. It's warmer in Berkeley than San Francisco which had the best weather in the world: always pleasantly cool, seldom cold, and warm every once in a while.

I would like winter but the days are short. That's depressing.

Fall is good but you know the days will get short soon. That's also depressing.

Spring wins.

It ain't that warm around here. Turn down the heater and go outside dude. ;) :p

~*Red*~

Practically Family
I can't pick one season, I like them all..... In truth, think I just like the change of the season.. the beginning of the next season is like a breath of fresh air. By the end of the current season, I'm ready for something new.

Nashoba

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
It ain't that warm around here. Turn down the heater and go outside dude. ;) :p

yeah I was in San Francisco last night and it was pretty danged chilly. and windy too. For a gal in a light summer dress who had gotten off of a plane from a place that's near 100 right now....wasn't good. I had to borrow a corduroy jacket from my mom.

Fast

Familiar Face
Favorite season

Bob Gaudio.

Back in the San Francisco Bay Area, it had to be the long wet autumn that sneered at winter as, like a runner beating out the throw and catcher's touch into the home plate of spring.

Now, in southern California, we haven't any seasons. It's all summer, and therefore not really a season. It's pleasant, but boring.

Carpe Diem
Fast

Nashoba said:
yeah I was in San Francisco last night and it was pretty danged chilly. and windy too. For a gal in a light summer dress who had gotten off of a plane from a place that's near 100 right now....wasn't good. I had to borrow a corduroy jacket from my mom.

Yep, out here I put the heater on----in summer! :eek: :eusa_doh: Its nuts. Someone stole my California summers. :rage:
Mark Twain was dead right. :eusa_doh:

olive bleu

One Too Many
I used to love the hot weather.In fact, I used to spend countless hours every winter wondering how i was going to make a living when i finally handed in my desk keys and moved to Bora Bora.But as time trickles on, i find i am less and less tolerant of the heat.

But, I positively hate the cold.Unless I am in front of a roaring fire, with a dog at my feet and a nice glass of whisky in my hand.

So, I say Spring.The season of hope.Every year,after spending many dark months feeling that we might be actually in the early stages of another Iceage, it is always a small miracle to me to find that we are not.I never get tired of this.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Surprise, surprise...looks like I am just like the majority here: Autumn-lover.
Besides the light ,the colours and the autumnsmells it also brings on the IRVIN jacket, the flyingboots, the greatcoats or trenchcoats and that nice white sweater.....year, autumn is grand!

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
I'm with you, Spitfire, Autum is my favorite season of the year. Beautiful here on the East Coast of the USA, Mid-Atlantic region.

Beautiful foliage, crisp weather, perfect for pulling out the finest from the wardrobe, however, humble it might be, lol!!

Fall also starts you thinking of the Holidays........Halloween, if that is a Holiday (?), Thanksgiving here in the U.S. and, of course, Christmas.....I'm looking forward to it already!!!

vonwotan

Practically Family
I enjoy all four seasons for their variety however, I think my favourite season is just after the renters clear out just after labor day. The water is still warm, the beaches are empty and the weather is generally in the 70s and less humid. Until it get down below 50 again, this is near perfect weather for us to be out on the beach with the dogs.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BJBAmerica said:
I'm with you, Spitfire, Autum is my favorite season of the year. Beautiful here on the East Coast of the USA, Mid-Atlantic region.

Beautiful foliage, crisp weather, perfect for pulling out the finest from the wardrobe, however, humble it might be, lol!!

Fall also starts you thinking of the Holidays........Halloween, if that is a Holiday (?), Thanksgiving here in the U.S. and, of course, Christmas.....I'm looking forward to it already!!!
This is EXACTLY how I feel! Only a month to go!

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Sure someone has said this already ...
But way down south the only season that is even bearable is winter. It is probably equivalent to the "autumn" everyone else voted for ;)

Hal

Practically Family
scotrace said:
Give me trudging through the snow in ten degrees (in a snappy hat and vintage overcoat!) over sweating my way along in a wrinkled shirt stuck to my back in 90 degrees any day.
With you all the way, scotrace - winter has all the sartorial advantages.
Anything over 25C is purgatory for me, though I like the transitional seasons of spring and autumn as then the natural world is at its most dynamic - in high summer and deep winter it sleeps. For me the most exciting time is the end of winter - late February to early March, when nature is stirring - the day-length is increasing dramatically but winter clothing is still appropriate.
If only we could have a midday temperature of 8C but 16 hours of daylight!

Dracca

One of the Regulars
I love the fall!

Summer is way to hot in Texas, even at a mile high elevation, it's still the high "desert." Winter is a bit cold at a mile high, especially the nights. Spring is ok but fall is my favorite. I really just LOVE being able to get back into long sleeves and jackets and great coats everyday. I like the cool crisp air and having the windows open in the afternoons. I love the first few nights lighting the fireplace.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Spring, spring, spring!! I love spring!

I love the melting away of the snow and the appearance of crocuses. I love the warming of the weather and clothes on the line. I adore the flowers and the butterflies and the warm afternoon thunderstorms. I can't wait to see the sunny daffodils and the plump little birds. Before you know it, there are lambs and calves and foals in the fields. It's a time for gardening and picnics.

The grass is green, the sun is warm, the air is sweet, and all life seems to start anew... I can hardly ask for more than that!

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Fall.

The morning chill, the turning trees, a little breeze. The woodsmoke! Its Intoxicating! The early morning thumping of my 76 Chevy pickup, and belching exhaust.
I don't miss logging so much, but it was amazing at breaktime, you'd shut down, pull your earplugs, and hear nothing at all.:)

Oh the hunt! After work, I'd grab my 30-30 and head off until dark, where you make your way back to the truck, and go home to a warm house, family and friends, sit back, relax, and get ready for tomorrow.:coffee:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran