Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Where there's tea, there's hope"

rumblefish

One Too Many
Has anyone ever tried Yerba Mate?

A tea of sorts, drunk out of a gourd with a spoon-like straw. A friend of mine got me to try it awhile ago, I now have my own gourd, bombilla (straw), and a couple of bags she bought me. quite different from the asian teas.

Corto

A-List Customer
My tea habit.

After taking stock of my "sensitivity" to caffeine, I recently decided to replace all hot beverages after that first, wonderful, beautiful, delicious cup of coffee in the morning, with tea.

In the afternoon if I need a little "buzz" I've been drinking Williamson and Magor "Assam" tea. A British friend of mine made some unkind comments about that preference, so I have some P&G "builder's tea" in stock as well.

In the evenings, I've been drinking decaffeinated green tea with some lemon and fake sugar. Piping hot, hits the spot.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
rumblefish said:
Has anyone ever tried Yerba Mate?

A tea of sorts, drunk out of a gourd with a spoon-like straw. A friend of mine got me to try it awhile ago, I now have my own gourd, bombilla (straw), and a couple of bags she bought me. quite different from the asian teas.

I had it several times when I was living in Chile.

Salv

One Too Many
This seems like the perfect place to post this - the Victoria & Albert Museum will be selling this tea-towel from February:

tpott_pop.jpg

From the website for the V&A shop:
The perfect answer to a hard day of housework - now you can finish the drying up with this hilariously retro tea towel and then remember to "drive away the droops" with a good cup of tea. Originally a design by E.Mcknight Kauffer the teatowel is made from 100% cotton. Machine washable. Exclusive to the V&A. Measures 48cm x 74cm.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
ahh you will have to tel me how it is....

I have only eaten across the road at the kings head.....

It was lovely! Not high tea, by any means, but something you'd actually find in England. Good food and tea selection, all kinds of yummy sandwiches. And delectable little pastries at the end, Bakewell tarts... The server was adorable, with a wonderful Scottish accent. If you're looking for something filling, on the less-expensive side (around $15 for a standard afternoon selection), it's a good place to go. The grocery adjacent is nice too, cheaper than the one next to King's Head.

Staredge

One of the Regulars
Chai, very strong, with cream and either sugar or honey. Green tea with honey very occasionally. Mostly coffee with cream & WAAAAAYYYY too much sugar.

Will

CdnDandy

Familiar Face
Trying to decide what to have this morning:

Tiramisu rooibos?
Vanilla Lemon white tea?
White Vanilla Coconut white tea?
Earl Grey Cream black tea?
Celtic Twist ceylon blend?
Moroccan Mint black tea?
Gen Mai Chai green tea?

Steve

Practically Family
Recently I've been quite fond of Vanilla Chai with milk and sugar first thing in the morning. Wonderful, wonderful drink.

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
I love tea, it's pretty much all I drink at home. My favorites are:

Irish breakfast with sugar and cream
Chai tea with sugar and cream
Decaffinated white tea with sugar (what we both drink all night, pretty much every night).

Riposte3

One of the Regulars
Earl Grey
Lemon Lift
English Breakfast

The local coffee shop (which also has a large loose leaf tea selection) actually makes tea to order in a little cast iron pot that holds about 2-3 cups. I tried Pinhead Gunpowder there once, and it's easily the best tea I've ever had. Unfortunately, it's a bit expensive, so I didn't buy any to take home.

After seeing this thread, I had to do 2 things:
1. Make a cup of tea (Bigelow Green tea with orange and spices)
2. Change my signature.

-Jake

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
A hot cup of chai masala is my tea addiction. There's nothing like the aroma of cardamom, ginger, clove, pepper, and cinnamon to wake up the senses. Mix in some warmed soy milk and a teaspoon of honey and you got yourself the next best thing to a hot cup of coffee.

I think my favorite chais would be Good Earth, India Organic, and Yogi Tea. Although, I also like to try my hand at mixing my own from time to time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran