Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why are wrinkles undesireable?

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
PrettySquareGal said:
Why do we like to collect old things, but when it comes to personal aesthetics, we try to hide those very same things we adore in material objects? The signs of history, experience and character?

Tomasso said:
There's patina ....and then there's... run down. ;)

Such is life.

I'm amused that when I began reading this thread, I was thinking it was about wrinkles in clothes . . . and Tomasso's reply didn't alter my opinion any. I was thinking it was a continuation of a previous discussion of wrinkled vs. non-wrinkled shirts (and the place of non-wrinkle fabric in shirtmaking).

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I personally think crow's feet are nice. It reminds me of how everyone gets crow's feet for a little bit when they are really smiling or laughing, so when they are permanent it just seems like someone's had years of smiling behind them.

I've been dating a fella that's 11 years older than me (32) and he has just the teeniest crow's feet starting and I think they are just adorable.

I don't want to look haggard or anything like that when I'm older, but wrinkles are a part of aging gracefully, so I'll accept them when they come!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wrinkles are cute.
Grey hair is sexy.
But the effect of gravity, where everything is sagging, is the not-fun part of getting older. Hate that. Unfortunately, gravity always wins in the end.

Says the girl who is using a 24 year old picture for her current avatar...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MissAmelina said:
And here are some wrinkly older woman I adore. :)

610x.jpg

Fionnula Flanagan
I think this woman is immortal :)
She is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

LD

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Ah yes, Catherine Deneuve is smoldering, as is my favorite

Isabelle Huppert
20070406-huppert2.jpg

Nicole Kidman (though still too young to be mentioned) will always be a goddess
040610_stepford_vsml_12p.widec.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Lotta Little said:
It's very disheartening to me to see the change that comes over women I know once they age past 45, and suddenly become terrified of losing their looks, and therefore, their relevance. Has it really come to this?

It's a mans world, but I was born to laugh in its face, be a cheerleader to my sisters, and rule it.

MissHannah

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
It's a mans world, but I was born to laugh in its face, be a cheerleader to my sisters, and rule it.

:eusa_clap

It's an effing tragedy that women are still valued more for their appearance than anything else in modern society, after all we have done to further our journey towards equality this is the thing that prevents us from truly achieving it. Perhaps when I am old and saggy and therefore invisible I can be valued for some other qualities, such as my intelligence, humour, strength of character and kindness. :)

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I think if people post pics of celebrities they see as examples of graceful aging, they shouldn't have verifiable alterations. :)

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/family/celebrity/candice-bergen-jul05

LS: How do you feel about plastic surgery? Is it something you approve of?
CB: Well, of course I approve! It would be dishonest for me to say otherwise--I have had some Botox and some plumping up done, but I am trying to avoid the actual "lift." I don't want to look like some of these people who have frozen faces and ears. Some people go too far with it...but maybe I haven't gone far enough?

tuppence

Practically Family
cherry lips said:
Ah yes, Catherine Deneuve is smoldering, as is my favorite

Isabelle Huppert
20070406-huppert2.jpg

Nicole Kidman (though still too young to be mentioned) will always be a goddess
040610_stepford_vsml_12p.widec.jpg

I sort of agree with you here. Nicole has got a lot of flack for her frozen face in her home country. But both of these ladies will always have class.

just_me

Practically Family
C Bergen might have had some botox done, but truthfully when I saw her on BL it appeared as if she hadn't. She has crows feet, lines, and the ever popular chicken neck. But still beautiful.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Fleur, I didn't know that Nicole had had work done. Hopefully the other idols I posted are natural. Not that I judge her for doing it, but I do agree with PrettySquareGirl, this thread is about embracing wrinkles!
I LUV the steamy movie Lust och Fägring Stor -All Things Fair (International: English title)- with Marika Lagercrantz, don't miss it! It's a romance between a teacher and her pupil, set in the 40s = hot, hot, hot!
wideberg_all_things_fair.jpg

1158283024.jpg

jac

Familiar Face
Wrinkles = wisdom.
I love silver hair on women, particularly mine.
Helen Mirren has it all over these young chicks.
Character!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy