Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where's the globe trotting hat now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Welcome woodyhatmaker

woodyhatmaker ...i'm not sure what the rules are it started so "playing it

above the ear" ...as long as its on the move thats what counts.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Okay boys and girls...

I have the hat and Barry and I took some photos in Washington right before Christmas. (Photos: Here!)

Although I have some valid reasons for hanging on to it, it HAS been in my possession for MUCH too long. Therefore, to expedite the movement throughout the South and Midwest, I have gone to the signup map and established the itinerary set forth in the later post. (#73)

To facilitate the movement of the hat and to ensure that some other dunderhead (like me) doesn't hold on to it for MONTHS. (Sorry again, guys.) We are setting some new rules:
  1. You can only hold on to the hat for ONE week. That's right. SEVEN DAYS!
  2. Have someone take photos with you wearing it and THEN send it by USPS Priority Mail to the next recipient.
  3. Hand-to-hand handoffs ONLY within the seven day limit. NO -- EXCEPTIONS!
  4. To facilitate this, I have created mailing labels for the next 6 stops.
  5. The USPS Priority Mail postage comes to $??. (Less than three galllons of gas!)
This meet with everyone's approval? (If not, tough nuggies!) ;)

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab

Baggers

Practically Family
I was just beginning to wonder what had happened it.

Sounds fine with me. The face to face hand offs were a great idea, but the time/inertia factors really slowed this project down. Besides, the hat will be starting to move into parts of the country where distances between folks will be greater.

Cheers!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Baggers said:
I was just beginning to wonder what had happened it.

Sounds fine with me. The face to face hand offs were a great idea, but the time/inertia factors really slowed this project down. Besides, the hat will be starting to move into parts of the country where distances between folks will be greater.

Cheers!

So was I. I'd like to see that hat move all over the world. A few times even. :)

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Update...

Hat is on the move this afternoon. Based upon REAL physical addresses received by me, here is the itinerary for the next six weeks. I will post a follow-on itinerary and forward mailing labels after I return from Idaho.

1. MD > VA - Zemke Fan > Aquia33
  2. VA > NC - Aquia33 > Chad Sanborn
  3. NC > NC - Chad Sanborn > Big Man
  4. NC > NC - Big Man > Snrbfshn
  5. NC > SC - Snrbfshn > Lancealot
  6. SC > SC - Lancealot > Zohar
Tentative Next Stops:
  1. SC > FL - Zohar > Phre7
  2. FL > FL - Phre7 > Squid
  3. FL > FL - Squid > Sharpetoys
  4. FL > AL - Sharpetoys > Spiridon
  5. AL > AR - Spiridon > RBH
  6. AR > TX - (3 stops in Texas)
  7. TX > OK
  8. OK > IL - (3 stops in Illinois)
  9. IL > IN

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
scotrace said:
Can we PLEASE have a thread that is strictly updates on the hat's current location (with hand-off pics) and where it is going? Has this great idea stalled right out of the gate?

I thought this was it, which was why it was a sticky. But now...

Zemke Fan said:
For the globetrotting hat. Add your name here and PM me with your REAL WORLD mailing address.

So this thread is no longer valid?

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Info to Zemke

Hello gents

I just PM'd my info to Zemke Fan. Seems to be looking good for the hat trip. My wife even decided to travel with me and the hat to the next destination. She thinks it's a "cool" idea. I replied " Nothin' but cool on the lounge"

Regrards and Safe holidays to all.

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
GTH is in Aquia Harbour Va.

The GTH is staying with me for the week, in Aquia Harbour Va The birthstone of the USA. GTH arrived on Friday. Yesterday, we went into Washington DC to see the Trans Siberian Orch perform, then to Tony Changs for dinner. Afterwards it was a drive by the US Capitol and a tip of the GTH in respect for President Ford (The Rotunda was still being readied for the public viewings, so we could not pay proper respect). We then went to the Pagent of Peace on the Mall and saw the National Christmas tree. There are pictures in the journal. This week I hope to take the GTH to the new Marine Heritage Museum at Quantico and have a solemn moment in rememberance of warriors past, from all services.

Then I expect that GTH will want to get on the road again, I believe his next stop is to visit with Chad S. in Ashville NC.

Happy New Year to all,

George B (AKA: Aquia33)

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
GTH in Virginia

Well the GTH has a good stay with me in Aquia Harbour, Virginia. I updated the log book with the activities and have placed some pictures in the log. Here is a link to some pictures of what we saw/did.

http://www2.snapfish.com/shareethum...4290304/cobrandOid=1000131/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

GTH will be taking a road trip to the Carolinas to visit Chad Sanborn this afternoon.
GTH departed Aquia today (1/3) via USPS, 2 day delivery

Happy New Year to all.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Here are the next steps on the GTH adventure...

Order of transit as it stands now:

1. VA > NC - Aquia33 > Chad Sanborn
  2. NC > NC - Chad Sanborn > Big Man
  3. NC > NC - Big Man > Snrbfshn
  4. NC > SC - Snrbfshn > Lancealot
  5. SC > SC - Lancealot > Zohar
  6. SC > FL - Zohar > phre7
  7. FL > AL - phre7 > spiridon
  8. AL > AR - spiridon > RBH
  9. AR > TX - RBH > Baggers
  10. TX > TX - Baggers > J.M. Stovall
  11. TX > TX - J.M. Stovall > Dave Keith
  12. TX > OK - Dave Keith > Flyboy
  13. OK > IL - Flyboy > Johhnysan
  14. IL > IL - Johhnysan > Hannigan Riley
  15. IL > IL - Hannigan Riley > Jake Sullivan
This is subject to revision if others want to be added within the existing states on the list (e.g. Florida, Texas, Illinois, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner