Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When did you first start wearing Make-up?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
My mother never wore any makeup at ALL so while I did start my then almost entirely pale-pink makeup routine at 12 (in a sort of semi-rebellious gesture, as rebellious as pale pink Wet N Wild lipstick with clear mascara ever gets) I never and I mean NEVER got shown how to apply eyeliner correctly.

I was fond enough of the natural look at the time that I never asked my little highschool girlfriends, who were all rocking cat's eyes and dramatic highschool girl eyeliner to show me.

Will the lady at the makeup counter think I am mentally deficient if at 25 I ask for a tutorial? My fiance loves the look of bold goth eyeliner and smoky eyes on girls and I don't know how to do it.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
10 years old, 5th grade, 1983. Coty pink lipstick and pink and purple eyeshadow....And I am sure it looked like hell since I am an autumn. :)
By 7th grade I was wearing full base, concealor, powder, and everything else. My mom enrolled me in a John Robert Powers modeling course that year to learn about proper makeup application, hairstyling and poise...of which I had none. :)

Tikismall

New in Town
My aunt would put makeup on me when I was little, mostly for fun and also to give me ideas of what to do when I was allowed to wear it when I got older.
Back in the 80's if you were ethnic most of your makeup was special order from a department store because they didn't carry too many shades of brown to match most ladies skin tones.
I am a lighter shade of brown than she was so she would mix colors together to match my shade when putting base on me.

I always loved makeup growing up and started wearing it when I was in middle school.
I had the worst time finding base for my skin tone for years but now with all the color match shades I have no issues with the selections anymore.

And lastly,
Always loved the red lips since I was a little girl and I now have the most absurd amount of red lipsticks to count! lol

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
August 1963, age 16. Opera: Aida, Chautauqua Opera Association. It's been downhill all the way ever since. This is what happens when the show biz bug bites. lol
Aida63.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo