5 seconds............which hat ?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Lean'n'mean, Jul 27, 2016.

1. The Jackal

The Jackal One of the Regulars

I'd probably grab my caribou Saxon. It's the first legitimate hat I ever bought, even though its been on my head the shortest amount of time. I save it for special occasions, and what occasion is more special than "the end"?

Zombie_61, BobHufford and Robieman like this.
  2. suitedcboy

suitedcboy One Too Many

VS charcoal gray with black ribbon, it goes with anything and everything and fits so well and feels so good doing it. 20180713_190321_resized.jpg

3. Mustang Mike's Hats

Mustang Mike's Hats A-List Customer

Easy choice. My 1950's Cavanaugh edge!

4. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

Post-apocalyptic can mean different things.

If I could return to my possessions at some point in the future, I would take a Fed IV for the event, due to its durability. And I wouldn't be too terribly upset if it got mussed.

If I couldn't return to my possessions, then that means I wouldn't be around much longer, anyway, due to lack of necessary daily medical supplies.

In that case, I'd grab my 1940s sage green John Cavanagh. If I'm gonna die, it should be under a super-fine, super-rare hat.

DOGMAN, M Hatman and Zombie_61 like this.
  5. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

Stetson 100. Solid, sturdy, looks great, feels good.

M Hatman and deadlyhandsome like this.
  6. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

My allround Wegener (imported massmarket) traveller felt hat.

7. Edward

Edward Bartender

Fun game. Thinking about it now, I'd say my late forties Royal Stetson fedora, though in practice it's more likely to be my Deluxe FedIII, as that hangs beside the front door. I can't ule out my subconscious also playing up the Indy panache of grabbing that as the door slams and heading out to the next stage of the adventure.

Hopefully I won't have to find out in reality!

Robieman, Zombie_61 and scottyrocks like this.
  8. Tukwila

Tukwila Call Me a Cab

Are we assuming we can grab a nice fedora like we're heading out to a nice restaurant or are we running headlong into some nasty, Mother Nature induced nastiness?

If there's a little cover, then I'll take my Gannon natural. I love that hat. If I'm going to be battling sun, rain, elements, etc, then I'd grab the Stratton outback conversion from NW Hats.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. sebastian czentner

sebastian czentner One of the Regulars

i would say for the end my orion ( Kind of Lord´s hat, but Argentine version) and one of my bow tie´s.

M Hatman likes this.
  10. Steinbockhase

Steinbockhase A-List Customer

A major, life threatening catastrophe ... and all you guys and girls are trying to save is a fedora, really?
    Ofcourse it depends on the kind of catastrophe, but I would assume it is more pratical to wear a bike, motorcycle or military helmet, for head protection :)

Zombie_61 likes this.
  11. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

True, but it's a hat-specific, fantasy exercise. In all reality, who knows what anyone would do.

12. sebastian czentner

sebastian czentner One of the Regulars

Will we die with style.

13. crawlinkingsnake

crawlinkingsnake One of the Regulars

apocalypse be damned... I say bring it on in my Spanish Conquistador helmet! :mad:
    141.JPG