Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Crusher and Garrison Caps

Wild Root

Gone Home
Wow! You have some photos my friend. Did you know there was also a B-17 named Shoo Shoo Baby as well? It is also known as one of few flying veteran Forts around! Look it up in Google. Very cool stuff budy!

Root.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Here's one that I know you guys have never seen before.

can_opener_01.jpg

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Now that's what I am talkin about Wingnut, I like that one a lot. Our fly boys had some of the most active minds when it came to creativity and some artistic talent as well.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
:D

Actually, that's my design. That's what I'd put on a P-47 if I ever were to get my hands on one. I'll have to settle for the jacket for now.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I take my hat off to you bud! I totaly thought that was copied from an original nose art! Not a lot of stuff can get past me man, but that usre did! Good job friend!

Root.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Thanks! That was my goal - produce a piece of art that fit the style of the period, enough to make people think it was actually on an aircraft during the war.

I had a friend paint it, jacket painting is his profession...he does incredible work.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Yes he does, I would really like to know what type of paint he uses. The saying on the back of my A-2 I took from a 9th AFF pilot on D-DAY, Asa Clark, who would always take one of the paper bomb tags off and write something on it for every mission he flew, all 70 of his missions. On D-DAY he wrote "The Big Show Is On" as he made his run over Utah Beach,which was his 45th mission.

JumpinHowie

New in Town
sorry this info is SOOO late and out of place, but I saw soke people asking for the info earlier and thought I would post for those who want to know. As far as Mae Wests are concerned, What Price Glory made a whole run of reproductions that are spot on. I went down to see them and they are perfect and it is nearly imposible to tell it from my origonal except it is clean like the Mae West would have been at the time... and look how perfect even thoe hidden details are...
B3valve.jpg
he also has some other great items for all you fly boys :)
http://www.whatpriceglory.com
And for the perfect chutes you should go to http://www.vintageparachutes.com
They are also perfect reproductions, and I will vouch for their quality.
95063.jpg
95051.jpg

JumpinHowie

New in Town
the repo Mae West is $150, adn the repo chute which is actually a functional, jumpable chute set-up... but is not endorsed that way because of the possibility of lawsuits (the builder is a master riger), and I think they go for about $1800, but if you are really interested then just e-mail the rigger.

MDFrench

A-List Customer
Well,

I'm gonna throw a monkey into the works here. Yeah, US crushers are sweet and all (e.g. Gregory Peck in Twelve O'Clock High) but for me, the RAF Officer's Cap is the cover of choice... well.... on the ground anyway.

Naturally, the leather flight helmet and a good pair of MKVIIIs is my headgear of choice!

Mike

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
Cheers Paddy,

Hey, well done for making those 40 hard missions

Yeah, 40 eh?, never would have believed it, don't feel 40. Congrats on yours, you kept that quiet, did you have a 'do'? Mine has actually been postponed until the Summer, a lot of my friends couldn't make the proposed date (at least that's what they said!), so I'm going to have it when the weather's better and we can go outside. Just about got my uniform sorted now, the trousers aren't proper pinks but I think can get away with them.
Did you see my post on VLJ about my birthday present? I got me a Triple Date Speedmaster-my wife hasn't hidden the box so I keep getting it out for a quick peep!
Yeah, Mike, the RAF peaked cap looks good too (although not with an A-2), especially when well battered-I remember Jack Currie in 'Lancaster Target' being quite disgusted when somebody 'half inched' his cap, which he had spent a great deal of time and effort bashing to a quite disgraceful condition.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
...Mike and Paddy

Congrats Mike- but it's not for a few days is it?

Congrats to you too Paddy- you kept that quiet.

I have mine next New Years Eve- guess I'll have to pre-order my crusher-
come to think of it, I don't even own an A-2 right now- scary stuff huh?
-maybe I'll go Lutwaffe instead... dirty job but someone's gotta be the bad guy and the gear's pretty kool anyway.

Nice pic by the way, Mikey- sp when you getting a Fedora then?
BellyTank- (you know- trying to keep an element of anonimity here).

Bogie1943

Practically Family
MIKEY WAKE UP, FIRE FIRE!!!!

(Group laughs as Mickey, his shoe laces tied together, falls head over heals)

The Lesson, if you are in the AAF never fall asleep, your buddies will play tricks on you.

LOL, sorry, had to make a joke about your profile pic, I like it!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mikey, love the new crusher hat!

Hey Mikey, I like the new crusher you got (from Garcia?) in your avatar. Very nice. Still needs abit of jumping on though and maybe a tug of war with a dog, to give it that 'lived in' look :) ....nice one!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou